[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Man

Quote from: alaestor on June 14, 2017, 05:28:35 PM
Please update your Misc. Robots and R++ versions to the latest.

Just did and the same thing occurs. I will start a new save and revert.

AngleWyrm

Uploaded mv2.0.5 which is a minor recipe bug fix (forgot to change an old A16 value...)

Happy to report that with R++ version mv2.0.5 and Misc. Robots v0176 all of the robots I tested presented recharge gauges and went back to work when full.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

alaestor

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 15, 2017, 02:38:52 AM
Uploaded mv2.0.5 which is a minor recipe bug fix (forgot to change an old A16 value...)

Happy to report that with R++ version mv2.0.5 and Misc. Robots v0176 all of the robots I tested presented recharge gauges and went back to work when full.

Ah... That means it's one of "those" problems...
Double check your load order, keep the Misc. mods close together and near the top of the list.
http://i.imgur.com/S0DOD26.gif

AngleWyrm

Those problems can be reduced to a minimum by using github.

With github, the dev uploads changes whenever they get to a stopping place in their work. Then when the accumulation of changes meets their idea of what would make a good release (usually stability, features and bug fixes) they tag the current progress as a release and carry on with making more updates.

Anyone wishing to use the mod can be presented with the releases page, and the beta-testers looking for bleeding edge developments and bug-hunting opportunities can download the latest commit.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

alaestor

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 15, 2017, 12:46:29 PM
Those problems can be reduced to a minimum by using github.

Yes I'm well aware of git and github. (personally I use gitlab for my real programming stuff)

But "Those" problems I was referring to is spontaneous breaking of the misc. mods with no errors, rhyme, or reason, when placed in low in the mod list. It's been a consistent issue where I just need to remind people to keep big mod groups together and near the top. Not really official advice because its rarely needed and not a requirement but it tends to save a lot of headaches trying to debug when seemingly nothing is wrong.

Ashardalon411

So, after testing with only omnibot (100 at start for see) , i don't really like it, not because supposedly they are op, but only because they do a lot of FPS drop !
More than all bot i have see !  :o
With one omni bot its ok (he block the game for 0,1 sec every time when he switch his work but its playable), but after 4 bots my fps are halved and i can see things like prisonneers who be sundently able to teleport outside the box and comme back 2 sec later into for example.
At 10 its 0,5 FPS, whisper...
I need to completly stop them when i need to make a work composed of a lot of small works, like plantations or make a wood flooring because my pawns are more quick (in terms of gaming times irl) than them for do this kind of job ! An attic for things which have 20 in constructions and plantations...

With pawns, the sames actions are fluids, how its possible ?

How its possible to optimisate it ?

They have a to do list of one job, right ?
Quote from: suggestionAnd if we can do a system of 10 emplacements of to do list on the bots and a general to do list of lot more, for each type of bots initialised when the first station is installed ?
The general to do list inventories pertinents jobs potentials without reserve them, and when his list are at 5/10 free the bot will add some jobs from the general list (who are deleted from the general) and reserved the first and the second job from their bot's list.

If a robot is destroyed, his list is resend to the general list

how do you think that ?

Edit: it appear that when the robots are on working and after you save and reload, it comes back at the normal... http://i.imgur.com/S0DOD26.gif
...for comeback this lags after 5 minutes. Grrr !

alaestor

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 16, 2017, 05:07:18 AM
So, after testing with only omnibot (100 at start for see) , i don't really like it, not because supposedly they are op, but only because they do a lot of FPS drop !

The lag is for balance reasons.

...joke.

It has to do with the Haul priority (and I suspect it's amplified by the movement speed of the robot?) I'm thinking of removing the ability to haul from OmniBot until there's a work around / fix for it.

Note that this is default rimworld behavior. Even colonists cause this if left idle for too long with the Haul priority enabled.

EDIT: if others are experiencing lag issues, you can fix it by removing the hauler worktype from OmniBot manually

Ashardalon411

The balance trolled me lol !  ;D

Ok, so why don't make your own work search behavior ?
Its anderstandable from Tynan who never think it be possible to have 5 or more hauler who look at every 1/5 sec for work and don't have optimise at this point.
Copy paste this behavior from the core for separate them from the pawns behavior and look for optimisation, maybe with my suggestions (who where inspired from my lessons on the i5 processor architecture for the record)

Canute

You forget one thing, the robots are since A17 animals, and animals arn't designed to haul that much.
Haplo and Walking Problem expand the behavior of these animals to fit the new roles as robots,slaves or minions.
Ofcourse there will be new problems with them. And i don't think you want the ultimate Omnibot MAI add to your colony ? :-)

SpaceDorf

Thanks @Alaestor .. it's been a while since I read the whole first post ... Will Smith just made my day :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

alaestor

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 16, 2017, 07:54:09 AM
Ok, so why don't make your own work search behavior ?
[...]
Copy paste this behavior from the core for separate them from the pawns behavior and look for optimisation, maybe with my suggestions (who where inspired from my lessons on the i5 processor architecture for the record)

Well, for one I think it's more tightly ingrained into rimworld than that and I doubt it would be easy to just give robots their own separate handling code (i don't think they would be based on colonists / dead colonists / animals / grass or whatever Haplo bases them on next, if that was the case).

For two, I hesitate to even call R++ a "mod" because it's just definitions. I don't have a single line of code in R++. It's all just data that's handled and managed by Haplo's C# code and rimworld/unity itself. As such; that type of tinkering goes beyond what R++ is, and would be better left to the parent mod / Haplo,  or Rimworld / Tynan.

Manual Fix
For now I'd recommend editing this yourself since it's clearly a bigger issue on weaker machines. go to ...\RimWorld\Mods\Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension\Defs\ThingDefs. Open "RPP_Races.xml" and scroll all the way to the bottom where you'll see RPP_Bot_Omni_V. Then you can remove line 427 that says <li><workTypeDef>Hauling</workTypeDef><priority>2</priority></li>

That (hopefully) will solve the issue for you.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 17, 2017, 02:19:36 PM
Thanks @Alaestor .. it's been a while since I read the whole first post ... Will Smith just made my day :)

Thanks man xD glad you liked it. I just made it this morning so that I can copy/paste the link to people who submit really weird bugs involving known-good features.

SpaceDorf

So now for the stupid question :

I have a dead robot, how can I repair it ? ( A Trader Bought - KitchenIII, I have just researched Basic Robotics )

Canute

Repairing isn't possible yet, haplo is working on this soon or later.

SpaceDorf

To bad, I thought it might be, because of the description of the dead robot.
But having an Empty Station is already a Step further than everything exploding :)

Thanks for the answer.

Ashardalon411

I have find a tricky way to repair them ! PHY ! exchange the station whith this mod and give them back to you.
Its reset the station state.
Of course, you will need a trusted partner to give you this kind of service...
(maybe with promised ressources after he have resend ;) )

I will try this fix, but my pc is'nt a breadroaster, far as this, (I7, 8Gb in others), but effectively if the omnibot stop to call the hauling fonction same when they will do another job it will be a deliverance !

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Before:
https://youtu.be/F83le44V5So?t=20
manual repair is running.....
count:
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
https://youtu.be/lvfDqgQ-jVc?t=34
It WORKKKKKKKS !

Next step ? Hyperspace  8)

(Thanks a million Alaestor, i have 25 fps constant now !)