[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on August 15, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
If u need any help with halo lore, im always here. Im a long time halo fan, and have played almost all the games, read all the books, seen movies, read graphic novels, watched halo animes. Even read the halo enciclopidia from back to front. So if u need help, im always happy to do so.

The flood infection form is about a foot tall. They walk on anything from six to a dozen legs, and these can allow them to walk on any surface, on walls and even upside down. Thier main body is a bbig sac, probably filled with some kind of gas, due to thier tendencies to explode when being shot. They also have mandibles on the top of thier heads. These are what actually infect thier victims. They enter the chest cavity and latch onto the spine, then rewrite the victims DNA to be more surible to thier needs. If they need more flood, the victim becomes a carrier form. If they need more soldiers, the victim becomes a combat form. Once a critical mass of flood forms is reached, many flood forms of all sorts congregate, merge, and create a gravemind. Any thoughts or abilities or memories of an infected person are added to those of the

If u need more flood to appear when a flood ship crash happens, then let then infect nearby animals. Every 1 in 5 animals becomes a carrier form, which contain several to a dozen infection forms. This can allow the flood to spread quickly across the map. And all that comes out of the ship needs to be infection forms. This actually a real flood tactic. Its how they took over the covanant city high charity. The sent a single phantom packed with infection forms and crashed it inside the city. They then took over the city in a matter of hours. Thats how fast they spread.

I hope this helped. Ask if u need any more help with anything.

My knowledge of Halo lore could use some improvement, so I appreciate your offer, and will let you know if I have any questions about the lore :)

Also, it was always my understanding that the flood infected sentient life forms, and not so much the animals. Is that logic false/misguided?

killer117

Also i thought id put this as an afterthought. When ur doing the covanant behaviour, note that they are neither addaptive or inovative. Meaning they never change thier ways and dont addapt to new situations. This means that they should never remember where traps are and try to avoid them, and they should never try to be sappers. Elites are of a front attack nature. For them to avoid danger is a great dishonour to them. So they wont sap or avoid traps, even if it risks thier lives
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

CB elite

Quick update: Alpha 12 seems to be coming VERY soon. So, next update is going to be for alpha 12 compatability. Will hopefully do a better job of bug bashing than I did for alpha 11 before my release though :)

Dragoon

Quote from: killer117 on August 15, 2015, 08:26:29 PM
-snip-

That is not entirely true. Black ops team are meant to be stealthy meant to kill without being struck. Zealots are often sent to find artifacts stealthy. In fact there is a book called :.  The Sangheili are a species of strong, proud, and intelligent warriors, as well as skilled combat tacticians.
I agree that they will not retreat and in many cases have/can be lured into traps due to their honor system.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

killer117

Yes but in the battle of onyx (i think, it may have been another) spartan blue team demenstrates the covanants inability to adapt when they flush all the O2 out of a covanant destroyer and the hijack it, a trick that that they copied off what the chief has done before. And they also state that while the UNSC would have put in protocol's and failsafes to prevent things like this, the covanant did not. It also bluntly states that the covanant assimilate, but do not addapt and advance. This can be shown by the only time the covanants battlefield tactics have been known to change is either where forerunner artifacts (more presicly, the halo rings) are involed, or during the leadership change between brutes and elites. And the second is only because, while they may not addapt, the elites are at least smart, and have a sense of honour. The brutes are just big, dumb and violent, leading to even furtherly suicidal battlefield tactics
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

killer117

And also, while they may be intelligent and tactical, past events have shown us that they will ignore thier own tactical knowladge in the need to redeem themselves, or gain honour and glory. The zealot charecter from the book the cole protocol is a prime example of an elite struggling with sound knowladge and his honerable duty

Dragoon

Have you ever read Halo: Combat Evolved? It features a clever, but unfortunate black ops elite who hunts John 117. He sets numerous traps, makes use of a grunt as an infiltrator, and is fairly good about trying to kill his supposedly demonic quarry. Then there's the other elite that gets shot in the escape pod, he was not the only infiltrator, but appears to be the only one to have died in the process. I acknowledge that honor can make them do suicidal things but considering their attitude to bleeding, receiving medical treatment, failure, and weakness in general, it doesn't really make sense to refuse to avoid attacks. The Cole Protocol features elite assassins and their habit of suicide in situations where they get captured and can't escape. The reason a lot of elites will just rush in is because of their confidence in their armor and their lack of combat experience. Elites have also been known to take advantage of their form of honor, like sending soldiers who have been dishonored in very distracting suicide attacks, knowing that they will make no attempt to retreat in their desperation to reclaim honor and preserve the lives of their families. I don't want to make this into a long dispute about this, but you can't say that they do things a certain way when there are many instances where they don't, and many when they do.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

killer117

Yes ive read that book. And yes ur right. But the actions of one desperate group of elites does not reflect covanant tactics as a whole. In many games and books, yes, they are acting tactically, at least to a point. But that does not reflect anything but a small portion of thier tactics. During the first space battle in the fall of reach, LT keyes clearly states that the covanants new battlefield tactics are a complete shock, and have mever been observed before. Considering that not long after reach the war ended, this shows that during his time piriod the covanant tried to come up with new ways of fighting. Upon failing, the elite overthrow began, and the arbiter took over. But before that theres 30 years of the same tactics over and over proving that the covanant do not change nor addapt. The only exception i remember, is during halo wars, but then they still used standered tactics except for a few rare ambuses and one kidnapping

CB elite

Odds are, to avoid unnecessary issues, I'm going to avoid coding any new AI for a while. For now, all hostile pawns will remember where traps are (code dictates that memory of a trap's placement lasts at least one year which is sad). Sangheili are honorable warriors, but they aren't complete boneheads about it; I see no reason why a sangheili warrior would avoid a grenade but not a trap, if I'm being totally honest.

Perhaps when I get a bit better at c#, I will look into creating new combat behaviors for certain species of the covenant faction(s). Sangheili will move in closer/rush you, and "berserk" when their blood loss reaches a certain percentage or something along those lines. But, again, this is something that I'm going to have to learn how to do before I can actually implement anything :)

killer117

Its true that they state that it infects sentient life. But in several of the books they talk about how the flood take over all life on a planet. And in the forerunner novels they tell u it started from animals with an unknown virus, which then infected people, which then mutated both species into flood forms. The powder was found on unknown crashed ships, and was used on the animals, favoroute pets, to produce pleasent colours. But then it mutated further. Might be able to have animals get infected first and then people like visitors get it, then the plauge starts. And maybe u could powder cannisters in underground rooms that then infects whoever u use it on. It could be a way to boost the heck outta thier stats for a few days for the next few days, then they would slowly die of the infection, and once its over they mutate and then start killing everything. Could be a couple cool new events

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

CB elite

Most certainly!

Weapon xmls are up-to-date. I just have some pain-per-severity balancing to do with the covenant weapons before I release those a little bit later today. Right now, a single needler shot puts a person in shock :/

Will update soon! :)

Also, gonna be posting a simple mod on the side of this pretty soon (totally unrelated to Halo though)

killer117

Sounds cool. And with needlers, is it possible to code in a sort od bodily splash damage. Thatd be awsome. Because needler rounds explode a moment after impact, so itd be cool to see a shot to the shoulder exploding to damage the arm and torso. Dunno if implementable, but itd still be cool

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on August 23, 2015, 08:19:38 AM
Sounds cool. And with needlers, is it possible to code in a sort od bodily splash damage. Thatd be awsome. Because needler rounds explode a moment after impact, so itd be cool to see a shot to the shoulder exploding to damage the arm and torso. Dunno if implementable, but itd still be cool

Yeah, it's possible but its weird how it works. The game isn't the best at determining the most adjacent body part lol.

For instance, a person could get shot in the left pinky toe, and it might shatter into the pawn's brain...

I'm more interested in finding a way to calculate how many shards have entered a pawn for a super-combine function, if I'm being totally honest :)

killer117

Haha sounds cool. Thatd be hilarious though. Ur like "oh hes lost a toe, who cares" then he he just drops dead with a shredded brain. So could ruin someones day with that