[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

ALPHA 8 RELEASE:

So, Alpha 8 changed a lot of things relating to code...
It's going to be a long while before I get everything I have already made compatible again.
I will make sure to update as I go...

Edit:

I was actually able to finish it today :D
I'm going to test everything out, to make sure it's all functioning properly before posting another link to the updated version though :)

Tbone9921

You should try to make Mjolnir Armor. Please. :D

CB elite

Quote from: Tbone9921 on December 12, 2014, 06:50:49 PM
You should try to make Mjolnir Armor. Please. :D

After I'm done refining the ODST textures, I'm going to be working on the Spartan species/pawn type.
With that, you can expect some Mjolnir armor :) Probably won't be too many variations of it to start off though :-\

Dragoon

[/quote]
Mjolnir armor
[/quote]

What kind of spartan armor? (the armor from halo reach is not standard spartan 3 armor btw)
The spartan 4 armor would be more believable since it was made to used for adults not those trained form childhood . (Not that I care Id love to see it all LOL)
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Tbone9921

Well that's true, but wouldn't you love to see your colonists sprinting around in Mjolnir MK VI?

Axel

You sir, I like.
The textures look marvelous and ill be looking forward to its A8 release. Love having new factions to kill, skin and butcher.

Dragoon

Quote from: Tbone9921 on December 13, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
Well that's true, but wouldn't you love to see your colonists sprinting around in Mjolnir MK VI?

True true. (but I like the spartan 4 armor a bit more)

CB elite

Quote from: Axel on December 13, 2014, 01:30:53 PM
You sir, I like.
The textures look marvelous and ill be looking forward to its A8 release. Love having new factions to kill, skin and butcher.

I was originally going to wait to release the Alpha 8 version to you guys when I had completed the Spartan unit; but, I hit a few speedbumps, and I decided that I'm not going to make you wait for me to finish that. I hope to have the Alpha 8 version up on this thread within 24 hours of me posting this :)

Edit: Alpha 8 version is here!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8n6pxe2czccnge/Project_Haloverse.zip

I've made a few improvements, but it's still in dire need of balancing before I post it to the releases forums.

Let me know if you have any problems downloading/in game.

And, enjoy! :D

Dragoon

YAYAYAYAAYAYAYYAAYAYYAAYAYYAYAYAAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYY

Dragoon

Um that cool down is way to long 3.33s  it should be idk .56 seconds I mean for the brute shot 1.40s would be fine i think but for an assault rifle that is way to long to start shooting.

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on December 15, 2014, 12:58:55 AM
Um that cool down is way to long 3.33s  it should be idk .56 seconds I mean for the brute shot 1.40s would be fine i think but for an assault rifle that is way to long to start shooting.

I'm kind of bad at this balancing thing, if you can't tell LOL. The long cooldown was my attempt at balancing the firepower from the 10 round burst. But anyways, I cut the cooldown in half, and got rid of the forced miss radius that I forgot I put in there; it seems just a little overpowered now haha. I'm going to be playing with this for a while, but thanks for the input friend :)

In other news, I have made a lot of progress with Spartans today!

Sneak peek:

Yes, that is a Spartan. Yes, that is Mjolnir Mark VI armor. Yes, 5 scythers died to one Spartan's hands. Like? :)

Also, I've made it possible to augment normal people to be like Spartans, with the right equipment. For example, Occipital Capillary Reversal effects the brain, causing increased visual perception. The procedure is very long, and the materials needed are very expensive. Thinking about working on a UNSC trader which would carry these materials.

Is the option to augment your colonists into (semi) Spartans a good idea? Should I remove it? Keep it? Let me know! :D

Dragoon

I like the use of the old spartan II armor first :D. You should keep it! I'ts a great idea that way people will augment there people to be real spartans. ( Nothing makes a raider piss his pants faster than wearing spartan armor and acting tough TILL  he sees a real spartan in the same armor X] )

OH RIGHT almost forgot make the burst like 6 rounds? Remember that no matter how good the gun is if the person does not have high skill in shooting it won't hit.

Evul

QuoteI'm considering adding other weapons, but I don't want to become Project Armory Halo Edition. Which brings me to the point that I don't know if my mod would be very compatible with Project Armory, because I believe that the creators of that mod have added a few Halo weapons themselves, and I see some potential for confusion in the code there... Much respect to the makers of that Mod by the way!

Yes we have currently one: MA5DICWS
but have more on the work in progress list. You are 100% free to copy past them in to the mod so it is stand alone from PA (IF you want). (Exsample of an export is actually in the Arachnid mod were the Morita is exported from PA in to the mod.)

The only thing that will happen if a use also use PA is that there will be duplicates of weapons. But i can then recommend the user to turning the Halo weapons of the Project Armory mod off so the user only use the weapons provided Halo mods weapon instead of the PA. :)

Cool mod btw! :D

JonoRig

Hey, I'm loving the textures on this mod, but urm, I just had a cargo pod crash give me 8 ODST helmets, was that intentional? :P