[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

Working on negative consequences for refusing to pay. Now if you refuse, a team of 5 members of the Adeptus Arbites will come to your base.
Once they arrive, you have 1 hour to send out the governor on your own, otherwise they'll come in and arrest him. If they can't reach him (due to being blocked by defenses) or they are attacked during their duty, you've officially committed treason and the arbitors (along with the Imperial Guard in orbit) will become hostile.

An example can be seen here, as governor Evan is offering up a last prayer before the Arbites arrest him:

Now the arrest itself may not seem that spectacular. What may be more of interest is the way by which the arbitors arrive and leave. Wandering in from afar, or coming in by one-way droppods is a bit inconvenient for an intergalactic police force. So they'll swoop in from the sky in an Imperial Aquila Lander.

Introducing: Ships for suborbital and near-orbital travel.

Running on chemfuel, these may be used by AI for air raids, the abovementioned arrests and maybe visitors/traders. They can come in and take off in any direction.

I'm working on making them use the transport-pod system so you'll be able to build them yourself and conquer the planet with your small fleet. No more unreliable drop-pods for those who got the tech and ressources.

Weapon systems are on the agenda, however this will be more of a turret-like implementation, so ships aren't completely vulnerable when grounded. So no bombing runs or dogfights for now.

I may release this module separately for other people to use at some point.

TrashMan

Here's a few basic defs for an astertes - body part, backstories, etc..

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Cpt.Ohu

Thank you, I'll add them to the defs for the next upload together with some options to install them via the MSU.

Progressions Post :

Got the weapon-systems working. You can now define several weapon slots for your ship and which weapons are available for installing. In this case I got a Valkyrie with one front and two wing slots:

System is based on turrets. The main reason to include something like that is to make ships more defendable. On one hand you'll be able to land in front of an enemy base and try to shoot it to bits, and on the other hand once the AI lands for a raid, you can't just sneak up on the ship.

Rocket_Raccoon

Hey there, wanted to test your mod today with a clean colony but got the error message that the ,,Corruption-Pawn Renderer Patch" uses an outdated version of Harmony( 1.0.8)
Looking forward to test especially the Aircraft, because imo that is realy lacking in Rimworld. Oh, and would be awesome if you could  release the ship module separatly :)

Cpt.Ohu

Yeah, should have disabled the download earlier. I was lacking behind in updating to the new Alien Race Framework.

Also: The aircraft isn't in there yet. Progression posts are behind the scenes posts about what I'm doing atm. I'm still working on making travel feasible. Should be in a playable state soon though.

ChaosChronicler

Hey just a quick question, so the flyers when selected show that highlight area that's how many cells it takes up in the game? Also for hit detection the shot has to be on the cell it takes up?

I ask because now that I have a desktop again I'm really seriously thinking about doing a vehicle mod

Cpt.Ohu

Unfortunately, the highlighted area isn't the actual position. Rather it's the size of the object, but adjusted for drawing position. A projectile has to hit the actual position.

MechanoidHiveMind

Anything new?
I like Rimworld, and I like the Warhammer 40k games
so this and the TiberiumRim(for the tiberium infection ofc) is the best type of challenge
The splinter rifle is a  bit to OP in my opinion ( one hit down,those are some nasty toxins) but keep it that way, just don't make it so common, the Tau and the eldar are refusing to put their clothes back on (they consider it alien apparel) and the plaquebearer's and the other deamon's are making mechanoid sounds (work in progress I guess?) the warp rift could be bigger ( and it could spawn a couple more deamons) sorry I was messing in Dev mode and just saw that stuff
btw. The MAD BOOMRAT is that your book or some other (for psyker) I have about 20 mods running with a  lot of content so finding out to who it belongs is a "bit" hard

ANYWAY.... I love the mod , although its "unfinished" I still love it  with  all my heart because it opens up so many options ( like building entire Hiveworld's,or planetary raids)and the feeling of nostalgia when you see the Orks get mown down by SOB storm bolter's.... and I can't wait for the Aircraft to be implemented
One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem
Only Mechanoids ; Everywhere

Cpt.Ohu

Hey there, thank you for your appreciation!

The last build that was available for download wasn't updated to the new alien races framework, hence the bugs with alien apparel (and a few other things). I'm trying to get a semi-stable version together with the new aircraft. Might still take a few days before I can put it up for download again.

Most of the new alien factions are intended as brutal lategame challenges. A dark eldar raid should test the limits of your colony, as should be the case with an ork invasion or an eldar intervention. If they come in too early, you're screwed.

The demons make mechanoid sounds because that's what they were based on and I haven't had the time to either create my own sounds or find some that fit ;)

The mad boomrat isn't by me, it might be from Clutter by Mrofa.

johiah

I suggest adding Tyranids as a twist on the bug hive event, but different. Something like a digestive pool that will birth new rippers and other creatures, and the ripper will consume grass and trees and slag and everything before diving back into the pool, adding more rescources.
"My best warden has no jaw"

Ivan_Poddubniy

Hello! The screenshots look amazing! But the download is disabled. Is it possible to see the mod in the form in which it is now? I understand that it is not yet ready, but would be happy even to look at the textures.

Source

Amazing textures, specially the spaceships ones, otherwise, you should add a transmitter to develop signal in the colony, with that signal you can comunicate with every colonists in a long or close distance, as a example; when a caravan is travelling, or you have to comunicate with a faction from another world having the enough signal force to contact them, you can fuse this with the navegation console that you post before, it's just a idea.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: johiah on April 01, 2017, 04:22:43 PM
I suggest adding Tyranids as a twist on the bug hive event, but different. Something like a digestive pool that will birth new rippers and other creatures, and the ripper will consume grass and trees and slag and everything before diving back into the pool, adding more rescources.

Would be cool, however I'm lacking in the art department, so no Tyranid textures that would work for now.

Quote from: Source on April 04, 2017, 06:38:37 PM
Amazing textures, specially the spaceships ones, otherwise, you should add a transmitter to develop signal in the colony, with that signal you can comunicate with every colonists in a long or close distance, as a example; when a caravan is travelling, or you have to comunicate with a faction from another world having the enough signal force to contact them, you can fuse this with the navegation console that you post before, it's just a idea.

Well, the idea of the new console is that it's capable of receiving and transmitting messages over the whole subsector. I'm not sure I'll add another layer of complexion there for now. Contacting other planets is an idea for long-term however.

Update

New features:

- Ships: Yes, they are here. You can build them from the ships tab via godmode, load them with colonists and items, visit and trade on other bases and assault enemies. Fleet management is in there, but not quite finished. Have fun jumping around in your shiny new mode of transportation.

Some screens:

This shows the fleet management tab. This is designed to let you control more than one aircraft at the same time and keep track of ships.

You can either launch the ship individually or launch the entire fleet, which will then travel to the specified location.

Currently you can perform pretty much the same actions as with transport pods. On empty tiles you can either settle permanently or simply land your planes for further actions. On faction bases you can trade with them, make a friendly visit or assault the settlement. Upcoming will be an option to bomb a settlement if you have bombs attached to your planes.

Ivan_Poddubniy

Your mod is just awesome! I put it on my build with the Hardcore sk, it requires a lot of tinkering, but it looks great! Сan't wait for further development.

Cpt.Ohu

Thanks, and nice that you got it working, I haven't even tackled mod compability myself because I'm afraid as to what I'll find ^^