Need more research options.

Started by narf03, December 24, 2015, 06:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narf03

I manage to complete all the researches within very short amount of time, only 1 or 2 of them are really useful, some of them are required for you to win the game, so if you have no intention to win the game quick, there is little u can do with the research table.

Please do consider adding some research options that really help, like :-
-20% reload time for all turrets
-50% power consumption to all sun lamp
+30% battery capacity
minimum power generation for solar panel is 10% even without sun light
+50% accuracy for mortars
+100% hp for all walls
+100% capacity for stockpiles
+50% more efficient for heaters and coolers
etc

Toggle

That's a bit much for research, but the idea of buffs from research is interesting. I'd say it require certain objectives to unlock it, like the battery capacity increase? It would likely require placing say 8 batteries. Like achievements unlocking research per game.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

MeowRailroad

it would be interesting if there were more research trees, for example after the smithing and machining tables were unlocked, a gun crafting bench could be made where survival rifles, pistols, and other low-powered weapons could be made.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Regret

Interesting.

Research could be made more fluid. Where some research goals can never be completed, but keep giving better and better buffs.
A dimishing return on investment would prevent this from becoming OP.
So after 1 day researching batteries you have a 1% increase in battery capacity, and after 10 days 9%, but after 50 days only 25%.

I can't say I agree with the solar panel research goal here, solar panels need light. That would break my suspension of disbelief.
Increased efficiency on the other hand...