Recruit difficulty usually 90+ ??

Started by BoogieMan, September 07, 2015, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

I don't know if it's just me, but I've over 80% of the prisoners I've captured in my last two colonies had a recruit difficulty over 90. I don't think I've ever seen less than 78 or so since before A11.

One of my best people broke in very short order, like in the first week (ice sheet) and he had to be captured. Now I can't get him back because his difficulty is 96. Even the debug recruit cheat doesn't work on him.

CB elite

Quote from: BoogieMan on September 07, 2015, 09:09:30 PM
Even the debug recruit cheat doesn't work on him.

This should always work 100% of the time... Are you using any mods?

BoogieMan

Quote from: CB elite on September 07, 2015, 09:26:48 PM
Quote from: BoogieMan on September 07, 2015, 09:09:30 PM
Even the debug recruit cheat doesn't work on him.

This should always work 100% of the time... Are you using any mods?

I tried it on a pirate that I captured and it worked on him. The guy it won't work on is a previous colonist, he joined randomly very early on.

Using a few mods.
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Expanded Prosthestics & Organ Engineering
M&Co. Common
M&co. MMS
Rimfire
Teleportation

Mikhail Reign

Don't colonists who are captured only require them to be release to 'recruit' them back to the colony? I remember that's how it use to work - any prisoner pawn released returned to their faction, with arrested colonists just returning to normal.

CB elite

The above post may be something to experiment with. Perhaps the debugger doesnt want to let you "recruit" due to the fact that they already belong to your faction. So yeah, try releasing.

Jimyoda

Once you capture and imprison a colony member, make sure they're no longer broken and simply release them. They should go right back to business.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

If you think about other people with high recruitment difficulty, look at it through there shoes. You wouldn't know what exactly was going to happen to you and you don't now these people. All you would know about the colony that is trying to recruit you is that your colony doesn't get along with them, and that means they could be bad people.
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

stranger080

Quote from: Stone_enderman on September 08, 2015, 01:39:50 PM
If you think about other people with high recruitment difficulty, look at it through there shoes. You wouldn't know what exactly was going to happen to you and you don't now these people. All you would know about the colony that is trying to recruit you is that your colony doesn't get along with them, and that means they could be bad people.
Rimworld has many mechanics that are like real life, this is a great description of this specific one

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

To be honest that's always how I though of it and I assumed most other did as well

Cimanyd

I think some of those annoying 99-difficulty tribals are just the ones that don't understand your colony's language. They couldn't really be a colonist, whether they want to or not, if they can't communicate with the others.

If you keep them in your prison for months, eventually your warden will teach them enough of the language to join the colony if they want (they may eventually succeed the 1%).
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Quote from: Cimanyd on September 08, 2015, 07:08:17 PM
I think some of those annoying 99-difficulty tribals are just the ones that don't understand your colony's language. They couldn't really be a colonist, whether they want to or not, if they can't communicate with the others.

If you keep them in your prison for months, eventually your warden will teach them enough of the language to join the colony if they want (they may eventually succeed the 1%).
That helps explain what I said,
Quote from: Stone_enderman on September 08, 2015, 01:39:50 PM
The difficulty makes it realistic like the game is meant to be

Shurp

Seems like it should be a bit easier --

"Join us or I put a bullet in your head"

-- but since the difficulty is so high, I do exactly that.  The minor mood penalty to telling my colonists to shoot the wounded after a battle is far less than the time and resources wasted trying to recruit people.  Prisons only seem to have any use for selling slaves (which seems to carry a higher penalty than just killing them).
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Limdood

prison raises social skill more effectively than anything else. 

What i think would be more realistic than the 1% recruitment chance would be a slowly increasing chance...a prisoner staying in a cramped room for months with no hope of EVER being released not taking the one way out is NOT realistic.

The recruit chance should be cumulative as long as mood stays above 35%.  So try #1 would have a 99% failure rate, try #2 would have 98.01% (99% of 99%) and so on.

A try on someone with a 10% success chance would be 10%, then 19%, then 27.1%, etc. 

Or maybe recruit difficulty just goes down by 1 each day.  SOMETHING to make success EVENTUALLY happen.  With brainwashing and stockholm syndrome, it really would be inevitable.

zandadoum

it helps a lot to recruit those 99% guys, if your prison is impressive, the food is good and your warden highlvl

NuclearStudent

Quote from: Shurp on November 11, 2015, 09:19:54 PM
Seems like it should be a bit easier --

"Join us or I put a bullet in your head"

-- but since the difficulty is so high, I do exactly that.  The minor mood penalty to telling my colonists to shoot the wounded after a battle is far less than the time and resources wasted trying to recruit people.  Prisons only seem to have any use for selling slaves (which seems to carry a higher penalty than just killing them).

TBH, that sort of reasoning is why I probably wouldn't join your colony. Join or I'll be shot? What the fuck kind of place is this? Just kill me now and let it be over, because I'm not supporting bandit slaver/cannibals/psychopaths that murder people in cold blood,