[Mod Request] Weapon Degradation

Started by CruelBanana, June 15, 2017, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CruelBanana

Personally, I find it very unrealistic thet weapon, unlike clothes, don't get damage with usage. In real life guns/blades break all the time, and I would love to see this feature in the game. How fast should weapons loose durability is up to you, though I would recommend something like 1% per 10 hits/shots (meaning the actual attack, so that minigun wouldn't break after ten fights). This way it wouldn't destroy your weapons too fast (just not to make gameplay too tideous with constant weapon creation), but in the same time you would feel that you have to care about your weaponry. Thanks in advance if someone decides to do it.

rambo

If it degrades there must be a way to fix it for balance

jimthenoob

there was a mod in a16 whos name I cant remember this second, it added combat damage to things like melee weapons. so guy hacking at eachoher would break their weapons, and drop them when they got to a very low durability so they could be recycled/repaired.

as for things like guns I always just figured that while they were on their person they were just preforming all the basic maintenance and cleaning to keep the weapon from degrading to much. modern m16s in a clean environment can go  1000 rounds before issues, and guys aren't firing that many off a day.

CruelBanana

Well, sure, repairing could be a thing (like 1 component for 50% or the whole durability, idk), but at least for me it is not necessary, as you can always loot or craft another (seriously, in later game you get way too many weapons). As for maintenance, it would still just slow down the degradation, not stop it.  And something tells me that they don't have much time for maintaining the weapon. And, to be honest, I just like when gear in games breaks. Adds some value to it.