Request for help with the RimPy mod manager

Started by TC, November 27, 2020, 03:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

Can anyone help me with the RimPy mod manager? I get an error whenever I try to download any mod.

Until recently, I was able to download a few mods with RimPy, but it never worked properly. I had separate folders for Rimworld 1.1 and Rimworld 1.2, and that seemed to be confusing RimPy because it was downloading mods intended for Rimworld 1.2 into my Rimworld 1.1 folder. In an attempt to correct the situation, I deleted my Rimworld 1.1 folder, and now RimPy doesn't work at all. I get this message when I try to download anything:

QuoteAn issue occurred, some mods were not downloaded or updated. Press 'Show details' button for more information.
This mods were added to download list, press 'Download' button to try again.

I don't understand RimPy well enough to diagnose the problem. There is a debug.log file in the RimPy folder which says this:

Quote[1127/120745.824:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

I deleted all the RimPy program files and all the RimPy data files I could find in AppData, then I reinstalled and reconfigured RimPy. That didn't change anything; it still doesn't work.

Can anyone provide any advice?

TC

Never mind. I deleted and reinstalled SteamCMD, and somehow I got everything to work.

ruPal

It downloads mods to the local mods folder you specified in the upper block, where pathes are.
Yeah, SteamCMD may break sometimes, I still do not know why that happen.