[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzz1000

Quote from: magik20 on May 29, 2016, 11:36:22 AM
is there any way to have pawns self-equip the right ammo for the gun they are carrying?  I'm finding the amount of micro-management needed to make sure they have ammo a bit pain in the ass.
.I do not give them anything in direct way. You create loadout like -
pistol
60 HPammo( button near weapon for correct caliber) 
        or
bow
20 stone arrows
knife and simple  meal
And then assign these loadouts, like "sniper" or "knife"  to people. First time it's usually need to draft-undraft if you want to them to take things immediately and after that they try to keep amount of things by themself (put to storage things not needed and take things they lack)

At least this is how I manage it. It's a bit inconvenient at first and sometimes frustrating in emergency situations but I used to it and most of the time do not have problems with it.

By the way  - love this mod,  thanks for it.   Only somehow problem I see, if to call it like this, it's enemies do not care to much about  their friends when shooting and often kill each other, but do not think it can be solved. And quality of life feature request - global  loadout presets  -  save and load loadout and apparel preset selection for whole colony, something like df alarms but not realy

magik20

I'm having an issue loading my saved game, a lot of errors pointing at CR, is there something I can fix? 

I'm using the A13 modpack as well...

Modconfig and error log are here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9e_vz0fcMsfOUZueTl3d0pUNnM

knainoa

is anyone going to make a rimsenal patch? ive checked a few times in the rimsenal thread but it seems to be dead. even just a quick and dirty on e would be fine, or if somone could explain how i could do it  myself

Devon_v

Quote from: skullywag on May 12, 2016, 07:40:11 AM
CR will live on. Dont worry.
I thank you, and Tynan should thank you as well. This mod adds so much to the game that Rimworld would be greatly diminished were it not available for the Steam version.

joaonunes

Quote from: Devon_v on May 29, 2016, 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: skullywag on May 12, 2016, 07:40:11 AM
CR will live on. Dont worry.
I thank you, and Tynan should thank you as well. This mod adds so much to the game that Rimworld would be greatly diminished were it not available for the Steam version.

Yeah. This mod is easily the first mod I try to update because it adds features I consider to be vital, all other mods add "lesser" features or quality-of-life to the game, meaning no disrespect for the work of the other modders, please, dont take this wrong.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

jere8184

plz can someone give me the pros and cons of this mod
and what compatibility is like

joaonunes

Quote from: jere8184 on May 29, 2016, 08:41:25 PM
plz can someone give me the pros and cons of this mod
and what compatibility is like

Pros: new weapon system with bullets, reload and enhanced damage system.

Cons: same as pros, because now weapons have limited ammo (you need to craft/purchase more) and pawns die more easily.

Compatibility: there are patches for most weapons mods and mods that have compat issues with this mod, either on the CR thread or with a CR version on the other mods' pages, so that should not really be a problem.

For more info check the first page of this thread and take your own conclusions

Lupin III

I have started a new colony (and didn't change any mods since then). Now on the third or fourth raid, one of the raiders spawned with a sniper rifle (before that they only had hammers and axes) and I get an error. The raider has several "Loadout Generator" items in the inventory.
I did chnage one thing in the mod: I removed the "ammoSet" entries for all weapons in "Weapons_Guns.xml", because I find mirco-managing ammo quite annoying. This removed the need for ammo. If that is the reason for the error, is there another way to disable ammo?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Quote from: Lupin III on May 30, 2016, 09:59:34 AM
I did chnage one thing in the mod: I removed the "ammoSet" entries for all weapons in "Weapons_Guns.xml". If that is the reason for the error, is there another way to disable ammo?
This is clearly the reason for the error. What you actually want to do is change the definition of the gun so it doesn't require ammo. Check The laser guns of this mod. They do have reloading, but don't require ammo.
Randomly deleting stuff is never the solution.

crazybmanp

Has anyone reported an issue with Null and duplicate colonists, which causes the game to fail loading a map? (i'm sorry that i do not have the log right now,  but i can generate it again later tonight if it would help.)

magik20

Quote from: crazybmanp on May 30, 2016, 01:28:19 PM
Has anyone reported an issue with Null and duplicate colonists, which causes the game to fail loading a map? (i'm sorry that i do not have the log right now,  but i can generate it again later tonight if it would help.)

it appears that is what i might be suffering from

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg225131#msg225131

crazybmanp

Quote from: magik20 on May 30, 2016, 02:19:34 PM
Quote from: crazybmanp on May 30, 2016, 01:28:19 PM

it appears that is what i might be suffering from

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg225131#msg225131

Yea, seems like the same thing. has there been any progress on figuring out what is happening to cause this?

Lupin III

Quote from: Orion on May 30, 2016, 12:11:58 PM
Randomly deleting stuff is never the solution.
It wasn't random, it was an educated guess after reading about it somewhere  ;) (I'm not the only one who doesn't want to micro-manage ammo). And it worked for a bit.

That XML-file is the only place where the ammo for a gun is defined and none of the guns have an option set to not use ammo. Comparing with other mods doesn't help, because CR completely rewrites the weapon definitions including the new XML tags, not just values.

joaonunes

There is no need to micro manage at all... Get a loading table, set orders to build ammo up to 500 units in every ammo type you use (pick FMJ for average pen and damage, or whatever you prefer) and set loadouts with the menu people put so much effort into. Pawns will get more ammo whenever they are low and ammo will be crafted whenever its needed. The only micromanage I do is to select whuch weapon a pawn will have. Dont complicate things that are easy...

"Ohh there are so many ammo types, etc..." - set a loadout for that weapon and thats it!

"There is FMJ, AP, HP, dont want to micromanage that..." - pick one type! Is it a sniper? Get AP, is it a 9mm weapon? Get HP, AP would suck anyways in a 9mm... Not enough pen for harder targets. Sell all the other variants. (These are just examples!!! No need to start shooting)

"One weapon uses 9mm, another uses NATO 5mm, another NATO 7mm, no need to manage that!" - see both quotes above. Set a loadout and ammo orders for that weapon/ammo type and never look at it again, seriously.

I can start a colony and spend 5 mins to set up all the weapons in ALL the mods that add weapons and will NEVER look at it again.

"KISS", google it ;)

Lupin III

Quote from: joaonunes on May 30, 2016, 04:23:55 PM
Get a loading table, set orders to build ammo up to 500 units in every ammo type you use (pick FMJ for average pen and damage, or whatever you prefer) and set loadouts with the menu people put so much effort into.
Which menu are you talking about? I can't see any loadouts.