Genetic modification and leveling

Started by XeroJoy, December 16, 2014, 11:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeroJoy

I'd personally like to see genetic modification, similar to what we have with bionic arms. In addition, I'd like a leveling system that doesn't stop at 20, maybe up to 100, but past 20, the character is a master and is instead learning how to use and design machines that could affect your colonists physically. This would be the other 80 levels, and the machines could be obtained through 2 man research (i.e. a doctor does the research, but you can add your actual researcher to help speed it up). At the max level, doctors could modify other colonists to become a different species, regrow limbs, or even have customized genetic mods (I don't want to say bioshock...but similar) and in essence create new types of humans through the machines that are built.

Imagine an assassin with extra eyes or ears for better perception and aim, a sniper with fur growing out of their body (camouflage), or a brawler with a scarab-like exoskeleton to absorb more damage. In addition, different species would need different foods, and could survive at different temperatures and environments.

This wouldn't necessarily be very complex to code as an attribute system is already in place with bionic limbs, and injuries. Imagine something such as "fur" being a health attribute that lowers hit chance and detection chance(I know this isn't in the game yet, but possibly in the future), but also increases the user's vulnerability to fire (fire grows faster on this person), and hyperthermia (ideal temperature is lower than a normal human's). I believe that this would be a positive addition to the game.