Out of Memory Crash

Started by RulerBrendan, December 18, 2017, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RulerBrendan

So, I'll start this out by saying, yes, I do use mods. A good few of them, actually. For the most part, it's run pretty well, but I've found an extremely odd crash. Also, I hope this is the right place to put this...

So I was playing the other night when I noticed one of my characters had simply stopped moving. She was just standing there, literally. Her job was "Standing". For a while I could manually make her do stuff, but eventually that quit working. I run in dev mode most of the time for bug reasons, and earlier she had hit the limit on searching for something. So I reverted my save and changed up what I was doing and all seemed to go well until something crazy happened with her.

She was the main cook, but we either had no food to cook or she just refused to. Instead, she decided to clean up the area. It was fine and all, as I could easily send her to go cut stone. But when that became tiresome, I decided to change her work order so she would do it automatically. Boom, crash, out of memory. I get a crash log (that I'll put down later) saying about how I ran out of memory. I said okay, it's likely a mod, so I went through and cleaned out some that I hadn't been using. Not even bothering to test the old save, I created a new one.

With the power of Prepare Carefully and God mode, I essentially recreated my last state. I had even gone so far as to replace everyone's bionics and prosthetics. But as soon as I unpause the game, boom, crashes again for the same reason. Same person. I have my speculations as to why, it involves some of the girl's bodily upgrades, but it doesn't make any sense. So, I've come here for help as I'm too inept to figure out what this means or even if I'll be giving you the right information. This is a shorter version, removing a lot of what I recognize as useless junk. (Something about the Stack that is just a thousand random characters and a ton of different modules that have to do with what the game uses to run, I believe.)

So here's the error.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.6.3p1_9c92e827232b]

RimWorldWin.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module RimWorldWin.exe at 0023:01a8feb4.

Error occurred at 2017-12-18_195716.
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin.exe, run by Brendan.
95% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [345 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [87 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00000010  ESI: 0x00000000  EAX:   0x00000010
EBX:    0x020d4564  ECX: 0x7ffffffe  EDX:   0x05240073
EIP:    0x01a8feb4  EBP: 0x002ee524  SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010202  ESP: 0x002ee298  SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
80 38 00 74 05 40 85 c9 75 f5 2b 85 e0 fd ff ff

For whatever reason, it says I'm using 95% of 0 memory... what? Can anybody decipher what this means? And if necessary, I can tell you the mods I believe are involved and even what items.

Thank you!
If you're ever feeling down. If you ever think all is lost. If you ever need something to help you succeed. Remember: Potato.

Calahan

Can you please post your log file (as an attachment) from when after the crash occurred. Note that if you have restarted the game since then the log file will have been overwritten so won't be any use in determining the cause of the crash (in which case, and should it happen again, wait until the next crash and then post the log file generated from that crash).

Details on where to find you log file can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Also moving this to mod bugs as it is very likely the cause of this is just using too many mods (and the game then not having enough memory left for when something happens that requires additional memory usage). Plus the support section is primarily for users having trouble getting the vanilla game to work.

RulerBrendan

Ah, yes, I can do that. I wasn't sure what all you would need. I picked error instead of output log. And thanks for moving this. Like I said, I wasn't quite sure where to put this. Don't use forums too often.

Okay, so, problem. The file is 762 kb and the max limit for the forum is 600. Pastebin is even smaller without paying. So what I'm going to do is split it in half and post two replies. If there's a better way for future reference, please let me know!

Part 1:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
If you're ever feeling down. If you ever think all is lost. If you ever need something to help you succeed. Remember: Potato.

RulerBrendan

And here's Part 2:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]