Oddest Raid Yet

Started by Nasikabatrachus, February 15, 2014, 05:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

At 244 days into the life of Suttu, I thought Cleopatra was out of surprises for me. Then this happened:

The notification took me to the usual Giant Raider Ball Of Death up in the left corner; imagine my shock when I zoomed out to see that there were other raiders scattered all over the map, and that they had spotted the colony and were beginning their attack early. Note the entrance in the lower right corner: that was sealed almost immediately. Cleo's next surprise follows:

Somehow, Chrisâ€"an assassin, appropriately enoughâ€" got into the mountain itself and started taking potshots at my mans from the hydroponics section.

Feature? Bug? I don't know. I just know it was fun, and I wish Chris had been able to cause more trouble.

So, has anyone else seen a raid like that? This was a unique event for me. I assumed at the time that Cleopatra was punishing me for having taken out most of the prior raid with some very well-placed blasting charges.

RedStorm58

That happened to me. Twice. And each time i died. But the factor that lead to the death of those colonies was my noobieness, and that the base was not underground.
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

Ender

sooooo did ya live, it looks as if it might be possible to live if they grouped up just right and you had enough mines
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: Ender on February 15, 2014, 10:18:47 PM
sooooo did ya live, it looks as if it might be possible to live if they grouped up just right and you had enough mines

No blasting charges were necessary. The raiders give up after a while if the walls are thick enough to keep them out for long enough.

Coenmcj

Didn't realize the vault tactic actually worked. I thought they'd keep melting through that wall until they're inside.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ender

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 16, 2014, 03:48:57 PM
Didn't realize the vault tactic actually worked. I thought they'd keep melting through that wall until they're inside.

ya me to, i might have to try that as a final ditch effort with my non combatants if things get bad and battle lines are failing.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

sparda666

this might happen if you have your base inside the caves and you tunnel all the way to the edge of the map. I notice a lot of squirrels and boomrats spawning in my base when I tunnel to the edge. I think when you do that it considers your base "outdoors" at least in terms of spawning mobs