[Art Request] Firefly-class Transport Ship

Started by Edixo, May 03, 2017, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edixo

Greetings, whomever clicked this topic.

As some of you are probably aware, Cpt.Ohu has been making a rather awesome dropship mod. He's also accepting ship designs. Now, fitting with some of the inspiration that Rimworld has drawn from, it would be great to have your very own Serenity.

Sadly, I can't graphix worth shite. Therefore, I humbly beg for one of you Photoshop Masters to create a Firefly-class skin for this mod for Cpt.Ohu to consider adding.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

AngleWyrm

Something that might help in this department is an understanding of the scale implemented in Capt. Ohu's dropship mod.

What size of canvas is available/recommended for this?

Edit: the grid of tiles shows the two sizes of canvas used for the Dropship and Valkyrie, to give a sense of scale. Dropship is the light blue, and Valkyrie is all the colored tiles.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Cpt.Ohu

Generally, think in tiles. One tile ingame should take 64x64 px. The dropship from the base mod is 512x256 px, with a drawing mesh of 9x5 tiles to make it a bit bigger. The Valkyrie with its protruding wings is 512x512 on a 9x9 tile mesh.

Basically,  think about how many tiles your spaceships body should take up, how many tiles wide the wings should be, and calculate the corresponding canvas size from that. With setting drawing sizes there's also some leeway for small deviations.

AngleWyrm

Firefly reference image, rotated and scaled to 8x5 tiles, at 64 pixels/tile
Can be loaded as a background for working on art adaptation

Could also be distorted and/or scaled a little bit to fit into an 7x5 tile space if desired.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Raizen

Is this ok?

Edit: Just put them in the texture and delete the "(ActuallyFireFly)". I have scaled em using OHUDropShip size.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DariusWolfe

That's pretty great looking.

Possible quibble: your shadow seems reversed from your ship model?

Raizen

Edixo

Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Cpt.Ohu

Looks fantastic. With your permission I'd put together some additional Defs and make a ship module out of this with adjusted values and descriptions. It'll then be posted in the thread with proper credit.

Raizen