[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Yaar! Pirates, yar aren't pirates without ships, yaarr! They are landlubbers! YAARR!!!

:O

I'm Planetologist now! YAAAARRRRR!!!!! ;D

Shinzy

Quote from: Adamiks on June 17, 2015, 06:57:09 AM
Yaar! Pirates, yar aren't pirates without ships, yaarr! They are landlubbers! YAARR!!!

But they are landlubbers with SCURVY!
non-scurvied landlubbers wouldn't understand

Adamiks

It's all landlubbers talking! Ships needs pirates, pirates needs ships and rums! Yarrr!!!

Shinzy

Quote from: Adamiks on June 17, 2015, 07:01:32 AM
It's all landlubbers talking! Ships needs pirates, pirates needs ships and rums! Yarrr!!!
but.. but.. they have piratey names and collectable sea shanty lyrics
that's gotta account for something

Adamiks

Quote from: Shinzy on June 17, 2015, 07:06:28 AM
but.. but.. they have piratey names and collectable sea shanty lyrics
that's gotta account for something

Ok, boy! I can live with pirates without.... Tfu! Ships! But rum! Make rum, everyone will be happy! Go to work you scumb! Kidnap Tynan if you need! Yaaarrrr!

Beathrus

...I can't get it because MediaFire won't let me. Keeps asking me to repair download, its prolly my net. But just in case, is there a Dropbox link I can use? x.x

Edit: Woo, Got someone to snag the file and put it on Dropbox.

demacrex

But Pirates have a haven port kinda thing? like a place they can drop anchor and go to land where people don't hate them so you have pirate towns, least in the movies and most games.
Will some have eye patches and peg legs by default? :) hahaha
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

Shinzy

Quote from: Beathrus on June 17, 2015, 09:54:45 AM
...I can't get it because MediaFire won't let me. Keeps asking me to repair download, its prolly my net. But just in case, is there a Dropbox link I can use? x.x

Edit: Woo, Got someone to snag the file and put it on Dropbox.

Ohh! glad you got it downloaded! ;D (Sorry I was aging up a year yesterday! I wasn't checking the forum as often as usual)

@Demacrex! no they don't =P I didn't want to gimp them with extreme limb loss
some of them will have peg legs about as often as normal raiders too but that's it!

demacrex

Quote from: Shinzy on June 18, 2015, 04:58:24 AM

@Demacrex! no they don't =P I didn't want to gimp them with extreme limb loss
some of them will have peg legs about as often as normal raiders too but that's it!
*turns* "Nurse prep the OR for surgery, we have peg legs, eye patches and hooks to install"
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oxidus

Can you add some function to become the Faction?Like Vikings will have some perks and special buildings + weapons and armor or clothes and skins.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Shinzy

Quote from: Oxidus on June 18, 2015, 10:34:20 AM
Can you add some function to become the Faction?Like Vikings will have some perks and special buildings + weapons and armor or clothes and skins.

I wouldn't know how to do something like this, I'm sorry! ;D
Also @Skully, Thank you!

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on June 18, 2015, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: Oxidus on June 18, 2015, 10:34:20 AM

I wouldn't know how to do something like this, I'm sorry! ;D
Also @Skully, Thank you!

I think for the next faction you should do 'Nobles' which are medieval based, knights in armor, slaves/serfs, etc.

Also, is it possible to add 'Racial' buffs? Or a common trait to your factions? Like for Norbals, they are all cold tolerant or something; Just add some more uniqueness to them, I mean with the 'Ice Sheet' Biome, Norbals would be perfect.

Shinzy

Quote from: Beathrus on June 18, 2015, 12:17:42 PMI think for the next faction you should do 'Nobles' which are medieval based, knights in armor, slaves/serfs, etc.

Also, is it possible to add 'Racial' buffs? Or a common trait to your factions? Like for Norbals, they are all cold tolerant or something; Just add some more uniqueness to them, I mean with the 'Ice Sheet' Biome, Norbals would be perfect.

the next few factions I've thought about making are all more futuristic
there's very small changes I can make to a faction racial wise =P basically just adjust their climate tolerance and health and give them unique prosthetics
so I cannot do any codewizardry with any of my factions, you'd need a real modder ;D

Beathrus

Ah, Okay. Well, It was worth asking about. xP