Art of Leisure and Character Personalization

Started by johntiger, May 14, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johntiger

I felt unfulfilling as I watch colonists idle without any necessity to expand the base further until next raider attack. So I thought up a new suggestion of their way to spend their free time. Give them luxury of personalizing their assigned room. For instance, pick up a stone that felt special to them and place it on souvenir table or post their own preferred pictures on their wall or weave their own bedsheet for positive homely thought that last a day. Anything to make them relate the colony as a home. If he or she got passion for machine, his or her room room would be practically full of machinery parts with which he or she would tinker and discover new stuffs or improvements in their spare time. I suggest using Art for this sort of thing.

Geeves

Do not worry, a lot of changes are coming and they will directly impact your colonists and their idle time.
Alternatively, you can order them to do something useful instead of watching them idle. After all you are their commander, you command they obey.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

yeah, Tynan is doing a fantastic job on Rimworld and leading it the right way, the only thing needed is patience
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

johntiger

My thoughts spawn during gameplays. I skimmed forum and haven't seen anything like this idea so I thought it's better to post it than keep it silent forever. I intend this idea to make colonists more human-like than NPC pawns. It's very enjoyable watching your NPC taking actions without your command (something I got from The Sims games). Most of ideas I have seen here are more about gameplays than about making colonists more humane.