Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vomov

Cheap idea; control over where visitors go. On my latest playthrough, I've got a castle-like construction in the middle of the map, and visitors aggregate around the outside wall, preferably as far away from the courtyard as possible. Something with zones, or something similar to the party-spot, please.

Jonofwrath

Quote from: charkesd on May 25, 2016, 09:20:17 PM
menu that lets you enable/disable forbidden for all items on the map

could even be exactly like allowed menu for storage zones.

+1

I would love this so that my pawns just go and grab eggs and don't need me to micro-manage egg-collection - eggs all start off as not-allowed.

b0rsuk

Cats and felines in general should be nocturnal predators. Animal world equivalent of Night Owl. They should sleep during day and become active at night.

Justas love

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 26, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
Cats and felines in general should be nocturnal predators. Animal world equivalent of Night Owl. They should sleep during day and become active at night.
Yep, this is a must for A14

+1

Jonofwrath

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 26, 2016, 01:46:51 PM

+1

charkesd

Quote from: Jonofwrath on May 26, 2016, 07:16:33 AM

+1

I would love this so that my pawns just go and grab eggs and don't need me to micro-manage egg-collection - eggs all start off as not-allowed.
if the eggs are dropped in a home zone they are unmarked, as well as most items except for weapons i think

Jonofwrath

Quote from: charkesd on May 26, 2016, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: Jonofwrath on May 26, 2016, 07:16:33 AM

+1

if the eggs are dropped in a home zone they are unmarked, as well as most items except for weapons i think

Oooooooooooooooh. K.

The reason one might not want their farmyard area in the 'home' area is cleaning. Home areas get cleaned. It might be an idea to be able to change that - a 'don't clean' area like the 'don't roof' area perhaps?

i still think a 'clean area' would be very handy too - draw out areas with various importance to clean as a priority. Only areas designated to clean get cleaned if you un-tick just clean areas designated as 'home'.

Justas love

I'm pretty sure you can make that allowed zone all over the map  and steal every prey from the predators. Will be hard to implement to counter this i think

giannikampa

In the work tab: allow sorting of the colonists when clicking on a skill. this order will be in other tabs too.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

giannikampa

Installing and Repairing bionic parts consumes components.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Songleaves

Domestic cats are usually crepuscular, although we may just want to keep their sleep schedules aligned with the colonists so they can interact with them more.

I think when furniture is produced that contains an "art" description, a beauty buff should be added to the furniture.

blub01

"petting" joy activity. also, implementing relationships between colonists and animals, which determine how well the animals follow orders. petting would increase this relationship, as would nuzzling and simply doing stuff together.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Jonofwrath

Friendly fire - have pawns choose enemies that don't have friendlies in the way.

vishdafish

Grizzly bears should have higher damage

hwfanatic

- If a prisoner has much better social skill than the warden, he/she should have a small chance to recruit the warden instead and attempt to break out with his help.

- If a pawn's health reaches a certain threshold, then he/she gets rescued and starts healing successfully, he/she should get a temporary mood boost called "Lucky to be alive"