Event Difficulty determined by Total Pop or Colony's Pop?

Started by MikeLemmer, December 21, 2016, 08:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

If you have multiple colonies, is the event difficulty for each colony determined by the total population of all your colonies? Or just the population of that particular colony?

tonsrd

MikeLemmer

Quote from: tonsrd on December 21, 2016, 08:54:42 PM
wealth + time + pop = event size

That doesn't help me. I'm asking what determines those variables when you have multiple colonies in A16. Is it calculated different for each individual colony? Or does it take the sum total of all of them? If I have a colony of 3 people and a colony of 9 people, does it treat both of them as having 12 people?

Mekhet

Somebody earlier stated (can´t remember the context) that the first thing you should build after moving to a new spot with part of your survivors is defensive measures because the same raid sizes would hit the new colony. Considering this statement i would assume it´s a flat sum of all colonies. Didn´t verify it myself tho

Sinosauropteryx

I have tested this somewhat by settling mining outposts that remain unmanned for long periods. In my experience an unmanned settlement will spawn low-level raids only, regardless of my total colonist count or wealth of other settlements.
Whole body          RimWorld addiction