[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

I love this mod i hope alpha 10 update is coming soon :D

Havan_IronOak

I recently updated to release A10 and find that this is one of the mods I miss the most!

Sadler

v04a : Alpha 10 support!

Ninefinger

Kaballah

Fabulous, this is such a great mod and I've really missed having it.  Thanks for the update!

LordShotGun

I saw this on the release page and literally said "F*** Yes" out loud.

Havan_IronOak

Love this mod!
And I have one small complaint, but first a joke...

A Jewish Grandmother is walking the beach of Coney Island with her grandson when a HUGE wave comes and washes the kid out to sea.
Grandma is verklempt! Falls to her knees and prays to God for the kids return. She swears that she's always been a complainer but will stop now. She's seen the error of her way. She' should be grateful for all her small blessings. She's even grateful that God has taken her the time to teach her this lesson, if ONLY he'll return her beloved grandson.

Another huge wave crashes against the beach and when it recedes, there is her beloved bubeluh, not only unharmed but still dry!
Grandma clasps her hands and praises God but can't help adding... "But he had a hat!"

Love your mod. But it is a bit confusing in its nomenclature. You call it Pawn State Icons in your release. The folder when extracted is just called Icons, and in EdB's mod order list it appears as RimWorld PSI v04a. I know that consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds but in your next release could you make the names consistent for those of us with small minds?

Thanks again for a great mod!

Sadler

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 22, 2015, 10:24:05 AMI know that consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds but in your next release could you make the names consistent for those of us with small minds?
Ok, if it's important for you, I'll rename that folder and in-game description :D

Havan_IronOak

Thanks!  It does make things simpler...for those of us that are!

RickyMartini

I've always enjoyed this mod but never said thanks. So..... thanks thanks thanks, one of my favorite mods. :D

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

booOfBorg

Tried to use it with the new EDB Interface for A10, version 2.7.1. The icons don't show up on the overview of colonists on the top. Known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Update:
Oh and yes, please use consistent (folder) naming for this mod and don't use a nested folder (currently called "Icons") for the files. Every other mod I've seen you just unzip, and copy/move the contents of the created folder.

With EDB Interface it would be awesome if the icons only show up on the overview, IMO. Is this doable?

Sadler

Quote from: booOfBorg on April 25, 2015, 12:00:17 PM
Tried to use it with the new EDB Interface for A10, version 2.7.1. The icons don't show up on the overview of colonists on the top. Known issue or am I doing something wrong? With EDB Interface it would be awesome if the icons only show up on the overview, IMO. Is this doable?
It's not an issue. EdB Interface isn't expandable by design, I can't replace the ColonistBar or ColonistBarRenderer or do anything else to achieve the same goals. It simply has no public API, so I even cannot get the position of the colonist bar slots to draw my icons.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Sadler on April 25, 2015, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: booOfBorg on April 25, 2015, 12:00:17 PM
Tried to use it with the new EDB Interface for A10, version 2.7.1. The icons don't show up on the overview of colonists on the top. Known issue or am I doing something wrong? With EDB Interface it would be awesome if the icons only show up on the overview, IMO. Is this doable?
It's not an issue. EdB Interface isn't expandable by design, I can't replace the ColonistBar or ColonistBarRenderer or do anything else to achieve the same goals. It simply has no public API, so I even cannot get the position of the colonist bar slots to draw my icons.
Personally i love the way your mod works exactly as it is, i wouldnt change it for the world :D

Adamiks