Our Rimworld Stories!

Started by Korimito, June 20, 2014, 10:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korimito

Hi!

I am typing this on my dying iPhone while I am being ill on a work toilet. Please don't mind my briefness...

Rim world is very much about telling a story - we all know this. Sometimes, though, our rim world stories are hard to remember. My proposition is this;

An automated log of major events on chronological order (blights, raiders, starvation, prisoners) that is accessible throughout your play through and at the end of your game.

Example:

Day 60: 8 <<well equipped>> <<pirates>> raid from the <<south west>>. <<Vas (oaf)>> is the day's hero as he takes down <<3>>. <<Frank>> dies of a <<shotgun>> wound.

Will be offering more after wok!

Cheers,
Wayne

milon

That's pretty cool. I'd love a feature like that.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Korimito on June 20, 2014, 10:26:44 AM
Hi!

I am typing this on my dying iPhone while I am being ill on a work toilet. Please don't mind my briefness...

Rim world is very much about telling a story - we all know this. Sometimes, though, our rim world stories are hard to remember. My proposition is this;

An automated log of major events on chronological order (blights, raiders, starvation, prisoners) that is accessible throughout your play through and at the end of your game.

Example:

Day 60: 8 <<well equipped>> <<pirates>> raid from the <<south west>>. <<Vas (oaf)>> is the day's hero as he takes down <<3>>. <<Frank>> dies of a <<shotgun>> wound.

Will be offering more after wok!

Cheers,
Wayne

I belive a sort of "history" screen is planned.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Coenmcj

Indeed, I'm fairly sure that the little info screen in the overview menu is getting expanded. (But don't quote me on that)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

This is an as-yet unannounced feature in Alpha 5 :D

We keep logs of events as well as graphs of weath, mood, and population.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

So, it IS going to be a Dwarf Fortress-like history?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Untrustedlife

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 23, 2014, 01:18:45 AM
So, it IS going to be a Dwarf Fortress-like history?

Yep :)

I belive that is the plan.

I believe historical figures are a planned-thing as-well (people who were kidnapped would, for example come back as a raider)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

StorymasterQ

Will the historical logs be detailed enough for an instant replay of the colony from start to finish?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Tynan

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 23, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Will the historical logs be detailed enough for an instant replay of the colony from start to finish?

No.

The history as yet records graphs of some key quantities, and records of certain events. It doesn't give a full replay and doesn't do "historical figures" - though this may appear later.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Alright, so if I were to rephrase, "Will the historical logs ever be detailed enough..." would the answer change to Yes?

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Tynan on June 23, 2014, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 23, 2014, 08:58:57 PM

No.

The history as yet records graphs of some key quantities, and records of certain events. It doesn't give a full replay and doesn't do "historical figures" - though this may appear later.

I thought this was supposed to appear later (You mentioned it once or twice (the hist figs)).
(nothing more then that)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK