[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Surgery Mod

Started by CrazehMeow, October 03, 2014, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conrad812

i'll take that as a "maybe" to robo mandibles.
i don't know anything about coding, i'm just here to download mods.

CrazehMeow

Quote from: conrad812 on October 04, 2014, 12:46:31 PM

i'll take that as a "maybe" to robo mandibles.

Whoops, sorry! Actually I wanted to say "maybe" to complete robot parts. However, I really want a prosthetic to improve talking and eating so something along the line of denture is definetely going to be in.

Very probably robo mandibles. :)

conrad812

Quote from: CrazehMeow on October 04, 2014, 02:21:54 PM

Whoops, sorry! Actually I wanted to say "maybe" to complete robot parts. However, I really want a prosthetic to improve talking and eating so something along the line of denture is definetely going to be in.

Very probably robo mandibles. :)
awesome, cant wait for this mod to get a bunch more features!
i don't know anything about coding, i'm just here to download mods.

InventorRaccoon

Here's something very simple: Bionic shoulders.

Chaplain

So I tried to post an ad for a series of weaponized implants but the forum says I don't have access.  The only words that might legitimately be tripping it up is the full word for condo and a word that might have a creed (I remember a forum whose filter liked to say "thingy-pit" instead of the word for where you sit when you fly a plane).  Other than that the words Edward Scissorshands, Glockinator, ED-209, Flak, and the words Sandler, Jim, Adam, and Carrey in a particular order.

It also had a pyramid of water skiing swimsuit models jumping over an exploding oil tanker as a rocket powered unicorn pegasus crapping rainbows flew over with Benjamin Franklin driving it while George Washington manned the turret against a squadron of mecha-Hitler/Stalin Hybrids.

Quite simply you had to be there since the forum can't handle my post's awesomeness.

Oh and I guess I'm suggesting implants that add weapon capabilities without equipping the weapon but also reduce worker functionality.  Like knife or gun hands.

smitj045

Quote from: Chaplain on October 04, 2014, 03:43:05 PM
So I tried to post an ad for a series of weaponized implants but the forum says I don't have access.  The only words that might legitimately be tripping it up is the full word for condo and a word that might have a creed (I remember a forum whose filter liked to say "thingy-pit" instead of the word for where you sit when you fly a plane).  Other than that the words Edward Scissorshands, Glockinator, ED-209, Flak, and the words Sandler, Jim, Adam, and Carrey in a particular order.

It also had a pyramid of water skiing swimsuit models jumping over an exploding oil tanker as a rocket powered unicorn pegasus crapping rainbows flew over with Benjamin Franklin driving it while George Washington manned the turret against a squadron of mecha-Hitler/Stalin Hybrids.

Quite simply you had to be there since the forum can't handle my post's awesomeness.

Oh and I guess I'm suggesting implants that add weapon capabilities without equipping the weapon but also reduce worker functionality.  Like knife or gun hands.

Knife hands are easy enough, they already have claw hands after all. Gun hands would be a lot more difficult. It would probably have to permanently replace their firearm.

pollgg12

We need more surgery's scyther related like brain transplants in to a scyther body or more scyther parts being added like senors and the "charge lance arm hand gun thing"

I don't know how long that would take but so many suggestions
Some people call it cannibalism i call it recycling

augusto

a good idea to is for you to be able to re animate a body using mechanical implants

pollgg12

Not sure how he would go about doing that. it would need to be really expensive or they would die after a day

augusto

true but in the but as you find all the money and the parts you can have him on machines keeping him alive if he is important

Funkmachine7

Quote from: pollgg12 on October 04, 2014, 07:07:04 PM
Not sure how he would go about doing that. it would need to be really expensive or they would die after a day
The mechanics are shown here, Miscellaneous w MAI.
Just use MAI source code thats what it's for :)

Reanimating should need a few fresh organs and a variable number of mechanical implants.
use more of the expensive mechanical implants and the Frankenstein is stronger I.e. plasteel plating adds to there health.

pollgg12

I still think uploading your brain in to a scyther is cooler not sure how hard that would be.
-Change texture
-Buffs IE. hand knife (which is all ready in the game) and all the other bionic buffs
-Some sort of down side (Killing said scythers are hard enough so maybe we don't need this)
But then again im not smert with coding so i dont know how hard that would all be

smitj045

Quote from: pollgg12 on October 04, 2014, 09:11:17 PM
I still think uploading your brain in to a scyther is cooler not sure how hard that would be.
-Change texture
-Buffs IE. hand knife (which is all ready in the game) and all the other bionic buffs
-Some sort of down side (Killing said scythers are hard enough so maybe we don't need this)
But then again im not smert with coding so i dont know how hard that would all be

Maybe use the harvesting function? Remove the brain then use something similar to the MAI to make a bill on dead scythers to implant the brain. The biggest problem I think might be taking the damage the scyther's taken into account.

Edit: While I'm mentioning harvesting, does anyone else think it's weird/annoying that you can't harvest organs from fresh bodies? I mean you can harvest organs from recently deceased people in real life so it's not like it doesn't make sense.

pollgg12

I think your looking at it the wrong way your not actually putting the brain in the scyther (i don't know if that's what you meant) your just changing the texture of the colonist and buffing him so every or most stats are enhanced and adding the knife protrusion

And we all ready had a spaz about that organ thing here > http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6532.msg63659#msg63659

Girlinhat

Is it possible to make a cybernetic part that causes colonists to no longer become tired, hungry, and/or upset?