[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldrais

this is sad i really want this mod in my next game i want the awesome firepower of thoes Turrets and cannons special the heavy ship guns

eatKenny

i hope i can find some time this weekend to update this mod.

Master Bucketsmith

Hey man. Four days ago I sent you a PM, but I guess you never saw it. ;D
Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on updating your spotlight turret from an old A9 version of your turret collection.
In your OP of this thread I see you released the A13 version of your mod under the Share-Alike license.
If it's okay with you, could I publish the spotlight mod as a standalone mod once I've completed it? I'll credit you, naturally.
Otherwise, I'm only using it for myself. :)

eatKenny

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 12, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
Hey man. Four days ago I sent you a PM, but I guess you never saw it. ;D
Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on updating your spotlight turret from an old A9 version of your turret collection.
In your OP of this thread I see you released the A13 version of your mod under the Share-Alike license.
If it's okay with you, could I publish the spotlight mod as a standalone mod once I've completed it? I'll credit you, naturally.
Otherwise, I'm only using it for myself. :)

sorry i was at work and forgot to reply.

you can release it as a standalone mod, no problem.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: eatKenny on August 12, 2016, 01:17:53 PM
That's fantastic, thank you!
Do you remember if any important part of the spotlights function is in your C# assembly file?
Because I don't know C# and I think some errors are pointing to your assembly file. :(

eatKenny

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 12, 2016, 01:24:30 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on August 12, 2016, 01:17:53 PM
That's fantastic, thank you!
Do you remember if any important part of the spotlights function is in your C# assembly file?
Because I don't know C# and I think some errors are pointing to your assembly file. :(

spotlight requires some C# coding, i can only provide the orignal code from earlier Alpha(see attachtment).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: eatKenny on August 12, 2016, 02:58:17 PM
spotlight requires some C# coding, i can only provide the orignal code from earlier Alpha(see attachtment).
Thank you. I'll have a look around to see if I can get this working of find someone who can.

Master Bucketsmith

Well, I got it all working, somewhat.
I thought I remembered that in the old mod, the thing would go on and stay on until you either made it target something else or the target dies. Or the guy manning the turret dies. Or the target goes outta range. :P
Point is, it would stay on and the light effect would follow the target? That's how I remember it.

Problem I'm having now is it's either got a static area it lights up, and a 40 second cooldown that I can't find anywhere - OR it becomes a rapid fire performance issue that fires the static area continiously. :-\

eatKenny

eatKenny

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 13, 2016, 07:30:43 AM
Well, I got it all working, somewhat.
I thought I remembered that in the old mod, the thing would go on and stay on until you either made it target something else or the target dies. Or the guy manning the turret dies. Or the target goes outta range. :P
Point is, it would stay on and the light effect would follow the target? That's how I remember it.

Problem I'm having now is it's either got a static area it lights up, and a 40 second cooldown that I can't find anywhere - OR it becomes a rapid fire performance issue that fires the static area continiously. :-\

this is how it works before:
spotlight fires and invisible bullet to an area which creates an invisible "sunlamp", this sunlamp will disappear after like 30s, and the cold down time for the spotlight is also 30s.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: eatKenny on August 13, 2016, 02:11:21 PM
spotlight fires and invisible bullet to an area which creates an invisible "sunlamp", this sunlamp will disappear after like 30s, and the cold down time for the spotlight is also 30s.
Okay so it never moved with the target, it never had continuous fire? Hmm.
Well, thanks for the info. :)

eldiabs

kaptain_kavern

Haha that's clever

eatKenny

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 13, 2016, 02:49:34 PM

Haha that's clever

really, i think its stupid, i wish the spotlight will follow the nearst enemy till he dies.

Goldini50

Can anyone tell me how I can get these turrets ? I have unlocked them via research but if I try to craft them it says (f.e. I need a M2 MAchine Gun)
Do I can get them only via trading ? Because I had many traders but all of them offered only the vanilla rimworld stuff .

Thx for your response ;)