Medicine for Prisoners.

Started by ctgill, January 13, 2015, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctgill

Simply stated, a setting instead of "Prisoners get medicine" allow the choice between herbal or the good stuff.

Many times my colonists have needed a replacement for missing limbs after an accident of some kind and the good meds are gone spent on prisoners who may not be worth the investment haha

Food as well would be a thought, allow what sort of meals they get so I can give them the cooked cannibalism meals while saving my muffalo supplies for those who's mental status matters a bit more.   ;D
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".

Agalyon

This isn't super related to your topic, (and you're right, it is a good idea. being able to differentiate between medicine quality would be good for everyone, not just prisoners. Food too.) but I find that its often not a really huge deal if people receive the poor quality treatment that often comes with the herbal medicine. It doesn't seem to have extreme consequences, and a good doctor will make plenty of good treatments regardless of the type of medicine. I generally leave all my blue medicine on restricted unless I really want to use it.

Kaelent

Agreed. Also treatment that automatically succeed such as infections or illness doesn't seem to have a downside to using herbal medicine over regular medicine. The current workaround of forbidding the good stuff to force them to use the lesser goods is cumbersome.

Example:
Forbid Medicine to force Herbal Medicine, but prevents operations or medical bed crafting.
Forbid Lavish Meals to force use of Survival Packs or Fine Meals
Forbid Survival Packs to force use of Fine Meal (damnit! Save them for emergencies since they don't rot!)
Forbid Fine Meals to force simple meals.

On a related note, I don't want to be wasting Lavish Meals or Survival packs on Prisoners either. Would be nice to set a meal menu so wardens feed prisoners lesser meals and save the good stuff for my colonists. Consider it an incentive to join.