are there any easy ways of getting a.i persona cores?

Started by noahdaorkyboy, November 08, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahdaorkyboy

im playing with the turret collection mod and almost all the turrets use a.i persona cores to build. i was wondering if there was a way of getting persona cores without waiting for ship parts, cheating, or buying them for a fortunes. if could, please, help.

Weyrling

eatKenny

hi i'm the auther of the mod

thing is, you dont have to build all those advanced turrets in short time, the question is CHOICE, which one do you need, or which one do you need first. the choice depends on your defense, if you don't have a lot of mortar, then you need rocket laucher or howitzer first, if you have trouble at frontline defending, then you chose AM turret or cannon. it's my concept behind the mod ;)

Halinder

Jeeze. Using AI persona cores in turrets. Hope they at least drop when it goes down, because those things cost thousands of silver with regards to traders.

eatKenny

Quote from: Halinder on November 08, 2014, 05:42:15 PM
Jeeze. Using AI persona cores in turrets. Hope they at least drop when it goes down, because those things cost thousands of silver with regards to traders.

no the AI core will be destoryed when the turret explode. but they are high-end turret, have a lot of HP, and since they are very rare and powerful they should be well protected.

and here is the mod if you are interested:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6895.0

Halinder

Looking at it, well, needing AI cores AND having to man turrets, not to mention having to defend your own defense, doesn't seem particularly balanced.

Anyways, yeah, on topic, AI cores can only be gotten from ship parts and exotic traders. As for the ship parts, try setting up temporary solars around it with turrets connected, attack the ship, let the temp-defense destroy or damage the mechanoids then clean up. 5 colonists with melee items can take out a scyther with no damage if you ambush them, so it might also be a good idea to build a bunch of thin corridors around the ship part.