Tribes technology ideas

Started by Greed_GorAshaar, July 21, 2016, 10:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greed_GorAshaar

As a man who appreciate realism in games and game rimworld, which I personally watch on youtube through the players, I have a few ideas for additional items, structures and technologies involving specific historical era, which is a reference to the tribes themselves.

For example, people from the Stone Age as the name suggests performed tools, such as. Ax, hitting a stone with a stone to get a form suitable for cutting wood, the following fragment of rock was given to the stick or it be provided to give a makeshift ax ... so why not start the research process of primary processing of stone and give you at the beginning of one ax stolen from the abandoned tribe.

The ancients did not build whole walls of wood, often huts of sticks and plaits. So all the wooden walls are a little too rapid design, the walls appeared as progress is understandable, but it certainly will not be anything of what started the construction of houses.

Early humans instead of leather wearing fur and bones. Possibility pelting is also progress.

As a creator, I created several custom characters to play Don't Starve Together, so if interested in my idea, I can do graphic elements mentioned. Stone Age is just an example, which I wanted to see if you are at all interested in the subject. I have many ideas, which I gladly share.

sorry for my English, I do not use it too often.

Mrred1

It's a good idea but it sounds a little micro-managy or RimWorld. The goal isn't to be as realistic as possible to real life, but to start a colony and survive incidents. The concept makes sense, but I think it would just be one more thing that may annoy the player in the beginning of a game.
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

SpaceDorf

Weeeelll actually I disagree.

I don't think it is to much micromanagement.
I think this would be basic technologies that could distinguish the spacer colony from a tribal colony.

Short excurse to touch the topic of walls : permanent housing depends on the ability to farm and store food, stone age or more accurate nomadic tribes need to have "houses" the can take with them to follow the food.
So in gameplay Terms, we can't have nomadic tribes wandering the map. So farming and permanent housing is a given.

Buuuut : Low Tech and  Basic Survival Technologies are things that should be ingrained into Tribal culture. Leatherworking,
Makeshift Tools from Rock, Low Tech Weapons and Food Preservation are all things the Spacers would have to relearn.
Building Solar panels any day but making a working bow from wood, bone and the sinews of a cow .. no way :)

The start is allready here. And in my oppinion Pemmican and the Torch are the best additions to Rimworld ever.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Mrred1

I guess I agree. Would be neat
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Boston

Tools are already abstracted in-game. The colonists aren't mining rock and cutting down trees by hitting them with their fists. They have tools.

I would like to see various workstations along the lines of the simple "crafting station", that little brown square on the ground that lets colonists craft shivs, clubs and shortbows. Add one for working leather, add one for working cloth (neolithic peoples had wool and linen), add one for working stone (allow the crafting of spears, knives, handaxes {tomahawks, same stats as gladius}, shields {the primary piece of defensive equipment for thousands, of years, pretty easy to make and effective}, etc)

Wex

You should be able to build teepees with animal leather.
For people to sleep in.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

b0rsuk

Tynan doesn't really wants this, he uses the same argumentation that is used to shoot down non-linear games: that he doesn't want to develop two games in parallel, if player will only see one anyway.