Strange Characters in SMF Breadcrumbs

Started by OobleckTheGreen, February 12, 2014, 11:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OobleckTheGreen

Not sure where to post this, as it's related to the forum. Any time I look at sub-forums, I see the following special characters mixed into the breadcrumbs:

Ludeon Forums Ã,» RimWorld Ã,» General Discussion

Not exactly an earth-shattering issue, but it bugs me every time I see it.

daft73

Tynan

Yeah, this has been there for a long time. It's some encoding issue that has never been important enough for me to investigate.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keensta

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2014, 01:02:36 PM
Yeah, this has been there for a long time. It's some encoding issue that has never been important enough for me to investigate.

Isn't it just a line of Php that handles this if you look at the Echo line that handles the separator. You should just be able to do a Ctrl + F and search for "LinkTree" or something along them lines. I can if you want it fixed look at the code and point you to the correct line.

Also you know you can remove the  SimpleMachines Forum logo right..
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

OobleckTheGreen

Actually, since we're discussing forums, you really ought to see if you can convert yours to the same type being used by Starbound (http://xenforo.com). The fact you can "like" other people's posts adds a surprisingly significant dimension to the forum.

Evul

Its generated in the under the <ul class="linktree" id="linktree_upper"> and i assume that this is located in the some kind of "style.php" or, some kind of "viewforum.php" file in a command line calling the links and also adding Ã,» :P Easy to edit that kind of things away.

keensta

Quote from: OobleckTheGreen on February 12, 2014, 07:07:35 PM
Actually, since we're discussing forums, you really ought to see if you can convert yours to the same type being used by Starbound (http://xenforo.com). The fact you can "like" other people's posts adds a surprisingly significant dimension to the forum.

Costs $140 for standard package but that being said its a very good forum system I develop stuff for it quite a lot.

Quote from: Evul on February 12, 2014, 07:22:14 PM
Its generated in the under the <ul class="linktree" id="linktree_upper"> and i assume that this is located in the some kind of "style.php" or, some kind of "viewforum.php" file in a command line calling the links and also adding Ã,» :P Easy to edit that kind of things away.

That's the styling and it's CSS not Php that styles it that way you can change its background picture and color. I looked at its code and in its index.template.pho and chnage this line

// Don't show a separator for the last one.
if ($link_num != count($context['linktree']) - 1)
echo ' &#187;';

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keensta

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2014, 09:51:59 PM
Thank you keensta :)

Fixed. Finally.

No problem. :) Anytime.