B18 short of locking animal in freezer they starve

Started by Bobisme, September 11, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

B18
On several occasions i have had to create a zone in my freezer and allocate an animal to it just to get them to eat.
They were already zoned access to my entire place (bar meals) 3 freezers, one with human bodies and 2 with meat veggies and many many animal corpses (7 frozen elephants in one atm.)

i just had a bonded cougar die, said he was hungry/starving and yet he was in lockdown, all 3 freezers were within 20 tiles of each other and him? :) I usually force the zone but figured, nah he just hasn't eaten yet. Sometimes i see the starving and ignore it as there is copious food around them, of all types and they eventually eat.

Tynan

Can anyone provide a savegame where a starving animal is present and food is nearby but they don't eat? We need to reproduce this issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bobisme

I can give you a B18 auto save? :)
this time all 4 mods are in play...
wall lights B18
More furniture
a dog said,
RBSE
The animal in question was just beginning to get hungry with 1/8th of his food bar left
I don't straight up supply the save as i am on B18 and bugs may have been fixed in newer versions
:)
the cougar by the name of Kouhei
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g8zne7roqroizt/Blaze%20Inferno.rws?dl=0

(ignore the pawns name, he gave me alot of trouble at the start wrecking a whole stack of components etc :D )

Ramsis

Hi Bob was just looking over your save file and happy to announce that Kouhei is quite well fed and happy as can be! Seems the problem has been solved in the most up to date version of RimWorld Vanilla. I did notice something odd though and will be looking into it a bit more; you have a dog named Cypress who is reported as starving and will take her time wandering around your dog zone (love your naming scheme for everything btw!) for a while before finally getting to your food storage and eating. She does eat, but she doesn't seem to prioritize it for some reason.

Thank you for your report! :)
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Bobisme

Cheers mate, no worries, i was thinking it may have something to do with the base being in a mountain, happy to help :)