RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesumnisRawr188

Quote from: conquestor on June 16, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: drb89 on June 16, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on June 16, 2014, 11:34:58 AM
QuoteCreated bad thought for being naked.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the nudist colonies. Now it's all going to be crazy naked people :-\

It's ok. I'm sure you'll get the carpet bonus after a few weeks.

(I actually finished my registration just to post this).
Was...

Was that a semi-gross sexual innuendo?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: AwesumnisRawr188 on June 16, 2014, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: conquestor on June 16, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: drb89 on June 16, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on June 16, 2014, 11:34:58 AM
QuoteCreated bad thought for being naked.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the nudist colonies. Now it's all going to be crazy naked people :-\

It's ok. I'm sure you'll get the carpet bonus after a few weeks.

(I actually finished my registration just to post this).
Was...

Was that a semi-gross sexual innuendo?

Probably not, but I do prefer to see it as such. Perhaps even with matching drapes.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Raufgar

For some reason, I am more excited about this update :

Raiders will now opportunistically kidnap incapacitated colonists and leave.

This being said, would charge-rifling/grenading/machinegunning the kidnapper also hurt the kidnapped?
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Dr. Z

QuoteRefactored how weapon accuracy is defined. Instead of an abstract “accuracy” variable with a bunch of opaque equations behind it, you now set the miss chance at touch/short/medium/long range (4/15/30/50 cells) and the game interpolates between these. Allows making weapons like sniper rifles worse at long range.

Isn't that a bad thing? My suggestion would be that sniper rifles get more accurate on longer distances like in X-COM, because thats what they made for and it would add a new tactical opportunity in charging snipers.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

Quote from: Raufgar on June 16, 2014, 11:38:00 PM
For some reason, I am more excited about this update :

Raiders will now opportunistically kidnap incapacitated colonists and leave.

This being said, would charge-rifling/grenading/machinegunning the kidnapper also hurt the kidnapped?

Grenading an enemy would certainly hurt the one he's carrying. And due to the fact that colonists already shoot each other when they're standing behind each other it would be very difficult not to hit the own guy if shooting at the kidnapper.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Pulaskimask

QuoteRaiders will now opportunistically kidnap incapacitated colonists and leave.

:D

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 17, 2014, 11:17:25 AM
QuoteRefactored how weapon accuracy is defined. Instead of an abstract “accuracy” variable with a bunch of opaque equations behind it, you now set the miss chance at touch/short/medium/long range (4/15/30/50 cells) and the game interpolates between these. Allows making weapons like sniper rifles worse at long range.

Isn't that a bad thing? My suggestion would be that sniper rifles get more accurate on longer distances like in X-COM, because thats what they made for and it would add a new tactical opportunity in charging snipers.

I agree. Please, Tynan, I hope you mean sniper weapons are worse at close range instead...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Pulaskimask

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 17, 2014, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on June 17, 2014, 11:17:25 AM
QuoteRefactored how weapon accuracy is defined. Instead of an abstract �accuracy� variable with a bunch of opaque equations behind it, you now set the miss chance at touch/short/medium/long range (4/15/30/50 cells) and the game interpolates between these. Allows making weapons like sniper rifles worse at long range.

I agree. Please, Tynan, I hope you mean sniper weapons are worse at close range instead...

Sniper rifles do get less accurate at longer distances though. I believe them being highly inaccurate at touch range, very accurate at short and medium, and less accurate at long range would be best. A long range weapon that is very accurate would be too OP and unrealistic.

Edit: I accidentally wrote my comment up in the quote box so it looked like I was just quoting people and not saying anything :(

StorymasterQ

If that's the case, then surely all weapons are worse the longer the range. Tynan specifically says sniper rifles.

I think what Tynan meant is that 'some weapons can be worse at different ranges.' Pistols and stuff are better at close range and worse at mid/long range. Sniper rifles are better at mid range and worse at short/long range.

Also, reading replies inside a quote makes my head hurt for some reason.

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 18, 2014, 02:16:24 AM
If that's the case, then surely all weapons are worse the longer the range. Tynan specifically says sniper rifles.

I think what Tynan meant is that 'some weapons can be worse at different ranges.' Pistols and stuff are better at close range and worse at mid/long range. Sniper rifles are better at mid range and worse at short/long range.

I know what you mean, people replying like that is utterly a pain to figure out what they've said.

whatever the case with the sniper rifles, it will certainly be interesting to see in action.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Coenmcj on June 18, 2014, 02:19:58 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 18, 2014, 02:16:24 AM

I know what you mean, people replying like that is utterly a pain to figure out what they've said.

whatever the case with the sniper rifles, it will certainly be interesting to see in action.

Dr. Z

QuoteRemoved loyalty and fear for now. Mental breaks now depend only on mood (renamed from happiness).

After wood planks now another oversymplifying measure? Although I love the game I don't hope this is going to be a trend. Does "for now" means this will stay for the next Alpha?
Prasie the Squirrel!

dd0029

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 18, 2014, 09:03:01 AM
After wood planks now another oversymplifying measure? Although I love the game I don't hope this is going to be a trend. Does "for now" means this will stay for the next Alpha?

I wouldn't call this simplifying. Loyalty and fear aren't complex mechanics as is. I haven't seen many people playing the fear loyalty side anymore. Loyalty and fear are easily modified. Mood could be much more random.

Dr. Z

Quote from: dd0029 on June 18, 2014, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on June 18, 2014, 09:03:01 AM

I wouldn't call this simplifying. Loyalty and fear aren't complex mechanics as is. I haven't seen many people playing the fear loyalty side anymore. Loyalty and fear are easily modified. Mood could be much more random.

Yeah but if there's now only happieness, called mood, how do you prevent your colony from going mad completly? The old system handled that with fear, but what now?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Untrustedlife

Oh no..hes making the game simpler..WHY WHY WHY..no tynan why What is the point of fear tech now? Is that being removed too? wth...

Refactored how weapon accuracy is defined. Instead of an abstract �accuracy� variable with a bunch of opaque equations behind it, you now set the miss chance at touch/short/medium/long range (4/15/30/50 cells) and the game interpolates between these. Allows making weapons like sniper rifles worse at long range.

so now accuracy cant be effected by a bunch of things either? or am i misinterpreting this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do however like the change in how the dates work (will make succession games easier to handle)

And the kidnapping (which i believe was planned as-well)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK