Couple Ideas

Started by mysticdream, November 10, 2017, 12:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticdream

I'm going to start off with this disclaimer. I didn't read/search for similar ideas in the forums before posting this. If it's already been suggested, take this as a +1 to that thread.

1) I'd like a way to research better batteries, and/or better crafting stations that give bonuses.

2) Better/upgraded power supplies. Take that geo-thermal to a new level with an XYZ upgrade!

3) auto equip best weapon. (and why are they forbidden when the colonists drop them when they are incapaciated?)

4) Containers! So we don't need enormous rooms to hold things. Chests, Shelves, Refrigerated Shelves (food/medicine) maybe? Just need to plug em into the electricity!

5) More efficient hydroponic forms (researchable)

6) Why does the sun-lamp go off at night? Maybe this could be toggleable?

gipothegip

1 - I don't know how I feel about better batteries (I don't think we really need this), although I've seen mods that go in that direction.

If you mean applying quality to crafting stations, that could be interesting. Otherwise, we can already build tool cabinets to increase work speed.

2 - This could be intersting, with proper setbacks. Perhaps you could research efficiency for fueled generators, but generators that implement it produce less power. Or research extra power production, but increase the risk for electrical failures.

3 - Only issue is determining what the "best" weapon is, and some pawns I don't want to give the best weapons. If I have a charge rifle and a revolver, the charge rifle is going to the skilled shooter, and the revolver is going to the guy with little shooting skills but can still use a gun. But in some contexts, I might want to give my top gun a sniper, or hand someone a grenade.

This is much better handled by the player, though I guess if you could set which kind of weapons they could use (and whether to use the feature), and base it on quality, that could work.

4 - I disagree, inventory management is important.

However, containers that could hide the negative beauty of things would be useful, so one could place things somewhere more convenient than bulk storage.

5 - What do you mean? How would you make them more efficient?

6 - It goes off at night because plants "sleep" at night, and do not grow anyway, and hence do not need the light.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

mysticdream

1) Some could be more efficient, some hold more power - etc. I know there's mods out there that do this, but I like playing both modded, and un-modded at different times.

For the crafting stations I mean you get a bonus to what you're crafting. A better bench could reduce the work needed, or material cost, or increase the quality of the weapon in some way.

2) A choice is optimal I think. With research things should get better, not worse. Maybe you can upgrade 3x total, and you can choose between efficiency, or capacity. Research the slots, or the components, or both.

3) There could be different settings for what each individual player considers "best". damage, speed, dps, something else... or off. Settable on each colonist.

4) Inventory management is important, but why not tone it down a bit. It doesn't make sense that 10 prepared meals takes up the same space as 75 granite bricks which takes up the space as a single "denture". We have space ships, but not refrigerators?

5) Well, I would make them basic which gives a bonus, then upgrade somehow with bonus +x, etc. Maybe they need less electricity, or maybe they grow faster, or maybe give a bonus to yield.

6) This actually makes sense.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: mysticdream on November 10, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
I'm going to start off with this disclaimer. I didn't read/search for similar ideas in the forums before posting this. If it's already been suggested, take this as a +1 to that thread.

4) Containers! So we don't need enormous rooms to hold things. Chests, Shelves, Refrigerated Shelves (food/medicine) maybe? Just need to plug em into the electricity!

Devs are openly against this. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12024.msg321406#msg321406

Songleaves

Quote from: mysticdream on November 10, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
3) auto equip best weapon. (and why are they forbidden when the colonists drop them when they are incapaciated?)

As other have said, hard to determine the "best" weapon. Hunters often given shot guns because they shoot from close up, less likely to shoot others passing by. EMP grenades are good, but very specialized. The reason people autoforbid upon drop is probably because if someone is incapacitated then there's a good chance that they are in a dangerous area, and you wouldn't want pawns wandering over to them to interact with items. For instance, imagine a colonist gets mauled by angry animals and drops a meal, and before you realize it, a colonist safely indoors goes out to consume their meal and triggers the animals to attack them.