[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baladas

Quote from: EdB on July 02, 2018, 10:11:48 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on a version of the mod for 1.0.  There is a test release available on github:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/

Thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort to fork the code repo to get a version of the mod working with 1.0.  Apologies that I was away and not checking the forums/Steam.

Awesome!

I am looking forward to the full 1.0 release, both of your mod and the game proper. :)

spyderwebsc

Todays update seems to have broken Prepare Carefully. It won't let it load when you start a new game.
I can load a previous save file with the same mods and load order with no problem.

1.0.1960 rev1360 (development build)
Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.FieldAccessException: Field `Verse.HediffComp_GetsPermanent:painFactor' is inaccessible from method `EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn:InitializeInjuriesAndImplantsFromPawn (Verse.Pawn)'

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn) <IL 0x00236, 0x0067e>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn) <IL 0x000c2, 0x00258>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () <IL 0x00041, 0x000a9>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () <IL 0x00017, 0x00034>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches.DoWindowContentsPostfix (UnityEngine.Rect,RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns) <IL 0x0006c, 0x00171>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Rect) <IL 0x000be, 0x0052b>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) [0x00223] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202

EdB

Quote from: spyderwebsc on July 10, 2018, 02:56:03 PM
Todays update seems to have broken Prepare Carefully. It won't let it load when you start a new game.
I can load a previous save file with the same mods and load order with no problem.

Some changes in the 1.0.1960 release of the game broke the 1.0.2 test release of the mod.  I've released a new version, 1.0.3, that should fix the problem: https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/

Clopotel

Me thinks it's broken again. ;/ The window does not open when i press Prepare carefully.

yaboynick

Seems to have been broken by the most recent update, here is my error, let me know if you need me to post the "copy to clipboard" stuff.

KalisaFox

Having same issues as others have stated, button wont open the window anymore, Have tried just running this as the only mod, restarting pc, and reinstalling the mod.

Manly

EdB - I panicked when I came here after time off from the game and didn't see Prepare Carefully updated.  I have been playing this game since way before it came to steam and your mods have become my absolutely HAVE to have when I play the game.  If you look at my posts (which are few and very far between) they are complimenting your work and the work of so many amazing modders.

THANK YOU for your tenacity and loyalty to this game.  You have enhanced the gameplay for me so much.  Much appreciation to you and the other folks who do so much for us idiots who don't know how to do this stuff :)

Edit: I looked at my posts from prior years...it seems I am your fanboi.  No...this is not EdB complimenting himself all the time.  I just appreciate the great mods he (and SO many others have done to enhance this game :) )

Kiame

Just an fyi to all. If the exception is a missing method exception there's nothing to fix it besides updating the code (modder's side) or wait for an update (user side)  ;)

EdB

There is a 1.0.4 test release of the mod available for download from github that is compatible with today's unstable release, 1.0.1969.

https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

whitebunny

Quote from: EdB on July 19, 2018, 11:33:38 PM
There is a 1.0.4 test release of the mod available for download from github that is compatible with today's unstable release, 1.0.1969.

A hero.
Thanks.

yaboynick

Quote from: EdB on July 19, 2018, 11:33:38 PM

Thank you very much! The B in your name must stand for BEAST.

aminjosh

it doesn't work for me it says i have the wrong version. well it says the version its for is unknown can you please fix it i love this mod i just want it to work

Kiame

Quote from: aminjosh on July 22, 2018, 01:23:27 AM
it doesn't work for me it says i have the wrong version. well it says the version its for is unknown can you please fix it i love this mod i just want it to work

What version of the game are you using? B18 or 1.0?

aminjosh

Quote from: Kiame on July 22, 2018, 01:29:53 AM
What version of the game are you using? B18 or 1.0?
Im using 1.0

spyderwebsc

Go to your Mod folder and open the folder that should be named EdBPrepareCarefully-1.0.4. You should see another folder named EdBPrepareCarefully. Copy that one to your mods folder and delete the now empty EdBPrepareCarefully-1.0.4 folder. It should work now.

When using Windows Extract All, Windows will want to make a new folder to extract the zip file into. You can avoid this if you tell it to extract the files to just whatever your download folder is named.