[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 03:25:21 PM
I'm already using the latest version, which was updated 2 days ago. Version 1.6.9.5. Is there another github link other than the one in the 1st post?

Master branch gets constantly updated, you don't have to wait for releases.

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism
Clone or download -> download as zip -> extract and replace Assemblies/CombatRealism.dll

coldcell

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 18, 2017, 04:50:09 PM
Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 03:25:21 PM
I'm already using the latest version, which was updated 2 days ago. Version 1.6.9.5. Is there another github link other than the one in the 1st post?

Master branch gets constantly updated, you don't have to wait for releases.

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism
Clone or download -> download as zip -> extract and replace Assemblies/CombatRealism.dll

Thanks for the link. The updated file fixed the endless ammo loop.

However when there are raids, the enemy's ammo is always "load generator - pirate ammo." In the description, it says it's just a placeholder dummy and if seen, it means something is wrong. Anyone has idea what? They don't drop the ammo when killed, just the weapon.

porcupine

Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 05:57:07 PM

Thanks for the link. The updated file fixed the endless ammo loop.

However when there are raids, the enemy's ammo is always "load generator - pirate ammo." In the description, it says it's just a placeholder dummy and if seen, it means something is wrong. Anyone has idea what? They don't drop the ammo when killed, just the weapon.

Somebody mentioned a few pages back, that when they go into combat, it's "converted".  I'm speculating here, but maybe this was done as a balance issue, or to resolve issues of bulk, or to stop them from dropping ammo on death, etc.

The centipedes were causing issues where they'd drop 10k silver worth of ammo on death after all....

coldcell

Quote from: porcupine on January 18, 2017, 06:16:03 PM

Somebody mentioned a few pages back, that when they go into combat, it's "converted".  I'm speculating here, but maybe this was done as a balance issue, or to resolve issues of bulk, or to stop them from dropping ammo on death, etc.

The centipedes were causing issues where they'd drop 10k silver worth of ammo on death after all....

Thanks for the explanation! I'm worried it'll mess up my run somehow. Really liking the mod so far, though combat is definitely a lot harder since I still can't produce ammo yet.

McGuffin

Is there a difference between the default auto turret from the base game (that requires 800 research points) and un auto turret from CR that requires 3000 research points?
I have both researches available, that sounds odd  (I dont' have other mods that could changes turrets except CR)

Fafn1r

Quote from: McGuffin on January 19, 2017, 05:12:22 AM
Is there a difference between the default auto turret from the base game (that requires 800 research points) and un auto turret from CR that requires 3000 research points?
I have both researches available, that sounds odd  (I dont' have other mods that could changes turrets except CR)

After a quick look at the xml files, as for now:
- 800p gun turrets research does nothing.
- 3000p gun turrets research unlocks default turret at the machinig table.
- Default gun turret is available from the start as a security building (!!!).
- There's a non-craftable heavy automated turret. Perhaps traders can sell it.

McGuffin

something seems buggy ;)
I didnt realise that the base turret was here without research (I built my defense with embrasure at start), but it is, and should not.

minakurafto

currently gun turret (vanilla) doesnt give you anything. since improvised turret lack research prerequiste, it's already available at the beginning. heavy turret and blaster lack recipeuser so it cant be crafted

coldcell

Is there a way to make my pawn automatically switch to a melee weapon, if they have it? Currently in my loadout I have my pawns carry both AR and Knife/Handgun. If enemy comes to melee range, any way to make them switch weapons?

Right now when I tell them to melee, they'll use fist instead.

Fafn1r

Quote from: coldcell on January 19, 2017, 07:03:31 AM
Is there a way to make my pawn automatically switch to a melee weapon, if they have it? Currently in my loadout I have my pawns carry both AR and Knife/Handgun. If enemy comes to melee range, any way to make them switch weapons?

Right now when I tell them to melee, they'll use fist instead.

For now you have to micromanage it by going in their invetory and making them equip it (right click menu). They will put their gun back to their inventory.

I'd love to see automatic switching to melee when being hit by melee attacks and when hunted animal is downed. Skyarkhangel, if you aren't too busy... :P

joaonunes

Quote from: coldcell on January 19, 2017, 07:03:31 AM
Is there a way to make my pawn automatically switch to a melee weapon, if they have it?
Quote from: Fafn1r on January 19, 2017, 08:50:24 AM
*snip*
...automatic switching to melee when being hit by melee attacks and when hunted animal is downed. Skyarkhangel, if you aren't too busy... :P

Awesome idea!! :D
+1
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

minakurafto

my pawn with synthread (starter cloth) deflect 4 of 5 hit from grizzily bear, is it imbalanced or not? maybe big wildlife need some boost on their claw (armor penetration)? i thought bear should be more scary , or my pawn just lucky

joaonunes

Quote from: minakurafto on January 19, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
my pawn with synthread (starter cloth) deflect 4 of 5 hit from grizzily bear, is it imbalanced or not? maybe big wildlife need some boost on their claw (armor penetration)? i thought bear should be more scary , or my pawn just lucky

What was the pawn's melee level? I think that skill is related to the probability of dodging an attack, so if it's high enough it should even dodge a bear, I think...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

codyjriggle

I am having a strange issue with molotov's.  I have created a stone room so that I can burn corpses in, but when I throw a molotov, no fire is created.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Sinosauropteryx

Love this mod, just started using it last week. I think the scope of the changes it brings to the game is incredible. Some feedback.

- Embrasures are op af. A simple perimeter wall with recessed entrances protected by embrasures makes raids trivially easy. Enemies will lock onto attacking a door, stack up in the hallway, and can be mowed down point-blank without retaliation. Manhunters and thrumbos are even more of a joke, they will run around aimlessly, unable to acquire a target. This is less a problem with the mod and more a problem with the poor AI, which is not trained to handle embrasures. I suppose it's the same problem as killboxes in vanilla.

- Similarly, the range on most late game weapons is absurd, and AI breaking. Sniper rifles are obsolete as automatics can fire across a fully zoomed-out screen. Raids anywhere on the map can be attacked immediately from the safety of your base, and the AI is not smart enough to close that kind of distance behind cover. On a related note, it seems strange the pistol's range is so low.

- Centipedes drop WAY too much ammo, and/or the ammo sells for way too much. 10k ammo per centipede, selling at 2/unit = 20k silver per centipede. It's easy to sell to traders from anywhere on the map by making a storage zone around the piles of ammo.

- The names for the various ammo types are overwhelming, especially because the gun's description doesn't list the type of ammo it uses (and vice versa). I don't mind learning large lists of flavour text, but at least make the information available in game. Many names appear similar (5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO for example) and several times I have crafted the wrong ammo.

- Ammo doesn't deteriorate outside. Post-raid litter is excessive.

- Shotguns are fantastic, especially birdshot. They function exactly how you'd expect shotguns to function in a game, and I found them well balanced and useful. Probably my favourite feature of the mod, great work on those.
Whole body          RimWorld addiction