[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Quote from: Rovhar Andin on December 16, 2016, 03:44:19 AM
Sorry but I'm a little bit confused. Is the mod already playable on A15 or not ?

Playable in A15, yes. However current version has some major bugs, like disabled medicine crafting and broken sieges.

AseaHeru

Sieges work sometimes, but yes, they like forgetting to send metal.

eeke1

Quote from: Plymouth on December 15, 2016, 05:01:30 AM

Quote from: eeke1 on December 15, 2016, 12:00:24 AM
Aha, I got it. The M240b accepts only 7.62x51mm FMJ. I tried loading the same ammo but AP and it refused.

I loaded AP ammo to M240b without any issues. Makes sure you are loading 7.62 with NATO label - there are at least three types of 7.62 ammo in CR, each with FMJ, AP and HP variants, making it 9 in total.

there is at least 7.62x39mm intermediate cartridge and 7.62x54mm rimmed, neither of which are going to fire from M240b. Only 7.62x51mm centerfire NATO cartridge will do.

Ok. This stopped mattering a while ago but there is a bug here. Glad to see I'm not crazy or just inept.

Once a pawn starts to go to an ammo stockpile to reload a turret that turret will now only reload with whatever the pawn is grabbing. I.e. if your turret was shooting FMJ and your pawn goes to grab more FMJ, but that FMJ becomes unavailable for whatever reason before the pawn is able to pick up the ammo, then the turret will only take FMJ to reload and you'll need to find more FMJ. Even if you have other ammo types of the same caliber.

To reproduce:
Take any manned turret -> Fire until out of ammo -> have ammo available -> Wait till a pawn starts getting more ammo to reload -> undraft pawn -> remove ammo (have a pawn pick it up) -> Try to reload the turret with another ammo type (i.e. you used AP and you have HP of the same type) -> Reload failure.

EDIT: Ah this works on the first reload of all turrets really. Including on craft (as turrets don't start with ammo). i.e. Craft a M240b -> don't have any FMJ lying around -> try to reload with any other ammo type (HE etc).

skyarkhangel

Devon_v

a16 is now authorized to exist. Thank you. :)

Kadjunga

By default, there is a chance for pawns to insta-die if they get downed. So it's not combat realisms fault that they died from getting leg chopped off

Didact04

Hm.

I've looked through the bug forum, but I can't find any instance of this existing, so I'm lead to believe this may be an issue caused by this mod.

Animals that hunt will occasionally attempt to attack something very small, like a rat, and just can't do it. They WILL, however, create a gratuitous field of blood in the area around their target. In this instance it was both a wolf and a bear attempting to attack a rat, and simply following the rat around painting the landscape in a huge area.

If this is an error created by the base game, I'll make a thread there accordingly. This is A16, btw.

Ninjakitty66

Quote from: Didact04 on December 20, 2016, 02:34:18 PM
Hm.

I've looked through the bug forum, but I can't find any instance of this existing, so I'm lead to believe this may be an issue caused by this mod.

Animals that hunt will occasionally attempt to attack something very small, like a rat, and just can't do it. They WILL, however, create a gratuitous field of blood in the area around their target. In this instance it was both a wolf and a bear attempting to attack a rat, and simply following the rat around painting the landscape in a huge area.

If this is an error created by the base game, I'll make a thread there accordingly. This is A16, btw.

Yeah I'm seeing the same thing, also error logs blowing up with it to the point it lags the game badly for me. I remember looking around and finding a massive area covered in blood. Also this is the A16 version as well!

Another issue I noticed, for some reason burst fire was the same as semi.

sozzys

Any way to disable the actual ammo feature? I mean, i like it that the pawns actually need to reload, but having to have actual ammo is abit overkill for me.

Didact04

Just tested it now, animals hunt and kill other small animals normally in A16 without mods on. It appears to be something to do with CR.

DaemonDeathAngel

Thundercraft

Quote from: sozzys on December 20, 2016, 03:24:54 PM
Any way to disable the actual ammo feature? I mean, i like it that the pawns actually need to reload, but having to have actual ammo is abit overkill for me.

You may not be following the comments on Combat Realism's Steam page, but on the subject of disabling the need for ammo, this is what the author wrote:

Quote from: skyarkhangelAll whining about ammo will be deleted...
Quote from: skyarkhangelPlease stop write about ammo system, ammo craft. I declare, I'm NEVER going to remove them. I DONT CARE that somebody doesnt like them. Its his problem, not my. Its a essential part of Combat Realism mod. If you do not like it, please remove this mod or make own without ammo... [snip]

Those are the author's words, not mine. Anyway, there are plenty of other RimWorld weapon mods which do not require ammo. AFAIK, this is the only one that does and, IMO, that makes this mod special and more realistic.

joaonunes

The mod is called "Combat Realism"... I use it for two reasons:
1- makes damage more real
2- adds ammo to the game.

Once you get the loading table it is so easy to manage ammo I seriously have no idea what is everybody's problem with ammo... Literally 10 mouse clicks and I never have to manage ammo ever again. And I always use several ammo types/calibers
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

ScottS9999

Having a "realistic" simulation without ammo and seeds is retarded.  If you want a simpler game, play without CR.

Lazybun

Quote from: Didact04 on December 20, 2016, 03:35:11 PM
Just tested it now, animals hunt and kill other small animals normally in A16 without mods on. It appears to be something to do with CR.

Tested it with a bunch of other A16 mods, only CR gives such an error.

Time to start another -100*c arctic playthrough for now, i guess