[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blockpa

I can't get pawns to use the Comm Console to communicate with trader ships or other factions.  I check the debug log and see the following.  Searches for the 'NullReferenceException' message indicates there is some newly required attribute related to factions missing from a def .XML file preventing  usage of the comm console.  That it is 'at Combat_Realism.Detours' leads me to think the issue is with CR.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Taishimoonshadow

I am having an issue where I can not make meds at the drug lab even with it researched however if I start a new colony without cr on it works fine.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: Taishimoonshadow on December 25, 2016, 03:23:58 PM
I am having an issue where I can not make meds at the drug lab even with it researched however if I start a new colony without cr on it works fine.

Had the same problem, but I found that it's been fixed in the latest GitHub changes, redownload there.

A different problem I'm having, is it seems that none of the melee weapons or guns can be smelted for resources, only turrets and ammo. Guns are missing from the 'smelt weapon' section, and it ignores your melee weapon selections saying "need materials." Smelting slag and destroying weapons works fine though. New game without CR returns it to normal.

SwiftShadow

Is there no way to increase bulk? I mean that should literally be the point of a tactical vest to be able to carry lots of mags. But here it adds to the bulk????

Carrying mags in a vest is 10x easier then in pockets.
It should also make it easy to have sidearm and a knife ready to go. But for some reason giving a dude body armor, a shotgun and 40 shotgun slugs brings the dude to his knees already.

Irl  when i was in the military i got a helmet, body armor, a tactical vest, 6 mags (thats 180 bullets of 5.56mm), assult rifle, knife,1 liter water bottle and a few other things. Carrying all that was nothing and i could still do other stuff just fine. Dont think i am some muscular guy, not at all. Here military service is mandatory so  i was pretty much in the same situation as these colonists are, just forced to carry that sh1t and like it.

Now i have never used a shotgun and dont know how much shotgun pellets weight, but i feel like some body armor, a shotgun and 40 pellets should not bring the dude to his carrying bulk limit.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: SwiftShadow on December 26, 2016, 08:37:45 AM
Is there no way to increase bulk? I mean that should literally be the point of a tactical vest to be able to carry lots of mags. But here it adds to the bulk????

It should also make it easy to have sidearm and a knife ready to go. But for some reason giving a dude body armor, a shotgun and 40 shotgun slugs brings the dude to his knees already.

Irl  when i was in the military i got a helmet, body armor, a tactical vest, 6 mags (thats 180 bullets of 5.56mm), assult rifle, knife,1 liter water bottle and a few other things. Carrying all that was nothing and i could still do other stuff just fine. Dont think i am some muscular guy, not at all. Here military service is mandatory so  i was pretty much in the same situation as these colonists are, just forced to carry that sh1t and like it.

Now i have never used a shotgun and dont know how much shotgun pellets weight, but i feel like some body armor, a shotgun and 40 pellets should not bring the dude to his carrying bulk limit.

Backpack, loadbearers increase bulk.

SwiftShadow

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 26, 2016, 08:42:21 AM
Quote from: SwiftShadow on December 26, 2016, 08:37:45 AM

Backpack, loadbearers increase bulk.

What is a loadbearer and where to you build that?

Also a side not a backpack is something that should increase bulk lol, when ever i had to put on my, backpack then i was like plz god no, cuz adding THAT to my usual battle gear was heavy and made me want to drop down and die.

Krolon

I want to report a bug.  Sending large caravans is so hard. I'm sending 5 muffalos and like 4 dudes with that have about 600 bullets each, gun and everything just to use 100% of their limits. And guess what, when I've checked info (while traveling and in ambush/sieges or something) I see that these dudes has so freaking much of stuff that they can barrelly move. When I only tell them to build a sandbag they're dropping everything that is not selected in this menu. Can you please change some things just to prioritize carrying stuff for muffalos to full 70kg and then pawns?

AseaHeru

Loadbearers are tactical vests, made in the clothing workshop along with backpacks.

SwiftShadow

Quote from: AseaHeru on December 26, 2016, 01:04:45 PM
Loadbearers are tactical vests, made in the clothing workshop along with backpacks.

Thought tactical vests did not cuz their description said "increases reload speed but their quite bulky to wear" so i thought that means they add to to bluk

golgepapaz

Quote from: MrWeeGee on December 26, 2016, 07:14:55 AM

Had the same problem, but I found that it's been fixed in the latest GitHub changes, redownload there.

A different problem I'm having, is it seems that none of the melee weapons or guns can be smelted for resources, only turrets and ammo. Guns are missing from the 'smelt weapon' section, and it ignores your melee weapon selections saying "need materials." Smelting slag and destroying weapons works fine though. New game without CR returns it to normal.

yep got the same problem

teknotel

Quote from: MrWeeGee on December 26, 2016, 07:14:55 AM

I am using steam version and having the same problem, has this been updated on steam version? Would i have to start a new game for this to work? If not can I dload github version, remove steam version swapping github in and then play the same game? Thanks for any help .

katjezz

is there a reason why this mod removes nearly all turrets from the game?

AseaHeru

They are still there, just locked behind research, and you have to build them at a workbench.

Devon_v

Quote from: katjezz on December 27, 2016, 07:08:26 AM
is there a reason why this mod removes nearly all turrets from the game?
The combat balance is based around man-to-man confrontations rather than horde vs. towers. There are some turrets, but they are way down the research tree, so traders are the best way to acquire them. It's all about building solid fortifications and using the right weapons - shotguns are fantastic against tribal hordes - rather than auto-turret spam.

MasterZ01

I'd like to start by thanking Skyarkangel & all the other developers for keeping this mod alive even with all the new alphas and CCL still being updated. I really enjoy the mod and don't mind the inventory system, but I think I've encountered a bug of sorts. It seems whenever I order a colonist to pickup clothing they do and will, however if I ever want them to remove it from their inventory they can't. They can wear and take off clothing but if it's placed in their inventory, they can never remove the clothing item again. I thought it was some sort of incompatibility with other mods at first. However, when I started a fresh colony with only the core(Alpha 16A) & combat realism(1.6.9.1) I have the same issue. I'm not sure if this is user error or a bug, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Steps I took to reproduce the issue:
1: Find any item of clothing.(In my test I just asked my colonist to take off his shirt)
2: Order them to pick it up and place it in their Inventory.
3: Order the colonist to drop or drop & haul the article of clothing.
    -At this point a 'Clear prioritized work' button appears, and disappears as if the order was      completed a second later.