[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbielinski

If I could make one recommendation. Just above the download link, in large, bold, red text: "Do not ask for the ammo system to be removed. It never will be." Just to quiet those who can't handle a simple "assign equipment" menu.

doofustroofus

Quote from: nbielinski on January 01, 2017, 02:16:53 AM
If I could make one recommendation. Just above the download link, in large, bold, red text: "Do not ask for the ammo system to be removed. It never will be." Just to quiet those who can't handle a simple "assign equipment" menu.
I'll make a recommendation for you in return: stop acting like a condescending prick.

CR is an expansive mod and there are plenty of reasons to want a version without ammo. Even laying aside the fact that some people find ammo tedious (I personally don't) the system as currently implemented has caused bugs aplenty in the past (and still may) and will certainly cause mod compatibility issues for the foreseeable future.

Not saying an ammo-less version should be a priority, but pretending like its an unreasonable request is ridiculous.

porcupine

Quote from: doofustroofus on January 01, 2017, 04:33:00 AM
I'll make a recommendation for you in return: stop acting like a condescending prick.

CR is an expansive mod and there are plenty of reasons to want a version without ammo. Even laying aside the fact that some people find ammo tedious (I personally don't) the system as currently implemented has caused bugs aplenty in the past (and still may) and will certainly cause mod compatibility issues for the foreseeable future.

Not saying an ammo-less version should be a priority, but pretending like its an unreasonable request is ridiculous.

It's an unreasonable request, and that's not a ridiculous statement.

Ammo is central to the point of CR, it's been re-iterated repeatedly by the developers ad-nauseum. 

To ask the developers to spend their personal time, to develop a specialized feature set for the extreme minority of users who want "combat realism, but wait, not that real!" is an unreasonable request.

TL;DR:  If you want to develop it, go nuts, but the idea that the developers should invest time in this anti-feature is clearly ridiculous.

oneiwily

let me start by saying that I really like this mod.
it adds lots of content and together with Crush landing makes the game real vibrant.

one of the things that I miss is a way to set the minimum ammunition for each pawn.
my pawns go hunting coming back with no ammo or with very low ammo, and the next time there is a raid .. they are kinda useless.

I solved it by having a machine gun for each of my hunters.
Now I don't care how match ammo they have on them the MG have plenty of ammo from the cabinet next to it.

I think there should be a way to set min/max amount of ammo.
example: 100 bullets is the minimum, 200 maximum. pawn have finished hunting and have 50 bullets, it goes and restock to 200. next time it come back from hunting with 160 .. all good nothing needs to be done.

deathstar

Quote from: oneiwily on January 01, 2017, 05:58:34 AM
let me start by saying that I really like this mod.
it adds lots of content and together with Crush landing makes the game real vibrant.

one of the things that I miss is a way to set the minimum ammunition for each pawn.
my pawns go hunting coming back with no ammo or with very low ammo, and the next time there is a raid .. they are kinda useless.

I solved it by having a machine gun for each of my hunters.
Now I don't care how match ammo they have on them the MG have plenty of ammo from the cabinet next to it.

I think there should be a way to set min/max amount of ammo.
example: 100 bullets is the minimum, 200 maximum. pawn have finished hunting and have 50 bullets, it goes and restock to 200. next time it come back from hunting with 160 .. all good nothing needs to be done.

Are you making use of the loadout feature also added by this mod? Check the Assign-menu and specify that your colonists should always have their weapon of choice and a sufficient amount of ammo on them (I usually do 2-3x the capacity of the weapon).

Marduk

Besides, no ammo system would make it effectively impossible to balance automatic weapons at all, especially with the non automatic ones.

doofustroofus

Quote from: porcupine on January 01, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
It's an unreasonable request, and that's not a ridiculous statement.

Ammo is central to the point of CR, it's been re-iterated repeatedly by the developers ad-nauseum. 

To ask the developers to spend their personal time, to develop a specialized feature set for the extreme minority of users who want "combat realism, but wait, not that real!" is an unreasonable request.

TL;DR:  If you want to develop it, go nuts, but the idea that the developers should invest time in this anti-feature is clearly ridiculous.

Just because something is a reasonable request doesn't mean a developer is obligated to implement it. Hence why I said its not necessarily a priority. Stop being unnecessarily hostile.

Also if the developers have "re-iterated it ad-nauseum" then putting something in the op probably IS a good idea. Just don't be like nbielinski and be a dick about it.

Fake edit: while you very may be correct that ammo is central to CR, the system as a whole accounts for a whopping 14% of the feature list. If you're just talking about disabling bulk/weight it drops to 5%.

nbielinski

Unnecessarily hostile? I made a recommendation to stop the copious amount of posts asking for ammo to be removed, so the line of posts would be trimmed down and perhaps people reporting actual issues could be noticed and you call me a prick.. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the mod creator has said they will not be removing the ammo feature. I'm just saying put that up front so people stop book ending every fifth day with a post asking for ammo to be removed. I dunno. Don't be so defensive about a non-issue?

Mercain

I dunno if this is the right place to report a bug, but, when you Pick up clothing(including backpacks and armor) when you try to drop it, you can't! i dunno if this has been reported yet, you can drop food, ammo and weapons, but not clothing from your Inventory.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Mercain on January 01, 2017, 02:56:42 PM
I dunno if this is the right place to report a bug, but, when you Pick up clothing(including backpacks and armor) when you try to drop it, you can't! i dunno if this has been reported yet, you can drop food, ammo and weapons, but not clothing from your Inventory.

I noticed this bug too, the only work around I found so far is to use the dev mode and the "down" tool to incapacitate that pawn so they drop all their inventory, and then the heal tool to restore them to functionality. (just be careful with the heal tool as it will also remove cyber ware if you click on a body part with cybernetics in it.)

Additional BUG: I also noticed the auto turrets (both the 5.56mm one and the 14mm one) will not fire from behind embrasures.

doofustroofus

Quote from: nbielinski on January 01, 2017, 02:23:27 PM
Unnecessarily hostile? I made a recommendation to stop the copious amount of posts asking for ammo to be removed, so the line of posts would be trimmed down and perhaps people reporting actual issues could be noticed and you call me a prick.
Just to quiet those who can't handle a simple "assign equipment" menu.
mhmm
Anyway I've said my piece, guess I just prefer aggressive aggressive to passive aggressive :)

Edit: Also for content's sake: the inventory management's interaction with food for training animals is still very buggy. Maybe just give food 0 weight/bulk for now?

Devon_v

Quote from: dkbrk on December 30, 2016, 08:55:46 PM
Also, managing loadouts also used to be much more tedious because the dialog had abysmally poor rendering performance unless you filtered the items selection down to a relatively small number. Fortunately that's now been fixed.

May I hug you?

Quote from: fall on January 01, 2017, 02:09:06 AM
man i would love this mod if it didn't have the whole ammo sistem ,there are 100 types of bullets making it a micro managing nightmare always having to make sure the idiots have ammo for their guns, and making them carry too much makes them slower...

There's only 12-ish that you need to care about. I even made a list of them!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p9TA14NdVO0_gDt8lIrZyFlaNBHqOgbITw5GnbDHT8o

The key is working up to machining and securing your own supply of a few critical calibers.

lllMWNlll

Any chance for doing a patch for Rimsernal mods?

Would be great!

kardofaces

I'd really like to use this with Rimsenal and some other turret mods. I'm not sure what I could specifically change to make it compatible.
I assume weapons/turrets are unable to fire because something with ParentName="BaseBullet" or the like. And GlitterTech APB rifles had unintended accuracy calculations; basically 100% hit chance even when the chance was below 100%.

TripleRocket also wasn't working for me. Sieges would sometimes screw up and they wouldn't get supplies for mortars. It was as if they tried to make CombatRealism turrets and failed, but they are able to make normal mortars.

Mercain

Quote from: Lady Wolf on January 01, 2017, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: Mercain on January 01, 2017, 02:56:42 PM

I noticed this bug too, the only work around I found so far is to use the dev mode and the "down" tool to incapacitate that pawn so they drop all their inventory, and then the heal tool to restore them to functionality. (just be careful with the heal tool as it will also remove cyber ware if you click on a body part with cybernetics in it.)

Additional BUG: I also noticed the auto turrets (both the 5.56mm one and the 14mm one) will not fire from behind embrasures.

Ahhh, thank you very much! Guess i won't be picking up clothing anytime soon.