Cannot self-tend nor tend with other colonist: is my colony busted?

Started by Belp, March 03, 2020, 04:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belp

I have two colonist, with only one of them capable of doctoring, melee/range, and social.
Unfortunately after a raid, this colonist is unable to walk because of too much pain. It cannot self-tend, and the other colonist cannot tend to her because she is incapable of doctoring. And my injured colonist is facing starvation, because she can't feed herself (unable to walk), and her roomate can't feed her (still because she is incapable of doctoring).
My only remaining valid colonist is incapable of social, so I foresee she won't be able to recruit any new colonist, be it transport pod crashee, an arrested pawn or a slave trader product.

Is there any hope for this colony?

carbon

I can think of at least a couple storyteller events where a pawn will join you that don't require any explicit social interaction. Namely, 'wander joins' and whatever the one where they are being chased by a raid is called.

There's also one called 'man in black' that can happen if everyone in your colony is incapacitated, but you still have one able-bodied pawn, so that probably won't trigger (for now).

---

So it's not totally hopeless.

Belp

Unfortunately, I disabled the event 'wander joins' on this scenario, so this won't happen either ;D

I think the only remaining possibility is someone contacting me to join my colony because they are chased by a raid.

While it's not totally hopeless, this is very unlikely to get any better.