[A16] Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes v1.4 & Vanilla Tweaks v1.3 (updated 1/20)

Started by Zhentar, November 05, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrozenSnowFox

Your vanilla tweak to add dark green coloring to overhead mountain roofs in the roof overlay has a bug.  If you have a second colony the overhead mountain overlay roofing is not shown at all for the second colony.  What seems to happen is it shows the overhead mountain overlay from the first colony on the second colonies map.  If you load in on the second colony the overlay shows correctly but if you switch between the two it bugs out.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.  Same area of the map in both screenshots.  As you can see the second colony has no mountains in that area yet shows the overlay and the overlay shown is the exact size and shape as the areas in the first colony.

Skaer

Registered just to say THANK YOU for these mods! The memory leak fix and Pawn GC literally brought my late game back to life!

I really hope that, eventually, the core build of the game will internalize this great work.

Ruisuki

any plan to add a plan designator for trade beacons like there is for sun lamps?

Dr_Zhivago

There is an error with Vegetable garden food, when items are made of salted meat or from the mod "Mince That Meat". There is an error log that comes out about human-like meat with the bowl of stew. It wants to put an overlay on the meal but cannot.

Exception drawing bowlstew2734613: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.FoodUtility.IsHumanlikeMeat (Verse.ThingDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].FindIndex (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[ThingDef] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.Predicate`1 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ZhentarTweaks.CompTaintedIngredients.get_ContainsHumanlikeMeat () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ZhentarTweaks.CompTaintedIngredients.PostDraw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Comps_PostDraw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

squanchy

LegendFusion

Hi Zhentar!

I would love an update to this mod as well, i already saw you created a directory for A17 updates on your github. Are you going to update it for A17? If so, please take your time, i am in no rush, just wanted to know if you are going to work on it as your mods are amazing for performance,

I constantly crash with memory errors, even though i have the same mods as for A16, ( updated of course) , so i guess your mods did alot for me

Juujika

Vanilla Tweaks does give following error
"Could not find a type named ZhentarTweaks.SunLampPlanDesignatorAdd
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ParseHelper:FromString(String, Type)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ListFromXml(XmlNode)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()"

Fregrant

Maybe I am wrong, but any dll mods will never work on different version, unlike defs. So these mods do nothing on A17.

Juujika

Quote from: Fregrant on June 13, 2017, 02:52:32 AM
Maybe I am wrong, but any dll mods will never work on different version, unlike defs. So these mods do nothing on A17.
Yes, but in Github it does say A17.

Fregrant

Ah, I see. ZTweaks source code on github was updated to A17, but there is no compiled dll. I guess that is cause of this error.

Compiled the dll. This error is gone, try this.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fregrant on June 13, 2017, 11:25:08 AM
Ah, I see. ZTweaks source code on github was updated to A17, but there is no compiled dll. I guess that is cause of this error.

That is great! Thanks!

Has anyone tried this yet beyond checking for errors to see if everything works? (Primarily thinking of the sun lamp planning tool with integrated fertility display)

edit: For the record, I did end up testing this, and everything (including the sun lamp planner with fertility display) seems to be working!

Juujika

Quote from: Fregrant on June 13, 2017, 11:25:08 AM

Thank you. It does work now. Great^^

stigma

I ran into some sort of conflict with this and "storagesearch" (which is an essential mod in my opinion).
This is using the unofficial A17 version of zhentars vanilla tweaks that Fregrant compiled for us earlier in this thread.

The only thing that seems to break is that the stockpile hysteresis (the "only bother to re-fill this if it is under X%" function) does not save. Whenever you reload it is set to 100% again. It seems to work again as soon as you set the value though.

The problem only occurs if you load zhentar's vanilla tweaks after storage search.
I'm not sure why - as it doesnt look like zhentar's fixes touch the stockpiles but...
Even though reversing the load order appears to fix the problem - it is worrying, because if one thing overwrites the other then something else is likely to break if you reverse the order, except you just don't know what...

I'm going to dig a little bit into this and see if I can pinpoint exactly what part of the mod is conflicting. Zhentar's tweaks touch so many different aspects of the game that it is not exactly obvious. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Oh, and why hasn't zhentar released the A17 version yet when he seems to have done updates for it so long ago? No word from yet as far as I can see.

-Stigma

Rock5

Quote from: stigma on July 12, 2017, 06:44:45 PM
I ran into some sort of conflict with this and "storagesearch" (which is an essential mod in my opinion).
This is using the unofficial A17 version of zhentars vanilla tweaks that Fregrant compiled for us earlier in this thread.

The only thing that seems to break is that the stockpile hysteresis (the "only bother to re-fill this if it is under X%" function) does not save. Whenever you reload it is set to 100% again. It seems to work again as soon as you set the value though.

The problem only occurs if you load zhentar's vanilla tweaks after storage search.
I'm not sure why - as it doesnt look like zhentar's fixes touch the stockpiles but...
Even though reversing the load order appears to fix the problem - it is worrying, because if one thing overwrites the other then something else is likely to break if you reverse the order, except you just don't know what...

I'm going to dig a little bit into this and see if I can pinpoint exactly what part of the mod is conflicting. Zhentar's tweaks touch so many different aspects of the game that it is not exactly obvious. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Oh, and why hasn't zhentar released the A17 version yet when he seems to have done updates for it so long ago? No word from yet as far as I can see.

-Stigma
+1

Someone please figure out a way to make these 2 compatible with each other, or merge them perhaps. I consider them both essential and don't know which to choose.  :(

Or maybe a version with just the stockpile features disabled so I can use Search Agency and not loose the other Zhentar Tweaks such as the Sun Lamp tool which is a must have for me.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rock5 on August 21, 2017, 08:27:30 AM
Quote from: stigma on July 12, 2017, 06:44:45 PM

-Stigma
+1

Someone please figure out a way to make these 2 compatible with each other, or merge them perhaps. I consider them both essential and don't know which to choose.  :(

Or maybe a version with just the stockpile features disabled so I can use Search Agency and not loose the other Zhentar Tweaks such as the Sun Lamp tool which is a must have for me.

I use storage search with Zhentar Tweaks with no problems. Believe the other poster said it was some problem with the included hauling hysteresis, which I am not sure what that does, but it is not something I was looking to use, so if it isn't working I'm not missing it. Not seeing any errors at least.