Scythers come with different attachments for sapping

Started by RemingtonRyder, August 05, 2015, 02:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Currently, Scythers have knife protrusions which, well, they're good for melee. That's all.

I was thinking, both to increase the scyther's utility factor during a mechanoid raid, and give more options when by chance you happen to down one and can remove its attachments to use in surgery, what if they could also come with a mining drill arm and a manipulator?

The mining drill would allow them to dig through rock and walls much like a pirate sapper, while the manipulator would give them the ability to pick the locks on your doors and gain access. Needless to say, these limbs would be useful if grafted onto colonists. :)

Jamini

We would need a way to remove prosthetics from a dead pawn first.

Please can we harvest bionics and organs from the dead? It would be really helpful.

RemingtonRyder

Um, harvesting bionics and organs from the dead has been suggested a lot of times before. Pretty sure it's on the frequent suggestions post.

Like I said, when you down a mechanoid you can do operations to remove parts from it.

skullywag

To be honest this doesnt seem that hard to implement. New body part ala scyther blade and a new mechanoid type to use it. Wonder if the thinktree for sapper can be applied to mechs if it can this is a very easy request. Just needs some art.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

leax256

i could just imagine the carnage if that drill syther attacked a colonist

Mr.Cross

All I can think of now that the drill being suggested is a colonist getting drilled to death... and no not in that way you perverts  ;).

But yes this could be fun to deal with. Maybe try to contact and ask this guy/woman (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=33462) Who could actual probably do this!
Claims to know most things.