Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWiggles

Quote from: Wild Card on June 05, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
True but its just alpha 10. From what i gather Tynan`s recipe for success is making many iteration, u know like improving on what u already have bit by bit. adding more stuff, improving that and so on and so forth
So if it would get implemented (the stacking of more stuff i mean) yes it would be ugly and cumbersome for a few alphas but eventually if will get fleshed out nicely i think ( again we`re just in alpha 10 )
Also my point of view is only valid if this is something that could be added. if it`s not feasible,  well than it wont get added
This thread is for your cheapest ideas! And anything that would require more then one pass to get it into a suitable state, is not a 'cheapest idea'.

Wild Card

ok mr wiggles if you say so

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Kraehe on June 05, 2015, 05:24:09 PM
Animals who start a friendship with a colonist will follow him/her everywhere, including the base (and maybe defend him against other animals/raiders). They only go away to eat and then come back.

Just see this guy as his best best friend forever.

Sounds like a backdoor for catsplosion.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mechanoid Hivemind

Id love to see an all out war. A notification comes up and it says
Whoa 2 factions are waring near you.
Watch out for stray shells. And make sure your colonist done get involved.

Also i think it be kinda cool to have a rail system. But its random if you spawn near the tracks or not. But you can make a train station to trade goods and then get a small shipment of silver for what you sell. Idk my personal wants.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

jega

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 07, 2015, 10:09:54 PM

Also i think it be kinda cool to have a rail system. But its random if you spawn near the tracks or not. But you can make a train station to trade goods and then get a small shipment of silver for what you sell. Idk my personal wants.

At first I thought this was awesome. I thought of two large Groups of Visitors from two factions spawning on your map, armed for war and they attack each other, maybe you could help one side in a massive attack, it would be epic.

And then it occurred to me; say that happened. Even say you did nothing, and didn't interact at all and just got to watch a battle not involving your colonists. If that happened, once it's over and there are a bunch of dead bodies, even if one side captured a couple living ones, that is still the game dumping a lot of money on you for free.

spatula

i would like a new growing zone for shrubberies that they plant and then nurture into walls of foliage that will look nice, in a row, with picket fences. Ni!

Dakkanor

IDK about cheap, but it uses existing code so...
is it possible to put priorities onto workbenches? just the same ones as stockpiles, so that i can fine tune what gets done, eg cook > butcher > Brew
or machine table > Smelter > stone cutter
this would be exceptionally useful for mods which add new tables as well

Avtomatik

Quote from: jega on June 07, 2015, 10:18:32 PM

At first I thought this was awesome. I thought of two large Groups of Visitors from two factions spawning on your map, armed for war and they attack each other, maybe you could help one side in a massive attack, it would be epic.

And then it occurred to me; say that happened. Even say you did nothing, and didn't interact at all and just got to watch a battle not involving your colonists. If that happened, once it's over and there are a bunch of dead bodies, even if one side captured a couple living ones, that is still the game dumping a lot of money on you for free.

I guess coding pawns to loot the corpses wouldnt be that hard

Play2Jens

Quote from: Avtomatik on June 08, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

Or the winning party sets all the bodies on fire. You know, like burying them, out of dignity.

Quick idea: raiders "flicking off" power objects they pass. Let's say you have a bunch of generators outside of your colony. Raiders pass them and just turn them off. It seems realistic and doesn't lead to tons of frustration for the player because he has to rebuild everything. Same thing goes for things inside the colony.

Kegereneku

Alternatively to above... could it work to have Raider check for Generator, then attack any power line directly linked to them ?
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Play2Jens on June 08, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: Avtomatik on June 08, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

Or the winning party sets all the bodies on fire. You know, like burying them, out of dignity.

Quick idea: raiders "flicking off" power objects they pass. Let's say you have a bunch of generators outside of your colony. Raiders pass them and just turn them off. It seems realistic and doesn't lead to tons of frustration for the player because he has to rebuild everything. Same thing goes for things inside the colony.
Yeah something like that. and they take what they can from it leaving you like maybe a poor rifle or something along those lines. you can pick throught the crappy weps
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

JimmyAgnt007

Id like to see limbs like arms and legs be harvest-able and stored so they can be replaced without bionics, not everyone likes bionics or can afford them.  Since they arnt as vital as internal organs they wouldnt be worth much in trade.

A new armor or clothing type called a gillie suit.  People dont notice you until you fire.  Deal critical damage in your first shot.  A Hold Fire option for ambushes.  Related to this would be a camo netting that you can deploy or build, that hides pawns inside it.  lets them hold fire, then when the raid is right close they all get critical hits on the enemy.  overpowered?  maybe, but the enemy can use them too.  maybe ambushes wait long after raids finish.  that would make a neat new event.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 09, 2015, 09:33:06 AM
Id like to see limbs like arms and legs be harvest-able and stored so they can be replaced without bionics, not everyone likes bionics or can afford them.  Since they arnt as vital as internal organs they wouldnt be worth much in trade.

A new armor or clothing type called a gillie suit.  People dont notice you until you fire.  Deal critical damage in your first shot.  A Hold Fire option for ambushes.  Related to this would be a camo netting that you can deploy or build, that hides pawns inside it.  lets them hold fire, then when the raid is right close they all get critical hits on the enemy.  overpowered?  maybe, but the enemy can use them too.  maybe ambushes wait long after raids finish.  that would make a neat new event.
+ A cookie! (+1) i love this it be soo neat to see this!

JimmyAgnt007

also, limbs shot or cut off in battle have a chance of getting recovered to be reattached or just stored for someone else.

Adamiks

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 09, 2015, 10:04:10 AM
also, limbs shot or cut off in battle have a chance of getting recovered to be reattached or just stored for someone else.

It isn't so cheap idea :D