Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

Quote from: MeowRailroad on February 06, 2018, 07:28:20 AM
I still think colonists should get some benefits from seeing beautiful landscapes.
Grass don't have beauty penalty. It's barren dirt which has the -2 malus.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

angleof9

I'm not entirely certain how easy these would be, but:

Two traits:
Claustrophobia: gets cabin fever quicker, bigger mood penalty from cabin fever, bigger bonus from being in a spacious room, takes more to consider it spacious(maybe shift the thresholds on the space slider or something?)
Agoraphobia(or whatever the fear of open spaces is): gets cabin fever slower, lower mood penalty from cabin fever, smaller bonus from being in a spacious room, takes less to consider a room spacious.

Basically, these two are opposites, and I feel they give pawns a little extra depth and forces us to consider how we're building our colonies.

sick puppy

Quote from: MeowRailroad on February 06, 2018, 07:28:20 AM
Quote from: Names are for the Weak on February 05, 2018, 08:44:15 PM
Rename "Infection" to "Gangrene".

It doesn't make sense though how just being outdoors makes everything seem ugly. Maybe "ugly" should be renamed "roughness" or something like that so it makes more sense. I still think colonists should get some benefits from seeing beautiful landscapes.

pawns will find flowers beautiful, not mud. plant some daylilies and roses in the soil and they'll love it

CAPFlyer

Quote from: Lurmey on March 08, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
Quote from: Aerial on March 06, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
Quote from: Venge on March 06, 2017, 12:16:40 AM
This has also probably been said but smart stacking items. I'm sitting here looking at my stockpile with 1 silver taking up a spot, 33 silver in another, and so on. And there's no way to re-haul that to move it together unless you want to make another stockpile with higher priority and move between, which is just a waste.

I'm not sure this counts as a cheap idea since I think it would take more than an hour of work to complete, but we wantsss this, preciousss.

I've started referring to it as inventory defragmentation.  I'd like a new work type of "organize inventory" that can have bills assigning priority to specific stockpiles.  Then the pawns go and consolidate and organize the items in that stockpile as best they can.

There are two different mods on the workshop that do this in slightly different ways, I'm sure Tynan could implement this in under an hour with ease.

I would like to bring this back up.  While stacking AI has gotten better since last year, there is still no "organize stockpile"-type work order that can be either manually or automatically ordered where pawns with either the cleaning or hauling job set will go and re-stack items within a stockpile when consumption allows.  As such, you'll start with a well-organized stockpile that over time, as pawns take from different stacks, suddenly becomes cluttered because your 300 wood is now 200 wood but not all 100 wood was taken from 2 stacks, it was taken from 10, but meanwhile you've added a bunch of leathers so now that stockpile that theoretically should have enough room for your stuff is now full.

fear_the_cheese

How about power lines? that way they can go straight over rivers.

fear_the_cheese

Maybe some sort of defensive variant of the standard walls? that way we can put turrets on them and build guard towers.

fear_the_cheese

A welcome mat to reduce dirt indoors

jchavezriva

Observation towers would be really good.

A spot where you can only command the pawn to enter, but not to move or do anything on it, like with the transport pods. That way the devs dont have to deal with the Z-levels issues Tynan mentioned.

People on a Rimworld would love to know in advance when are dangerous events going to happen, so they would definitely build one irl.

It could be useful to know with a few hours in advance when are raids or manhunting packs going to come.
Perhaps it could also be useful to study the weather after an upgrade.

If the devs think it would make the game too easy or something, they could add a chance for it to fall down at any moment directly proportional to the construction skill of the builder.

Or they could add options to do observation drones to do all the above.

ciomegu

The cheapest ideas huh...

*Vacuum cleaner - +100% cleaning speed;
*Tool(Swiss knife,hammer, you name it) - +50% work speed(5 steel to make at FUELED SMITHY or electric);
*MORE RESTRICTIONS - In the restriction tab,make it so we can add more restrictions, so we can add something like when to eat, because in late game when you have 30 colonists they will literally suffer from starvation on a 8 hour work schedule (or add food at drug policies and we gucci).I ask for this because when my colonists travels half a map to get something and they get hungry,they stop they eat then they turn around and do something else, so annoying.
*Strict option - in the restriction tab, so if this is ticked, and we can tick it on any of the 4(work,sleep,anything,joy) and if I change priority in work tab they literally drop what ever they are doing and start on what you put them to do.
*FORMATIONS - call it tactic when the colonist is drafted(3 Lines,cube,spaced or default).

If the last 3 are made I'm pretty sure the mods can take care of the rest.

NeverPire

Quote from: fear_the_cheese on February 10, 2018, 03:17:38 PM
A welcome mat to reduce dirt indoors
We really need this one. I recommand you to create a separated suggestion thread for it.
Just because I really want to have it in game.

NeverPire

Quote from: jchavezriva on February 11, 2018, 01:48:02 PM
People on a Rimworld would love to know in advance when are dangerous events going to happen, so they would definitely build one irl.

It could be useful to know with a few hours in advance when are raids or manhunting packs going to come.
Perhaps it could also be useful to study the weather after an upgrade.

If the devs think it would make the game too easy or something, they could add a chance for it to fall down at any moment directly proportional to the construction skill of the builder.

Or they could add options to do observation drones to do all the above.
Detailed thread about this one : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37614.msg384917#msg384917

AndrewArt

How about animals hauling food to prisoners?

Bolgfred

Haemophilia trait... ...and Stoneborn! The opposite of haemophilia. This makes sense and is medical proofed.

airsickness would be cool aswell. After a drop pod jump some people feel sick like after kryo
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

sick puppy

Quote from: AndrewArt on February 13, 2018, 05:38:14 AM
How about animals hauling food to prisoners?
already works. just designate a spot for food in the prison and allow your pets to haul food there. ideally, you only allow meals because they only stack until 10 and then you use wargs for that because they dont steal the food as they only eat fresh meat and corpses. you can let those badboys walk around your non-meat-parts of your fridge and the prison aswell.