Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OFWG

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 04, 2017, 02:57:14 AM
Solution:

Forbid all apparel that is not made of mufallo wool or devilstrand, or isn't a human leather duster.

Extreme micro is not a solution, it's a workaround for a missing feature.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

b0rsuk

Give me a way to estimate caravan travel time to a destination without forming an actual caravan. Assigning a person to a caravan, waiting him for leave the map, then right clicking at a destination is awkward.

Lurmey

Quote from: VouLT on February 23, 2017, 06:03:01 PM
Idea: Have Weapons on the Outfit Dialog

Reason: Why not allow me to create an outfit that includes equipment such as a Sniper or Assault Rifle or Long-sword? I would have 3 Outfits (for lack of a better name) for each which would allow me to re-use the same Colonist for different situations. This also reduces/eliminates the need for the me to micromanagement the weapons via Force Drop and 'Go pick up'. If the default Allow would be ALL, the behaviour would be exactly as of A16.

Plus: Equipment could be tracked exactly as Apparel, meaning, if I changed the Outfit on the Assign tab (with different weapon) the colonist would automatically go drop the current weapon and fetch the new one.

Combat Realism (soon to be Combat Extended afaik) does exactly this.

Venge

This has probably been said before, but restricting the quality of the meal people can it, like with medicine. I.e select my prisoners to feed simple meals and not my lavish meals.

b0rsuk

When there's a an animal marked for hunting nearby, and you draft a colonist with animals, and you release those animals, your animals should go and attack the one marked for hunting.

SpaceDorf

Add the Temperature to the information that is displayed for Temperature Changing Items like Steam Geysirs, Power Plants, input and output of coolers ..

This would help to better account for their impact on the environment.
And as a larger change this could make them more dangerous as sources for fire
and injuries for colonists.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Lurmey

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 05, 2017, 02:20:50 AM
When there's a an animal marked for hunting nearby, and you draft a colonist with animals, and you release those animals, your animals should go and attack the one marked for hunting.
Oh yes please. I asked for this a while ago.

ja7833

Ability to craft clothing that protects from toxic fallout.  Ability to grow coffee beans: small joy and movement bonus without negative side-effects.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

Venge

This has also probably been said but smart stacking items. I'm sitting here looking at my stockpile with 1 silver taking up a spot, 33 silver in another, and so on. And there's no way to re-haul that to move it together unless you want to make another stockpile with higher priority and move between, which is just a waste.

giannikampa

give EACH leather slightly different values
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

SpaceDorf

Quote from: giannikampa on March 06, 2017, 04:21:40 AM
give EACH leather slightly different values

I think you mistook this for the Bad suggestions Thread :-D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aerial

Quote from: Venge on March 06, 2017, 12:16:40 AM
This has also probably been said but smart stacking items. I'm sitting here looking at my stockpile with 1 silver taking up a spot, 33 silver in another, and so on. And there's no way to re-haul that to move it together unless you want to make another stockpile with higher priority and move between, which is just a waste.

I'm not sure this counts as a cheap idea since I think it would take more than an hour of work to complete, but we wantsss this, preciousss.

I've started referring to it as inventory defragmentation.  I'd like a new work type of "organize inventory" that can have bills assigning priority to specific stockpiles.  Then the pawns go and consolidate and organize the items in that stockpile as best they can.

b0rsuk

If there's a notable traveller or a few travellers with high Animals skill, they should often have a random animal pet with them. An aardvark, a quokka, a moose etc.

quadroman1

Tweak to people dying mood debuff:

Instead of people getting over a person's death all at once, maybe it could decay over the same amount of time.  Could maybe be balanced by making the initial debuff larger.  Really weird/annoying waiting for my cranky colonist to get over their fiancee's death on a specific day.

AngleWyrm

Cheap Suggestion
Move the text notification box down a bit, so that it doesn't interfere with seeing and interacting with the pawn icons that run along the top of the screen.

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh