Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diavid

A doormat!

It can be made out of cotton or wool. All people that walk over it will be dramatically reduced in speed for a short time but they will get cleaner feet. (Maybe dirt dirt under the feet will be reduced by 75% or so)

spidermonk

Battle log for turrets. It would be nice to see turret's contribution to mowing down goddamn tribals.

AileTheAlien

The research name "flak armor" should be something like "flak clothing", and the description of the "machining" research should have "flak vest" instead of "slak armor". Right now, "flak armor" is a bit ambiguous - it means either the jackets, pants, or vests.

Upon finishing this research, it appears vests are under the flak armor research. The description of the machining research just needs to have a couple words deleted... :)

EDIT 2:
Bionic stomachs (or maybe a new "archotech" one? :D ) should be immune to food poisoning. :)

atagar

Another quick idea that came to mind: it might be fun for the late game if there were more craftable upgrades similar to component => advanced component. For instance, additional mortar/IED options could be...

* High-Explosive Shell + 10 Steel + 5 Chemfuel => High-Yield Shell (2x damage)
* High-Explosive Shell + 5 Steel + Component => Guided Shell (high accuracy)
* High-Explosive Shell + 20 Stone => Shrapnel Shell (triple AOE but less impact against armor)
* High-Yield Shell + 15 Plasteel + 10 Uranium + Advanced Component => Nuclear shell (high damage and area, but irradiates area for a few weeks)
* Incendiary Shell + 10 Steel + 5 Chemfuel => Napalm Shell (fires created 3x harder to extinguish)
* Firefoam Shell + 10 Wort => Tar Shell (halts movement for seven seconds)
* Firefoam Shell + 10 Psychoid Leaves => Hallucigen Shell (-50 mood to trigger mental breaks)

Just food for thought. Haven't a clue how balanced any of these are, just meant this as a generic suggestion to add more craftable upgrades.

WoesteWam

-Beartraps, just a few traps that you can place anywhere, be it outside your base against raiders, or just somewhere on the map for hunting. When an animal steps in the trap it should automatically be marked for hunting, as its an easy meal. Larger animals would get stuck in it whereas smaller animals (excluding squirrels and other small animals that wouldn't be able to activate the trap) have possibility of getting their leg cut off. (I do Know there is a mod that adds beartraps, I just feel like it is something that should be basegame)
-Disarming traps (right now the only way to disarm them is to activate it and pulling out your hand really quick, which isn't always without accidents). Usually you would only need traps when getting raided, so there's no point in them being active when not needed.

Mosch6

One thing what i realy miss: Ammo for all weapons (hand guns,bow and turrets at example).
You can craft the ammo on special work bench und the enemy use it too.

The second thing: All people must use tool or the can`t cut a tree or make mining or something else.

The third thing:The bows shot bullets? WTF?? Please fix this. With the sound is the same problem.

The fourth thing:Please more weapons and furniture.

Sorry for my bad english i am from Austria, this is not my native language.

scorlew

Quote from: atagar on July 29, 2018, 07:53:25 PM
Another quick idea that came to mind: it might be fun for the late game if there were more craftable upgrades similar to component => advanced component. For instance, additional mortar/IED options could be...

[snippage]

* Incendiary Shell + 10 Steel + 5 Chemfuel => Napalm Shell (fires created 3x harder to extinguish)

Yes, yes, yes.  Please, oh please, Santa?  <whine>

Might not meet the "inexpensive" test, but I really want this.  <weg>
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

AileTheAlien

1. Boomalopes should yield some chemfuel when butchered. Maybe 1-2 milking's worth, so it's a trade-off - fast fuel (plus meat and leather) right now in emergencies, or slower / consistent fuel if you farm them. Boomrats are too small to be milked, but maybe they could also yield a very small amount of chemfuel on butchering? Would incentivize farming this dangerous resource. :)

EDIT:
Hmm...wait this doesn't make sense as-is, because boomalopes and boomrats explode when slaughtered... :S

2. Harvestable animals should show (approximately) how long it takes to get a full yield from them. e.g. X days to get Y camel-hair, or V days to get W chemfuel. Sort of like how plants show this info. :)

Yeol

Another cheap idea:
Pawns take into account their physical state when deciding what to do. When a pawn is shivering of the cold or worst, he will try to seek a warm place to warm up. When a pawn is overheating, he will look for shadow and cool shelter, etc. The player can override this by giving explicit orders, but the pawn has some self-protecting when deciding what chores to do. It's no fun baby-sitting them all the time in extreme climatic situations, to avoid them to seek suicidal actions (= not seeking self-protection when things go bad).

and yet another cheap idea:
soaking wet has an effect depending of the temperature: when it's freezing, soaking wet gives a negative buff (the colder the more negative), and makes freezing effect worst. When it's hot, soaking wet gives a positive buff (mood), and helps against overheating. Some linear behaviour between the extreme cases might be considered

anotherrimworld

An option to choose 15% world coverage. I'd like to conquer the world. 5% gives too few settlements and is too small. 30% would take forever to do

AileTheAlien

Right now, it's too hard to easily see the difference between non-violent pawns and no-weapon pawns, without drafting them, or looking at their gear tab. Pawns without weapons equipped should show an icon of what their fists / arms are, where the weapon icon would go. For example, normal pawns get a hand, pawns with power claws get a claw, bionic arms get a robo-arm. Heck, I'd take a plain square, with the words "Bare Fists" (although this one already has an icon, the "melee" icon), "Power Claw", "Bionic Arm", "Archotech Arm". Non-biolent pawns get "Non-Violent". :)

GIGIO23

adding more factions that you can start as, and not just as "new arrivals" or "new tribe",
for example one that starts you without any reaserch

bobucles

Increase the nutrition value of chocolate. Last I checked a candy bar was hundreds of calories. The way nutrition works is that pawns will grab enough food to feed themselves, and currently that means eating a mountain of chocolate. That's way too much gluttony! It's already very difficult to acquire.

Samm

Ice walls for the ability to do more and survive longer on ice sheets.  Lose durability when the average of the temperature on either side is above 0, or something.  Made in place potentially, or from gathering snow.

Samm

Spay/neuter animals operation