[W | 0.2.363] Mining 'cave entances' Bugged? [usability]

Started by WolfenRayneGames, March 06, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfenRayneGames

Having an issue while mining out the mountain areas where roofs are. They will get so far and at the start of the cave 'wall' will dropped roof sections that stick in place no matter how much I mine them (even to the extent of falling back down ontop of my Miners)

I was clearing out a huge section of the mountain to make my colony area a bit more uniform and the start of where the 'roof' is to the mined area would glitch and keep dropping parts in the same exact spot. Two different locations this has killed off my miners because they would dig out the rocks and more would fall down in the exact spots repeatedly.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Semmy

Those pieces most likely arent glitched.
If you look at the places where rock comes back down you will see thick roof above it.
Its simply rock collapsing back down (-:
The mountain there either needs to be supported (about 7 tiles) or it collapses back down.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

WolfenRayneGames

aah alright. I did not realize there was a 'layered' thickness to the programming of the mountain. Also, ah, that is going to take a while then XP

oniryuuko

When this happens, you're supposed to receive a red message telling you that the roof has collapsed. This indicates inadequate support for said roof (the only reason a roof can collapse, real life or not). Basically, as you're mining, just occasionally leave 1x1 rock pillars or build a 1x1 wall to hold up the roof until you move on to properly building in that area.