[MODPACK] (Alpha 5) All In One Mod Pack (ON HOLD)

Started by Jerethi50, July 16, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsaken1111

Quote from: xyereth on July 18, 2014, 02:53:26 AM
I loaded up this mod, after just buying the game, and it froze on closing the mods screen, and now the game will not start, will just blackscreen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Did you disable the core mod? Because that's what happens when you disable the core mod.

Killaim

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 18, 2014, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: Killaim on July 18, 2014, 10:17:10 AM
suddenly all wild food plants are gone - and muffalos and other wild life is not really respawning super quickly if at all.

I could use some more information, like what type of map generated for you, if you have been harvesting the wild plants a lot, or have there been a lot of fires burning them, things like that. also what type of plants you had to start with and what type of wildlife, so on and so forth.

Valley map - diddent farm any of the wild plants, very few rats squirrels and boomrats muffalo havent respawned in a long time

the map has had a bit of fire and siegde bombardments

i am also using the High population Story teller from Pop+

Undecided

I'm having similar issues as the last guy.

By year 2 most events seemed to have stopped occurring completely. By this I mean no trader visits, no raider or pirate attacks, no sieges, no visits by neighbours, no meteor strikes, and possibly no plant spawning (no harvest-able wild plants, but no large animal population that could have consumed it all). All this for an entire year and counting...

Winter map, large size. PC more than powerful enough to handle it, though. No other mods than this modpack. I tried reloading a save back when I first started this particular map (only a week or two in), and events started again, but once again slowed down and eventually stopped completely around early year 2.

Xyereth

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 18, 2014, 11:10:02 AM
I loaded up this mod, after just buying the game, and it froze on closing the mods screen, and now the game will not start, will just blackscreen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Did you disable the core mod? Because that's what happens when you disable the core mod.

No, I didn't disable the core mod. I just dragged the folder out of the .zip into my mods folder an started up rimworld and activated it. I deleted the game and loaded a fresh version from the saved zip and tried again, same result.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Undecided on July 18, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

By year 2 most events seemed to have stopped occurring completely. By this I mean no trader visits, no raider or pirate attacks, no sieges, no visits by neighbours, no meteor strikes, and possibly no plant spawning (no harvest-able wild plants, but no large animal population that could have consumed it all). All this for an entire year and counting...

Winter map, large size. PC more than powerful enough to handle it, though. No other mods than this modpack. I tried reloading a save back when I first started this particular map (only a week or two in), and events started again, but once again slowed down and eventually stopped completely around early year 2.

I find that very odd, I dont know whats causeing it but i will look into it the best of my ability.

Undecided

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 18, 2014, 02:16:36 PM
Quote from: Undecided on July 18, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

I find that very odd, I dont know whats causeing it but i will look into it the best of my ability.

I know it's not your fault, since merging several mods -- let alone trying to debug them and their interactions -- must be really hard. So no worries if you can't find it, especially if others aren't experiencing it.

I mostly posted here to see if anyone anyone else suffering from similar issues with their modpack, to help determine if it was genuinely a mod bug or just a problem with my own PC and game client. Anyone here play long games (2 years+) and have had the same issue?

Or alternatively, maybe if someone hears of similar issues in one of the submods' individual threads, perhaps we can discover which submod is the culprit of this issue if it is a bug.

Killaim

same with random randy - doesent really feel random more - activity....activity ..less..less...no activity

Undecided

I think I may have found the issue.

Since events are determined by the storyteller, I tried comparing two game save files from before and after events stopped, specifically examining the storyteller and storywatcher parts of the file.

In the game where events stopped, I noticed the <numThreatsQueued> value began to skyrocket; at <timeUnpaused> 5000 it was only 3, but at 25000 it was 18.  <numRaidsEnemy> also had a similarly large increase. I suspect some sort of event is running and hasn't ended, which prevents other events from occurring... does the game engine force events to queue one at a time or can multiple ones happen simultaneously? Is this sort of increase normal?

EDIT: Console log lists something like 20+ occurences of stuff along the lines of: "DropThingsNear failed to find a place to drop <Name> near (12,0,2). Dropping on random square instead." Not sure if this is normal for event generation or not, so mentioned it just in case. It's worth noting these coordinates are an empty location on the map, so shouldn't be blocked...

EDIT2: Definitely appears related to raid spawning. I opened developer mode and tried force-running a random event (meteor strike) to see if it could "reset" the queue. Ran it and just waited. Two minutes later, a raid with a crazy amount of people (like 100+ pawns) spawned from a neighbouring faction.

Jerethi50

Wow, O.o Any idea what could be causeing that though ?

Jerethi50

Quote from: xyereth on July 18, 2014, 01:37:29 PM
Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 18, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

No, I didn't disable the core mod. I just dragged the folder out of the .zip into my mods folder an started up rimworld and activated it. I deleted the game and loaded a fresh version from the saved zip and tried again, same result.

Ok, go to here "Rimworld\RimWorld496Win\RimWorld496Win_Data" and copy the contents of the output.log, post it up here if you would, make sure if you removed my mod to add it back, try to run it again, to where it locks up, then post the contents of that file.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Undecided on July 18, 2014, 04:19:37 PM
I think I may have found the issue.

Since events are determined by the storyteller, I tried comparing two game save files from before and after events stopped, specifically examining the storyteller and storywatcher parts of the file.

In the game where events stopped, I noticed the <numThreatsQueued> value began to skyrocket; at <timeUnpaused> 5000 it was only 3, but at 25000 it was 18.  <numRaidsEnemy> also had a similarly large increase. I suspect some sort of event is running and hasn't ended, which prevents other events from occurring... does the game engine force events to queue one at a time or can multiple ones happen simultaneously? Is this sort of increase normal?

EDIT: Console log lists something like 20+ occurences of stuff along the lines of: "DropThingsNear failed to find a place to drop <Name> near (12,0,2). Dropping on random square instead." Not sure if this is normal for event generation or not, so mentioned it just in case. It's worth noting these coordinates are an empty location on the map, so shouldn't be blocked...

EDIT2: Definitely appears related to raid spawning. I opened developer mode and tried force-running a random event (meteor strike) to see if it could "reset" the queue. Ran it and just waited. Two minutes later, a raid with a crazy amount of people (like 100+ pawns) spawned from a neighbouring faction.

Would you mind terribly sending me a pm or email with both save game files ? so i can take a look at it all.

Jerethi50

On Another note, None of the assemblies seems to touch dropods or the dropthingsnear command in assembleycsharp, I have checked every single assembly, that doesnt neccisarly mean something in the mod pack isnt inadvertently causeing raid drops to fail however, Ill keep looking into it.

Undecided

The first save game was one before I noticed serious issues with events (B04). The second one is the one that was bugged for a while before I saved (B07).

These are the only two events I've seen trigger on my bugged save:
- ShipPartCrash
- RaidEnemy

All others have failed to occur even once over a period of about two years I kept playing. No trader visits, no neighbour visits, no pod crashes, no solar flares, eclipses, meteor impacts, etc.

Ignore the 100+ pawn thing I mentioned earlier. I thought the reason I was getting no events was because I was playing with an easy storyteller, so I cranked up the AI's difficulty settings, which is why it sent huge raids at me. Forgot I did that. But both these game files I'm uploading now have not been edited, nor tampered with using in-game debug mode.

Save B04 (unbugged): http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93076236844464912774
Save B07 (bugged): http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=64333945889937038979

bradley364

You guys might want to look into Popcap+ as it had a very similar problem.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2157.0

It seems that events are generated based on how many colonists you have. If one of the mods changed this value, that could be the culprit.

Undecided

Quote from: bradley364 on July 19, 2014, 02:29:51 AM
You guys might want to look into Popcap+ as it had a very similar problem.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2157.0

It seems that events are generated based on how many colonists you have. If one of the mods changed this value, that could be the culprit.

That seems feasible. This modpack includes one with the ability to manufacture robot colonists, which could probably mess with functions relating to the intended population cap. I'll play around testing various values and see if I can confirm this theory.