Better pneumatic picks

Started by Splinterbee, August 10, 2014, 11:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinterbee

This is a simple idea, but maybe pneumatic picks can also reduce the amount of rock rubble that spawns when you dig or maybe there could be a new research project that allows less rocks to be spawned when your digging a cave home?

Tell me what u think
Video games, are pretty good

bobucles

Is it not disturbing enough that there are fewer rocks inside a frickin' mountain than you can find sitting on the grass?

vagineer1

Quote from: bobucles on August 11, 2014, 07:47:50 AM
Is it not disturbing enough that there are fewer rocks inside a frickin' mountain than you can find sitting on the grass?

I think that the amount of rock chunks that spawn on land should be drastically reduced whilst rocks that spawn in a mountain should be significantly increased.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Somz

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 11, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

I think that the amount of rock chunks that spawn on land should be drastically reduced whilst rocks that spawn in a mountain should be significantly increased.

Indeed, I agree. Even though it can be annoying, it should be.
Besides, I for example am using most of the rock chunks for floor tiles and stone walls (extra, inflammable wall layer), reducing the amount mining gives would make things a lot more complicated.

A quick solution would be (and oh boy, I might open a threat about it) a rock "crematory", a fast rock crusher that would turn rocks into a lot of dirt on the floor, maybe sand resource for sandbags
(if and when the resource will have a place in the core game).
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Splinterbee

Quote from: Cyst on August 11, 2014, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 11, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

Indeed, I agree. Even though it can be annoying, it should be.
Besides, I for example am using most of the rock chunks for floor tiles and stone walls (extra, inflammable wall layer), reducing the amount mining gives would make things a lot more complicated.

A quick solution would be (and oh boy, I might open a threat about it) a rock "crematory", a fast rock crusher that would turn rocks into a lot of dirt on the floor, maybe sand resource for sandbags
(if and when the resource will have a place in the core game).
you should make a suggestion about a rock crematory. I like it :D
Video games, are pretty good

BetaSpectre

Honestly I feel like digging into a mountain should have a 100% chance of dropping slag. It may be annoying but IRL mining is too, the rock has to go somewhere.

Also maybe the game should be a little slower paced, or the pace should be dictated by the player.

However, I'm sure plenty of people like the system as is it just needs a cap at one point.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO