[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severik

what do i have to research for Iron-/PLAsteel Leaf? or did u remove them completely?

dismar

Quote from: Severik on April 13, 2016, 01:17:22 PM
what do i have to research for Iron-/PLAsteel Leaf? or did u remove them completely?
They are with the electric smelter research now.

But i I'm not sure if they are going to stay there. I might give them a lesser research earier.

Thoughts? ☺

WHiZ

warning... don't update to 3.5b...

I lost 3 hrs of gameplay in autosaves saves that didn't save after upgrading... i just downgraded back to 3.5 and the saving works again..

not sure what in the mod could make the saves look like they are working but not actually work, but there seems to be a glitch...

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on April 13, 2016, 02:36:33 PM
warning... don't update to 3.5b...

I lost 3 hrs of gameplay in autosaves saves that didn't save after upgrading... i just downgraded back to 3.5 and the saving works again..

not sure what in the mod could make the saves look like they are working but not actually work, but there seems to be a glitch...

Hmm thats odd the only change to 3.5a to b was traders were updated

So the game not saving correctly?

WHiZ

i dont understand it either i woudnt imagine anything you could do should effect the saves.. but at least for me they did... the timestamps and data in them never updated.. even doin a manual save... no errors or such... rebooted... same problem.. downgraded the mod... worked again..

dismar

WHiZ

Quote from: dismar on April 13, 2016, 04:16:51 PM
Hmmmm are you upgrading from a to b?

i had gone from 3.5 to 3.5b on alpha 13 which is when the problem started.

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on April 13, 2016, 04:21:34 PM

Well 3.5a changed a lot of things might have been enough  to break the game I'll test later tonight!

WHiZ

Quote from: dismar on April 13, 2016, 04:30:16 PM

Well 3.5a changed a lot of things might have been enough  to break the game I'll test later tonight!

As always, thank you for your dedication and work on it. Yeah the problem could be from 3.5a since i skipped that one. Hopefully you can reproduce the issue, if not let me know what you'd like me to try.

mo0504

Hey dismar,
can you add the option in the medicine table for crafting glitterworld medicine? That would be fantastic...

dismar

Quote from: mo0504 on April 13, 2016, 06:25:50 PM
Hey dismar,
can you add the option in the medicine table for crafting glitterworld medicine? That would be fantastic...
The only reason Glitterworld  meds isn't on the table yet, is I haven't thought of a good balanced recipe for it.

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on April 13, 2016, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: dismar on April 13, 2016, 04:30:16 PM

As always, thank you for your dedication and work on it. Yeah the problem could be from 3.5a since i skipped that one. Hopefully you can reproduce the issue, if not let me know what you'd like me to try.

Well i started a new game with 3.5 and played for 2 hours in a pre-made base. Then saved and exited. Deleted the veg garden 3.5 folder and installed 3.5b. Loaded my game back up to the few errors one gets from doing that. And played for another 2ish hours, Game saved fine and auto saves worked as well :(

WHiZ

Well i started a new game with 3.5 and played for 2 hours in a pre-made base. Then saved and exited. Deleted the veg garden 3.5 folder and installed 3.5b. Loaded my game back up to the few errors one gets from doing that. And played for another 2ish hours, Game saved fine and auto saves worked as well :(

=/.. i'll try it again in dev mode so i can watch for errors and report back..

WHiZ

same problem.. won't save

upon load in 3.5b gave errors about weaving..

upon trying to save... i transcribed this:

exception while saving map: system.nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to an instance of and object at rimworld.taledata  def.exposedata() [0x000001 in <filename unknown>:0

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on April 14, 2016, 12:45:19 AM
same problem.. won't save

upon load in 3.5b gave errors about weaving..

upon trying to save... i transcribed this:

exception while saving map: system.nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to an instance of and object at rimworld.taledata  def.exposedata() [0x000001 in <filename unknown>:0

well thats likely from something being on the map that isn't in the defs anymore. lol It could be anything that I changed! and it's invisible so that should help you find it.

SO I'm going to say the 3.5b is not save game friendly. Or at least use at your own risk.

But I will give you the new traderdefs file so you can trade Cooking stuff.
All you have to do is delete the traderkinddefs fold in my mod's thingdef and replace it with this one.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]