[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry The Hellbound

Hello, so i've been loving this mod, while its stacks are 10 and such, i have a huge, HUGE farm, i used to grow beans, wheat, small amount of oats (that over took weed ahem, smokeleaf) grapes, cocoa and tomatoes. However now i stopped growing those and depend more on the trees, such as coconuts, olives, peaches, date and sugarcane.
TL: DR
My food problems are long gone, however lately ive been having an over flow of fruit, getting to the thousands of food units (unit = 1 on the stack) so i started canning fruits. All well's and good but the only problem is that my colonists keep picking up the huge stacks of the around of 130+ stacks, disabling me to use them when i want to use them for lavish meals or anything that requires veggie nutrition.
I get that the take a meal, like a cookie or something for the long run so they can eat if they get trapped or something. but... "checks his colonits" you shouldnt take 11 cans of vegetables (fruits) with you casually.
Sometimes i find one of my colonits litelary weighting at 136kg thanks to the cans. "checks again" Chef here, has 56 canned vegetables (fruits) and a lavish meal with her.

Hope this is seen as constructive instead of me raveing on the mod, because i love the mod, but i just cant help but think that it looks like i am.
As a joke, how moral would canning human meat be? because ive been having an overflow of humans going into the butchers lately for my wargs, along with this, can they still eat these canned meats? *honestly jokingly not joking*

dismar

Quote from: Jerry The Hellbound on January 07, 2017, 10:29:54 PM
Hello, so i've been loving this mod, while its stacks are 10 and such, i have a huge, HUGE farm, i used to grow beans, wheat, small amount of oats (that over took weed ahem, smokeleaf) grapes, cocoa and tomatoes. However now i stopped growing those and depend more on the trees, such as coconuts, olives, peaches, date and sugarcane.
TL: DR
My food problems are long gone, however lately ive been having an over flow of fruit, getting to the thousands of food units (unit = 1 on the stack) so i started canning fruits. All well's and good but the only problem is that my colonists keep picking up the huge stacks of the around of 130+ stacks, disabling me to use them when i want to use them for lavish meals or anything that requires veggie nutrition.
I get that the take a meal, like a cookie or something for the long run so they can eat if they get trapped or something. but... "checks his colonits" you shouldnt take 11 cans of vegetables (fruits) with you casually. Sometimes i find one of my colonits litelary weighting at 136kg thanks to the cans. "checks again" Chef here, has 56 canned vegetables (fruits) and a lavish meal with her.

What version of the mod you using? That was fixed in like 5.3a

Jerry The Hellbound

I quoute:

Vegetable Garden v5.3 ~0.16.1393
Oh dear, so i redownloaded it, and such. but now it just simply broke my save
Could not load reference to Verse.RecipeDef named Make_Neutroamine
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNode(XmlNode)
Verse.Scribe_Defs:LookDef(RecipeDef&, String)
RimWorld.Bill:ExposeData()
RimWorld.Bill_Production:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:LookList(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:LookList(List`1&, String, LookMode, Object[])
RimWorld.BillStack:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(BillStack&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(BillStack&, String, Object[])
RimWorld.Building_WorkTable:ExposeData()
Verse.Map:ExposeData()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Bill.GetUniqueLoadID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefResolver.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Not all loadIDs which were read were consumed. 917 singles and 917 lists remain.
Verse.LoadIDsWantedBank:ConfirmClear()
Verse.CrossRefResolver:Clear()
Verse.GameAndMapInitExceptionHandlers:ErrorWhileLoadingGame(Exception)

Trying a reload of the code by uninstalling and reinstalling. Nope, didnt work :/ i guess ill just have to uninstall from the save then reinstall. Ill debug everything lost. No dice on anything. It just won't load. What am i doing wrong here? Im thinking the Make_Neutromine is the main culprit but i dont know how to fix it.
Boy o' boy, im diving into the files just to see what i can do.

THE WONDERS OF A SINGLE LINE CAN CHANGE HOW THE GAME WORKS
just simply me renameing VG_Neutromine to Make_Neutromine fixed it

Lanid

There is no Language folder. I dunno how to make it.Am I supposed to translate Def folders and then you'll make a Language folder?

Palypso

The new sprites look awesome. The old ones were pretty shit to be honest.

dismar

Quote from: Palypso on January 08, 2017, 03:27:22 PM
The new sprites look awesome. The old ones were pretty shit to be honest.

Thanks I made those

asquirrel

Quote from: dismar on January 06, 2017, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on January 06, 2017, 08:59:01 AM
Proposed suggestion: Change the buff given by the bowl of stew with pizza.
bowl of steel ;)

gross :) anyway "stew" is a generic name for many foods... like chili, curry, goulash, and many many other stew like. It's really what you put into it you know!

Quote from: asquirrel on January 06, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
Problem with cooking tools.  It seems to be inactive for me even though I have it near a stove.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks! :)

Yeah what other mods you have that might over write it..i'll pop into a game and look

Thanks Dismar and carpediembr.  I'm attaching a link to my log files. 
https://gist.github.com/01680f22c964e54a1a31d0351501c3b7
I've got a metric crap TON of mods running, so I don't know what the conflict is.

Things that I think might conflict (but nothing showing up when I start Rimworld):
CK_AnimalPlant_Pack_A16_fork-1.3.1.1-A16 (has a few new ingredients like Dreamvine and I think a few other new veggies)
Cooks Can Refuel
Easy Kibble
FeedTheColonists-A16
GouRIMet 1.0
Miniaturisation (by Notfood)
Miniaturisation-0.16.1 (by hwfanatic)
VanillaVegetationPlus (by Primalord - Simple unlocker for all vanilla plant life in rimworld)
Vegetable Garden 5.3 (your mod)
WM Smarter food selection

I just updated vegetable garden again (5.3d) and moved it to the end of my mod load list, hoping that would sort it out.  No luck. 

Curious question for you modder guys.  How many mods can Rimworld support?  I've got an I-5 running at 4.0ghz with 8gb of ram.  GTX 480 (yeah I know, old card).  My game is starting to slow to a crawl.  What would help boost the speed?  More ram?  Faster video card?  I'd hate to upgrade to an i-7 for this game, since that would be an expensive upgrade and I don't know what the overclock would be on the new chip.   Thanks!

Fafn1r

Dismar what's modpack policy for Vegetable Garden? I'd love to include it in mine, but there's no info about license for reuploading and modifying. :(

Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 03:47:30 PM
Curious question for you modder guys.  How many mods can Rimworld support?  I've got an I-5 running at 4.0ghz with 8gb of ram.  GTX 480 (yeah I know, old card).  My game is starting to slow to a crawl.  What would help boost the speed?  More ram?  Faster video card?  I'd hate to upgrade to an i-7 for this game, since that would be an expensive upgrade and I don't know what the overclock would be on the new chip.   Thanks!

Having lots of mods just increases loading times, which isn't a big deal. Aside from special cases, they don't use a lot CPU or other resources. I'm running Rimworld with around 90 mods on a laptop with Celeron, integrated graphics card and 4GB of RAM and it's running fine as long as there aren't too many pawns/animals on the map and I'm not running multiple colonies.

If you want to upgrade, CPU is what matters most for Rimworld.

asquirrel

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 08, 2017, 04:06:30 PM
Dismar what's modpack policy for Vegetable Garden? I'd love to include it in mine, but there's no info about license for reuploading and modifying. :(

Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 03:47:30 PM

Having lots of mods just increases loading times, which isn't a big deal. Aside from special cases, they don't use a lot CPU or other resources. I'm running Rimworld with around 90 mods on a laptop with Celeron, integrated graphics card and 4GB of RAM and it's running fine as long as there aren't too many pawns/animals on the map and I'm not running multiple colonies.

If you want to upgrade, CPU is what matters most for Rimworld.

Thanks Fafn1r for that info.  Maybe I have some scripts that are fighting with each other and dragging the game down to a crawl.  But it's weird though, because after a while it recovers.  But then it goes back.  I'm no programmer so I have no clue what's going on! :)

dismar

QuoteDismar what's modpack policy for Vegetable Garden? I'd love to include it in mine, but there's no info about license for reuploading and modifying.

Simple you send me a PM asking to use it. I normally ask to describe your pack a little bit when you request useage. Then I only ask the you have proper Credits in your modpack and a link back here.

Pretty simple!

dismar

Quote from: asquirrel on January 06, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
Problem with cooking tools.  It seems to be inactive for me even though I have it near a stove.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks! :)

Yeah what other mods you have that might over write it..i'll pop into a game and look
[/quote]

Thanks Dismar and carpediembr.  I'm attaching a link to my log files. 
https://gist.github.com/01680f22c964e54a1a31d0351501c3b7
I've got a metric crap TON of mods running, so I don't know what the conflict is.

Things that I think might conflict (but nothing showing up when I start Rimworld):
CK_AnimalPlant_Pack_A16_fork-1.3.1.1-A16 (has a few new ingredients like Dreamvine and I think a few other new veggies)
Cooks Can Refuel
Easy Kibble
FeedTheColonists-A16
GouRIMet 1.0
Miniaturisation (by Notfood)
Miniaturisation-0.16.1 (by hwfanatic)
VanillaVegetationPlus (by Primalord - Simple unlocker for all vanilla plant life in rimworld)
Vegetable Garden 5.3 (your mod)
WM Smarter food selection

I just updated vegetable garden again (5.3d) and moved it to the end of my mod load list, hoping that would sort it out.  No luck. 

[/quote]

The game will support how ever many your PC can handle AND how many play nice together. I have upwards of 50 when I test the garden.

And the issue you are having IS some mod you have listed (there a TON) is changing the Electric Cook Stove that is in my mod. That is were the issue is. I have been looking thru your mods but none of them that I saw had this change in them. There is just a lot and I don't have the time so sort them all!! lol

asquirrel

Thanks Dismar for at least looking at the crap ton of mods I have running (and I just added even more today). If I can figure out which one is causing the conflict I'll let you know. It's got to be some kind of cooking mod, right?  Maybe Gourimet? 

asquirrel

Thanks Dismar for at least looking at the crap ton of mods I have running (and I just added even more today). If I can figure out which one is causing the conflict I'll let you know. It's got to be some kind of cooking mod, right?  Maybe Gourimet?  It wouldn't be one of the bulk meal mods, right?  Or could it?

dismar

Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 09:25:14 PM
Thanks Dismar for at least looking at the crap ton of mods I have running (and I just added even more today). If I can figure out which one is causing the conflict I'll let you know. It's got to be some kind of cooking mod, right?  Maybe Gourimet?  It wouldn't be one of the bulk meal mods, right?  Or could it?

it's just one that changes the electric stove def directly. could be a cooking mod. could be one that just rewrites if to make it movable, etc...

witchyspoon

Quote from: dismar on January 08, 2017, 09:36:10 PM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 09:25:14 PM

it's just one that changes the electric stove def directly. could be a cooking mod. could be one that just rewrites if to make it movable, etc...
it shouldnt be gourimet I only change the meals and do not touch the stove def at all ;)