[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: Trigon on January 30, 2017, 10:09:45 PM
Quote from: noble116 on January 30, 2017, 12:38:09 PM
not sure if anyone has asked this, but could you make Ironwood trees actually provide ironwood instead of just a ton of normal wood, would love to keep that homey cabin feel for my housing without sacrificing their practicality. Thanks for the great mod!
That actually sounds really really interesting. Plank floors that look like iron. Weapons with wood's speed bonus but closer to steel in effectiveness. Like I never thought about it because real ironwood trees are only notable for being exceptionally tough. But hey. We've got uranium bulbs so weirder stuff.

It's s9mething I'll look at. Just need a color.

Tanelorn

[SUGGESTION]  Allow bandage kits to be crafted with other cloths like linen and hemp

This is a major limiting factor to medicine crafting. Cloth is used for so much I am always low. But I often have lots of other textiles.

I tried to go into the mod and enhance the recipes for this, but to my suprise >there is no recipe for bandage kits<! There is an entry that defines the kit but there's no recipe so I can't modify the required ingredients.

If anyone knows how I can make these changes myself please let me know. Of course ideally the mod should do this in a future update. Thanks for any help!

dismar

Quote from: Tanelorn on January 31, 2017, 08:51:40 PM
[SUGGESTION]  Allow bandage kits to be crafted with other cloths like linen and hemp

This is a major limiting factor to medicine crafting. Cloth is used for so much I am always low. But I often have lots of other textiles.

I tried to go into the mod and enhance the recipes for this, but to my suprise >there is no recipe for bandage kits<! There is an entry that defines the kit but there's no recipe so I can't modify the required ingredients.

If anyone knows how I can make these changes myself please let me know. Of course ideally the mod should do this in a future update. Thanks for any help!

I know where the recipe is :) But I am working on this just trying to make sure it's balanced some in terms of cost of materials vs cost of the kits...

Flimflamshabam

Dunno if you saw but I was wondering if you could add the Neutro flowers to the "resource" standalone thing? perhaps also an alternate version of the "tools" that just has the sunlamps? I use and prefer Rainbeau's fertile fields for soil improvement.

I'm curious to try Vegetable garden at some point but its a little intimidating so I'm holding off before I throw a large production chain complexity mod to my food, I have enough trouble trying to get 15+ colonist bases to have decent work priorities so that way hauling and cleaning gets done without impacting other chores too much.

dismar

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 31, 2017, 09:12:55 PM
Dunno if you saw but I was wondering if you could add the Neutro flowers to the "resource" standalone thing? perhaps also an alternate version of the "tools" that just has the sunlamps? I use and prefer Rainbeau's fertile fields for soil improvement.

I'm curious to try Vegetable garden at some point but its a little intimidating so I'm holding off before I throw a large production chain complexity mod to my food, I have enough trouble trying to get 15+ colonist bases to have decent work priorities so that way hauling and cleaning gets done without impacting other chores too much.
Nope I have just enough free time to bug fix this mod. I release one version of each of those mods at the start of alpha and don't touch them again till the next alpha rolls around.

As for the complex nature of the cooking. You can just use the starting crop and cook vanilla meals.. You make it as hard as you want really...

Tanelorn

Quote from: dismar on January 31, 2017, 09:04:41 PM
I know where the recipe is :) But I am working on this just trying to make sure it's balanced some in terms of cost of materials vs cost of the kits...

Personally I think it is too costly both to make bandages and to make medicine from them. Remember first you have cotton, then someone has to weave it to cloth, then you have to make bandages from it. THEN you have to make medicine from it. The herbal medicine is requiring 5 bandage kits, which is pretty crazy. I think the cloth needed for bandage kits is high too. Remember this not only requires many steps of refinement, that all takes time from your pawns as well. I have a pretty big colony but for early and mid game you are really limited in manpower. Considering how the vanilla makes herbal medicine unrealistically with it simply coming from healroot in the field... your approach is far superior but probably too costly.

FadingFog

Please, could you add folder with ready english translation for translation into another language capabilities?

Mst

Can somebody please explain my what it means? Config error in RawCHFood_Meat: RawCHFood_Meat has destroyOnDrop but not menuHidden.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Type ModInitializer probably needs a StaticConstructorOnStartup attribute, because it has a field obj of type GameObject. All assets must be loaded in the main thread.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:ReportProbablyMissingAttributes()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__6F8()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

dismar

not sure Kurt. Never seen that code error before

Mst

must be load order, I'll try to change smth, see what happens
but thanks for response anyway!

dismar

yay! a new version to break your saves!

5.3F build 18

2/2/17
-Red Maple trees added.

2/1/17
-Ironwood created!
- Art, Coding, Flooring for ironwood made.

1/30/17
-soy milk fixed
-campfire recipes fixed
-building bases parents updated
-soil path cost fixed

Tanelorn

Quote from: dismar on January 31, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

While you are at it PLEASE make a craft able pain med for chronic pain from scars, etc. it is badly needed and no a16 mod has one.

Canute

You know most of the VG foods got a modifier Pain 90% ?

Tanelorn

Quote from: Canute on February 03, 2017, 04:04:24 AM
You know most of the VG foods got a modifier Pain 90% ?

A reduction in pain of only 10% is negligible.

Tanelorn

I did it!!!!!!!!

Painkillers from neurotamine. I added Ibuprofen to the mod. 1 dose lasts 1 day and reduces pain to 30% original. Great for chronic pain from scars and injuries.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/87094171447304128/723C475A9752FC83ADAA970E42A26874199BB927/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/87094171447304333/242631DC16334AFAD4E36E470B1B58887FFC5B56/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/87094171447304979/2FE7E620D23E6A544AA9B967E51A3482DA76FDA9/

There's one problem, I could use some modding advice: I can't prescribe it in the scheduled meds section. It doesn't show up.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/87094171447304751/123116A3F44222098423941CA0B23690F93045DC/

I could use advice on this, and perhaps on how to make it carryable and usable without an operation, similar to drinks.

Of course the ultimate solution is for the mod to simply include this. Pain management is a huge part of the game.

<ThingDef ParentName="VG_MakeableDrugPillBase">
    <defName>VG_Ibuprofen</defName>
    <label>Ibuprofen</label>
    <description>A drug for blocking pain. Take every day.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Item/Drug/FluEz</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_StackCount</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <rotatable>false</rotatable>
    <statBases>
      <WorkToMake>200</WorkToMake>
      <MarketValue>32</MarketValue>