[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

Quote from: Sinosauropteryx on January 20, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
- Embrasures are op af. A simple perimeter wall with recessed entrances protected by embrasures makes raids trivially easy. Enemies will lock onto attacking a door, stack up in the hallway, and can be mowed down point-blank without retaliation. Manhunters and thrumbos are even more of a joke, they will run around aimlessly, unable to acquire a target. This is less a problem with the mod and more a problem with the poor AI, which is not trained to handle embrasures. I suppose it's the same problem as killboxes in vanilla.

Seconded.  I didn't use them last play through, because it was effectively cheating. 

We all know if they're pulled somebody will complain of course, and I'm not sure how you'd really address 'em in a reasonable manner.

minakurafto

power armor is too slow, it's like using heavy armor without power

coldcell

Can someone tell me the exact difference between Aimed and Snapshot?

Like if I have a sniper with Careful Shooter trait, should I just put him on Snapshot since his trait will boost his accuracy anyway?

deeperman

skyarkhangel,
answer, somebody has been translated into Russian? I started to do the translation, but I do not want to do double duty!

ответьте, кто нибудь занимается переводом на русский язык? я начал делать перевод, но не хочу делать двойную работу!

deeperman

Here is a sample of my translation in file «Ammo_Shotgun.xml»
I'm a little extended description

Original
12 gauge shell (Slug)
Extremely common shotgun caliber used in almost every application, from hunting over riot control to military firearms.

Мой перевод (my translate)
12 калибр (Бреннеке)
Пуля Бреннеке — одна из наиболее популярных в мире пуль для гладкоствольного охотничьего оружия. Это турбинно-стрелочный тип пуль. Головная часть пули свинцовая, на её боковой поверхности имеются наклонные рёбра. Рёбра весьма тонкие; они легко сминаются при прохождении по стволу, обеспечивая хорошую центровку пули. Хвостовик пули представляет собой пыж толщиной 10-12 мм, соединённый с головной частью с помощью шурупа. Убойность пули хорошая, позволяющая применять её по всем крупным зверям (кабан, медведь и различные олени). В одном из исторических каталогов было сказано, что пуля Бреннеке успешно использовалась на охотах на крупного зверя, даже такого, как лев, тигр и буйвол.

Marduk

Quote from: minakurafto on January 19, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
my pawn with synthread (starter cloth) deflect 4 of 5 hit from grizzily bear, is it imbalanced or not? maybe big wildlife need some boost on their claw (armor penetration)? i thought bear should be more scary , or my pawn just lucky
Combination of lucky and the fact that 100% condition "starter cloth" synthread is actually pretty good as far as armor goes.  It's not devilstrand or hyperweave, but it's only slightly below devilstrand, and definitely better than most leather, normal cloth and so on.

neur0breed

Not sure if this was happening to anyone else, or just me, but the backpack(s) and tactical bags were not actually increasing the bulk of the people who put them on, I ended up going through the code and found that while the Offset is calculated in whether the bag can be picked up, the function to update the inventory doesn't care about it.

If it helps I fixed it by puttingthe following directly after line 156, in the CompInventory.cs file(within the "Add Apparel" if statement):
"apparelWeight -= thing.def.equippedStatOffsets.GetStatOffsetFromList(CR_StatDefOf.CarryWeight);
apparelBulk -= thing.def.equippedStatOffsets.GetStatOffsetFromList(CR_StatDefOf.CarryBulk);"

coldcell

Quote from: neur0breed on January 21, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Not sure if this was happening to anyone else, or just me, but the backpack(s) and tactical bags were not actually increasing the bulk of the people who put them on, I ended up going through the code and found that while the Offset is calculated in whether the bag can be picked up, the function to update the inventory doesn't care about it.

If it helps I fixed it by puttingthe following directly after line 156, in the CompInventory.cs file(within the "Add Apparel" if statement):
"apparelWeight -= thing.def.equippedStatOffsets.GetStatOffsetFromList(CR_StatDefOf.CarryWeight);
apparelBulk -= thing.def.equippedStatOffsets.GetStatOffsetFromList(CR_StatDefOf.CarryBulk);"

Not sure why it wasn't working for you. It's working fine in my game (backpack and tactical vest).

vedrit

I've downloaded and included the most recent version of Combat Realism and I came across an issue with custom scenarios. If the scenario includes the vanilla armor vest, parts cannot be added to the scenario until the armor vest part is removed. Any attempts to click on "Add Part" will not result in the menu opening.
Just something I think would be beneficial for anyone using custom scenarios.

Hazel

Quote from: codyjriggle on January 20, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
I am having a strange issue with molotov's.  I have created a stone room so that I can burn corpses in, but when I throw a molotov, no fire is created.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yep same here, does not matter where/what its thrown against, no fire  :-\

minakurafto

Quote from: Hazel on January 23, 2017, 06:18:33 AM
Quote from: codyjriggle on January 20, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
I am having a strange issue with molotov's.  I have created a stone room so that I can burn corpses in, but when I throw a molotov, no fire is created.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yep same here, does not matter where/what its thrown against, no fire  :-\
to make molotov works, delete this line <thingClass>Combat_Realism.Projectile_FireTrail</thingClass> in weapons_grenades.xml
i found it by comparing it with molotov from hardcore_SK

porcupine

Quote from: minakurafto on January 23, 2017, 10:56:44 AM
to make molotov works, delete this line <thingClass>Combat_Realism.Projectile_FireTrail</thingClass> in weapons_grenades.xml

Ironic, given they're both developed by the same developer and whatnot :).

Fafn1r

Quote from: porcupine on January 23, 2017, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: minakurafto on January 23, 2017, 10:56:44 AM

Ironic, given they're both developed by the same developer and whatnot :).

Not ironic at all. It's insanely hard to manage minor changes with this amount of mods.

AnNyeong

I'd really LOVE a no ammo version of this that works properly.
I've tried removing the ''setammo'' setting in the weapons_gun.xlm like people suggested but that make everyone who joins the map to freeze at the edge and whatever you do ( arrest, hurt, rescue etc ) if you keep the reload option.
If you don't reload, it's just not balanced at all, might as well not use the mod
There's a bug free version around but it's for A15 only.
The ammo part is too much for me, but I really do love the re-haul of how the armor/weapons work.
This is single-handedly the best mod out there.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: deeperman on January 21, 2017, 10:38:16 AM
skyarkhangel,
answer, somebody has been translated into Russian? I started to do the translation, but I do not want to do double duty!

ответьте, кто нибудь занимается переводом на русский язык? я начал делать перевод, но не хочу делать двойную работу!

For now, nope. Push works with translation on github.