[A17.1539] Fractal-like world map.

Started by top_hat_tomato, May 17, 2017, 06:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

World map looks similar to a fractal. Just previous I was returning from an item stash and launching pods with colonists and cargo.
I was able to snap some photos and was in the process of opening up console to get the error code(s) and the game crashed.
The error was something like 'six could not be reserved' where six was the name of the pawn loading into the pod.
Crash.dmp was 0 bytes also.
I know I need to activate windows

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

XeoNovaDan

plz f12 or printscreen and save via ms paint

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on May 17, 2017, 06:24:32 PM
Trust me, I tried. This was last resort. Steam was weird and I tried to paste into google sheets and then gimp. Neither worked.

Neotic

is this actually 1539 or after zorb made edits to the roads (1541)? could that be related?
Quote from: top_hat_tomato on May 17, 2017, 06:36:16 PM
Quote from: XeoNovaDan on May 17, 2017, 06:24:32 PM
Trust me, I tried. This was last resort. Steam was weird and I tried to paste into google sheets and then gimp. Neither worked.
You don't have a "prtsc" button, are you on mac computer or pc? if you are on a pc try using the snipping tool.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Neotic on May 17, 2017, 06:40:28 PM
is this actually 1539 or after zorb made edits to the roads (1541)? could that be related?
This is actually 1539. I hadn't closed the game for the past few days (and just made my computer sleep). I also tried the exact same save but updated to 1541 and I did not get the error, but I also wasn't able to re-produce the error is 1539.

ZorbaTHut

That happens when something goes catastrophically wrong with the planet rendering code. The only time I've seen this happen is if something is going catastrophically wrong with Unity's memory allocation. The fact that Steam was broken, Google was broken, and Gimp was broken makes me think that you were simply out of RAM, at which point everything, including but not limited to RimWorld, is going to break in a really messy fashion; the immediate crash just backs this up.

Reboot your computer and try again - if it doesn't happen, I'm going to mark this down as a systemwide out-of-memory error :)

ison

It's a known issue. It happens when you run out of RAM. Thanks for reporting though.

Calahan

Very likely to be a one off caused by...

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on May 17, 2017, 06:44:37 PM
I hadn't closed the game for the past few days (and just made my computer sleep).
In all my years of using PC's I've never seen one that wakes up from a prolonged sleep mode in the same functioning state that it was in when it went to sleep. Especially not if it was running one or more (resource intensive) programs at the time. A computer pretty much always needs to be restarted after any prolonged duration in sleep mode in order to return it to a fully functioning state.