For some reason my i keep getting this pink screen when I've loaded into a game.

Started by TaylorDegrace, July 25, 2016, 06:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaylorDegrace

Hey thanks to all who tried to help me. I ended up fixing the problem by reinstalling the graphics drivers and the game itself.

When I load up the game everything is normal, but when I go into one of my save files and actually enter the game i see this pink screen with the display over it. It is the steam version, I am currently up to date and I have uninstalled, reinstalled and it did not fix the issue please help.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

SURU

Attach your save files maybe someone test it.. Maybe logs? nothing in it? Info is key for success
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

skullywag

In your steam directory for rimworld in a folder called rimworldwin_data is a file called output.log. start the gane until you see the pink stuff. Close the game and upload that file here.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TaylorDegrace

Hey thanks for taking the time to help me. I'm trying to upload my file but my output_log is 3,389 KB and the limit on this forum is 600 KB. Is there a way I can clear my log?

milon

There's 3 options for this:

1 - Compress with 7zip or other compression program into a .7z or .zip file (will be much smaller)

2 - upload it to Google drive, One drive, dropbox, whatever and share the link

3 - Delete the log file, run RimWorld until error happens, quit RimWorld, attach log file (this only works if the current log file had multiple start attempts it. If it's outputting a huge amount of data, then this won't work at all.)