[A12] Craftable Hyperweave and Synthread (V1.3, Released 8/30)

Started by Anonemous2, May 28, 2015, 06:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Craftable  Hyperweave and Synthread

This is a simple mod that adds a new crafting bench to craft synthread and hyperweave, after you research it.
Crafting Synthread requires cloth and steel, and Hyperweave requires cloth and plasteel.

Stats:                       Armor Blunt:       Armor Electric:          Armor Heat:       Armor Sharp:     Insulation Cold:        Insulation Heat:         Market Value:
Cloth:                          100%-----------------100%----------------100%------------100%---------------100%-----------------100%-------------------1.48
Deerhide:                     150%-----------------400%----------------170%------------150%---------------125%-----------------125%--------------------3.5
Synthread:                   100%-----------------400%----------------400%------------164%---------------125%-----------------125%--------------------11
Hyperweave:                160%-----------------100%----------------200%------------400%---------------110%-----------------110%--------------------45
Devilstrand:                  129%-----------------300%----------------100%------------200%---------------100%-----------------100%--------------------16

Armor Blunt: Protection against being hit with blunt objects, like a club.

Armor Electric: Protection against EMP Pulses

Armor Heat: Protects against Burns from being on fire.

Armor Sharp: Protects against Bullets, Cuts, and bites.

Insulation Cold: Increases maxim Cold comfortable temperature.

Insulation Heat: Increases maxim Hot comfortable temperature.

Market Value: How much silver it cost when buying and selling (selling and buying prices change).

V1.3, for Alpha 12, 8/30/2015:
Same as V1.2 but updated to work in Alpha 12.

Dropbox for V1.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d53v6xqv6tfbty7/FHS%20V1.3.zip?dl=0

V1.2, for Alpha 11, 6/14/2015:
Same as V1.1 but updated to work in Alpha 11.

Dropbox for V1.2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxhtqe2u16trg7q/FHS%20V1.2.zip?dl=0

V1.1, for Alpha 10, 5/30/2015:
Changed Recipe to require silver and increased crafting requirement form 12 to 14 for hyperweave
I had tried to make the crafting recipe for hyperweave require synthread, but when it need it they wouldn't make hyperweave.

Dropbox for V1.1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j1bzhwtw0qnqsj/FHS%20V1.1.zip?dl=0

V1, for Alpha 10, 5/28/2015:
This is a simple mod that adds a new crafting bench to craft synthread and hyperweave, after you research it.
Crafting Synthread requires cloth and steel, and Hyperweave requires cloth and plasteel.

Dropbox for V1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rekdx68uj6c37ub/Fashioning%20Hyperweave%20and%20Synthread%20V1.zip?dl=0

If you have any recommendations for balancing this mod or new ideas, please tell me, it would help!

BMS

Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

deadlydullahan

This is a personal opinion but I think silver should be included in the list of requirements to craft rather than just steel and plasteel. I think this would be more of a balance since those materials should be a little bit more difficult to acquire  :P  I can't recall if there's a required crafting level either, if there is my bad  ;D  If there isn't I think a required crafting level should be thrown in such as a skill of 10 crafting for synthread and 15 for hyperweave (or vice versa)

BMS

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 29, 2015, 11:27:48 AM
This is a personal opinion but I think silver should be included in the list of requirements to craft rather than just steel and plasteel. I think this would be more of a balance since those materials should be a little bit more difficult to acquire  :P  I can't recall if there's a required crafting level either, if there is my bad  ;D  If there isn't I think a required crafting level should be thrown in such as a skill of 10 crafting for synthread and 15 for hyperweave (or vice versa)

I like it - just stared my new colony so i havent tested it but whichever is higher level item should be > devilstrand as you can just grow it - and medical kits are > plant medicine
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Anonemous2

Adding silver maybe good way to balance this mod, I probably will do that for V1.1, Also there is a crafting level required, level 8 for synthread and 12 for hyperweave.

dismar

Well how its done in the supercraft mod is the the synthread req. plasteel and cotton.  Then Hyperweave is made from the Sythread and devilweave to kinda balance it all out. Just some food for thought :P

Anonemous2

I thinking about making hyperweave with synthread and more silver and plasteel...  Also here's the stats of materials.

Stats:                       Armor Blunt:       Armor Electric:          Armor Heat:       Armor Sharp:     Insulation Cold:        Insulation Heat:         Market Value:
Cloth:                          100%-----------------100%----------------100%------------100%---------------100%-----------------100%-------------------1.48
Deerhide:                     150%-----------------400%----------------170%------------150%---------------125%-----------------125%--------------------3.5
Synthread:                   100%-----------------400%----------------400%------------164%---------------125%-----------------125%--------------------11
Hyperweave:                160%-----------------100%----------------200%------------400%---------------110%-----------------110%--------------------45
Devilstrand:                  129%-----------------300%----------------100%------------200%---------------100%-----------------100%--------------------16

Armor Blunt: Protection against being hit with blunt objects, like a club.

Armor Electric: Protection against EMP Pulses

Armor Heat: Protects against Burns from being on fire.

Armor Sharp: Protects against Bullets, Cuts, and bites.

Insulation Cold: Increases maxim Cold comfortable temperature.

Insulation Heat: Increases maxim Hot comfortable temperature.

Market Value: How much silver it cost when buying and selling (selling and buying prices change).

Anonemous2

Finished updating Craftable  Hyperweave and Synthread, all my mods except Laser Weapons have been updated to Alpha 11, I'll work on Laser Weapons' Update tomorrow, Zzzzzzzzzz...

DarkTemplarlord

Is there possible to update this to alpha 12? Its pretty usefull for some other mods graftings

Anonemous2

DarkTemplarlord

LustrousWolf

LustrousWolf

I changed some code at the bottom of the "Buildings_ProductionMoreStuff.xml" file found in "Fashioning Hyperweave and Synthread > Defs > ThingsDefs" and the mod appears to be working again. I did some testing but have not completed a whole game with it so there might be some bugs. Sorry, I am pretty bad when it comes to modding. I hope this helps :)

EDIT: I just realized that this mod is really unbalanced, in the fact that synthread and hyperweave is super cheap to make since the the new update. Although I am not sure what changes to make to make it more balanced so I left them how they were in A12.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Volcanus

This mod just breaks my game every time i make the table the color of my screen goes warped and i cant acess the menus unless i know where they would be normally. Then it wont let me load the save where the item is built =( i really want to make that damn cloth so i can finally make some medkits >,<.

Just a heads up to people really and the mod maker.

Any clue what would be causing this? Tends to happen when i hook it up to power like i have to then BOOM game goes silly.